You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thomas O Hicks Junior

StevieH

Holding my breath Ste

The thing there Al is even if he does if he does resign hicks has 5 other offspring and he'll just bump up another on to our board. Hopefully the media keep up this story and not just tommorrows papers, I wonder what the clubs Ambassader thinks about one of our fans been insuted in a vile way by a director of the club?

Liverpool fans' war with American owners escalates after offensive email sent by Tom Hicks Jnr - Exclusive - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Liverpool fans' fury at offensive email sent by Tom Hicks Jnr

The war between Liverpool’s fans and the club’s American owners exploded last night.

The son of co-owner Tom Hicks, who is also a club director, launched an offensive e-mail attack on a supporter.

A member of the Spirit of Shankly, the fans’ group set up to give supporters a forum to voice their disapproval of how Hicks Senior and George Gillett are running the club, contacted Tom Hicks Jnr.

He made the Texan businessman aware of a local newspaper article questioning why boss Rafa Benitez was being forced to manage the club’s debts.

Hicks Jnr’s despatched a one word response: "Fool”.

Hicks Junior then sent a follow-up message which read:“Blow me f**k face. I am sick of you.”

Hicks Junior’s incredible behaviour will come as a major embarrassment to Liverpool’s owners and will inevitably intensify the level of anger felt by supporters.

Paul Rice, chairman of Spirit of Shankly, said: “It is totally indefensible for a director of the club to speak to a fan in that manner.

“We feel this makes Tom Hicks Junior's position as a director of Liverpool Football Club untenable.”

For months there has been a simmering mood of anger towards the American owners from disillusioned Anfield fans. But this latest insult looks certain to prompt a ferocious backlash from the Liverpool faithful.

When the American owners arrived at Anfield three years ago they claimed the club was in good hands, that they would build a new stadium and have direct lines of communication with the fans.

Last night Hicks Senior sent a personal apology to the offended party in a desperate exercise in damage limitation.

But his son's gaffe could prove the insult that unites all Liverpool fans against the club hierarchy.

No there's a poster TTNBD who's well up to speed on things financial. 4pool is the poster who has consistently defended the ownership throughout. He's almost on his own of course given what's happened up to and including today. But he's not the 'financial guru'. This is TTNBD. Who also never criticises the ownership.

Anyway, this is no surprise re the reply from Hicks Jnr. Did anyone actually think we were much more than the shite on the side of their shoes? We're here to service their debt. Nothing more, nothing less. We're not here to question. Hence the disdain and utter fucking contempt shown by this cnut in his reply.

Of course the cretin should resign. But then of course the tossers owning us should sell up and fuck off. But neither will happen. Don't hold your breath.

My mistake , its ttnbd , yer right.

No idea what yer on about mate.

What im saying is he does his utmost to keep on top of all the financial side of things ie: yearly accounts and possible repercussions etc, and tries to make sense of it all on behalf of those who cant get their heads round it.

It's not 4pool, it's a poster by the name of TTNBD who posts on all things financial. Not that this is relevant like as the accounts get published about 18months after the 'event'. I.e. latest accounts we can look at is for the period to July 2008.

Guest ShoePiss
My mistake , its ttnbd , yer right.

So you do know what I'm on about, 4pool is chief apologist for the AMERICAN owners, specifically the ones located in