You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm convinced, I want King Kenny as manager!

It will do me in if Rafa goes, and H&G remain.

To all the Rafa bashers,Liverpool football Club as far bigger problems than Rafa Benitez,GET YOUR FUCKIN HEADS OUT OF THE SAND!!!!!!!

I will reluctantly accept Rafa going for the sake of the Club,but anyone who is deluded enough to think all our troubles will go with a change of Manager, quite frankly haven't a fuckin clue!

As much as I'm uneasy with the thought of Dalglish becoming our next Manager I MAY accept this.

Any Potential new Owners will want to appoint their own Manager,so it would be pointless getting Hodgson,O'Neill etc etc on a long contract,so the solution maybe to appoint Dalglish on a short term basis until new owners are found,like we have a short term Chairman.

Agreed with the first three paragraphs.

Transfer League Has Liverpool higher Nett spend than United since 04/05 season

im not a anti rafa sheep, i just want Liverpool to do well and this seasons not been good enough

btw, i speak to lots of reds IRL but never hear this 'nett spend' thing, only on the internet

I want us to do well also. I didn't say you didn't. Those figures are distorted. Firstly do you believe Utd have spent £5,350,000 nett per year since 2004 and Portsmouth who have now gone bust owing £120 million under spending by £4 million in the same period? Also, Utd spend doesn't include Ferdinand (£30 million) who they didn't need to replace and Giggs, Scholes etc who they where lucky enough to bring through the academy.

Can anyone name ONE season where we overspent UTD in the transfer window on the same amount of players?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transfer League Has Liverpool higher Nett spend than United since 04/05 season

im not a anti rafa sheep, i just want Liverpool to do well and this seasons not been good enough

btw, i speak to lots of reds IRL but never hear this 'nett spend' thing, only on the internet

That site has been discredited time & time again.

Without even looking at it I bet they've included Luis Garcia in the Torres deal to try and make it look like we paid out Atletico's buyout clause.

EDIT: They have, and they've used a Prentice article as evidence.

Some of the excuses made for Rafa are laughable, over six years the squad is no way near as strong as it could be because of Benitez's inept dealings in the market and his ability to replace good players with inferior ones.

Wonder what Fergusons excuses are after losing Tevez and Ronado, imagine if that was Rafa instead of galvanizing the team he would winge and whine about how he lost two of his best players therefore meaning we couldnt challenge.

...Portsmouth who have now gone bust owing £120 million under spending by £4 million in the same period? ....

Not wanting to get into the net spend crap, but Portsmouth's debt has been largely built up because of what they owe the taxman from the players salaries, not because of actual transfer fees.

Name the players and ask yourself why he needs to play them there. Maybe injuries? Also, admit to yourself that this "little transfer buget" may have a bearing on why are season stuttered from last year.

We came second last year. Not perfect but not 'proven not to work' either.

Where's the proof of these 'clandestine' meetings? Clandestine means 'done in secret' btw.

Finally, "'there are none so blind as those who will not see". I see a manager (taking into account the above) working 24/7 for this club, not always successfully admittedly, under massive constraints from G&H whilst holding this team together. We have lost 19 and Torres has missed 18 matches! Sadly we will only know how good he was when he's gone.

Good for you, you want to confirm how many other of my 'big' words you can look the meaning of up on the internet?

I'm not disputing the fact Rafa works hard, I'm saying he doesn't work smart. He can work all the hours god sends yet if he keeps making the same mistakes I'd say he'd probably be better off at home spending some quallity time with his wife & kids.

Some of the excuses made for Rafa are laughable, over six years the squad is no way near as strong as it could be because of Benitez's inept dealings in the market and his ability to replace good players with inferior ones.

Wonder what Fergusons excuses are after losing Tevez and Ronado, imagine if that was Rafa instead of galvanizing the team he would winge and whine about how he lost two of his best players therefore meaning we couldnt challenge.

Even better imagine how we would feel if Rafa had spent:

Berbatov £30.75 mill

Hargreaves £17 mill

Tosic £8 mill

Da Silva brothers £10.4 mill

Anderson £18 mill

Selling Pique for £5 mill

Even better imagine how we would feel if Rafa had spent:

Berbatov £30.75 mill

Hargreaves £17 mill

Tosic £8 mill

Da Silva brothers £10.4 mill

Anderson £18 mill

Selling Pique for £5 mill

If Ferguson is so shit in the transfer market:

a) how have they won three titles in a row?

b) why is net spend used as an excuse when Ferguson wastes the money anyway?

If Ferguson is so shit in the transfer market:

a) how have they won three titles in a row?

b) why is net spend used as an excuse when Ferguson wastes the money anyway?

I only said imagine if Rafa had spent that money on them players.

United won 3 on the run due to there squad.

This season they have been very lucky with shrek.

If he had been injured for a big part of the season,they would not be in second place.

If you are interested, one of the main problems with Rafa is his stubborn belief in himself.

He sulks when things go wrong and then creates a situation to bring the fans onto his side.

This strategy has worked for him every time,until now.

This time his leaving ploy has backfired.

He has created a situation and the club has called his bluff.

Rafa finds himself cornered, as it seems the club are saying go to juve if you want we wont stop you.

So now we are starting to see Rafa realising it has backfired,and we will see him starting to keep himself as manager here.

Even more so now that if the Juve offer was genuine,it has now gone tits up with them not making Champions league by drawing yesterday,and the promise of the pot of gold for him going out of the window.

That site has been discredited time & time again.

Without even looking at it I bet they've included Luis Garcia in the Torres deal to try and make it look like we paid out Atletico's buyout clause.

EDIT: They have, and they've used a Prentice article as evidence.

The site is run by a Manc and the fact that he's set up a special table just for Rafa tells you everything you need to know about its objectivity.

They sent him to Cologne and cancelled the transfer for his team mate. He played for their reserves against ours and he did have a really big nose.

I hope Fergie held on to the receipt then.

Quick question, how are you watching the reserve games? Aren't you based in Tampa? Is there a site that carries them? I'd like to sign up if so.

i didnt know it was run by a manc, although i dont really understand why its in his interests to create a table making Rafa look bad, unless he wants Rafa to get sacked?

its probably my fault the thread went off on a tangent with nett spend, sorry, back to Kenny Dalglish

I think he's happy enough doing what he's doing at the minute, to be honest. I'm not sure he'd be too keen on getting back into management.

If Rafa had have gone halfway through this season, I think he'd have been appointed on an interim basis to try and steady the ship, but I don't think he would have gone beyond that.

I hope Fergie held on to the receipt then.

Quick question, how are you watching the reserve games? Aren't you based in Tampa? Is there a site that carries them? I'd like to sign up if so.

I'll take this one on his behalf. It's a little-known site:

Home - Liverpool FC

I'm not in Tampa myself btw, sunny Oldham here.

• 5 weeks later...
I think it would do this football club the world of good.

Get Dalglish in on a two-year-contract and get this football club back to the 'basics' if you like. The whole place would get a complete lift and it would ensure our captain would not be going anywhere, not that I think he will anyway. Maybe it would even be enough to convince Torres to stay here a little bit longer.

Dalglish would get the best out of our players and the atmosphere alone at Anfield would secure better performances from the players. I'm sure the standard of football would improve too.

His main goal would be to secure Champions League football and start re-building a team capable of being great. A domestic trophy would be a bonus.

The core of the team is partly built with the likes of Reina, Carragher, Agger, Gerrard, Mascherano and Torres around. You can add the likes of Johnson and Maxi to that and maybe one or two more. Also, you can't forget what we have coming through in Kelly, Pacheco, Ayala and now with the signing of Shelvey. And we don't seem to be stopping there with many more top kids being mentioned. If Dalglish could only add three, four, maybe five good players to that with funds mainly created from player sales. e.g. Riera, Degen, Insua, Calvelieri, Skrtel, N'Gog, Yossi, Babel, El Zhar and maybe one or two youngsters like San Jose.

The market will be good this summer. City will be looking to offload Ireland, Onouha, Wright-Philips, Belamy, Santa Cruz etc.. Same at West Ham with the likes of Carlton Cole, Mark Noble and Upson all touted to be available. I think it's a big summer for Shawcross and Gary Cahill too, so it would be excellent to get one or two of them in. Don't even start on the exodus that is about to happen at Real Madrid.

The other alternative to Dalglish, is someone like Roy Hodgson, if you could only convince him to come here on a similar deal and terms.

kenny-dalglish-250-970886752.jpg

Make it happen.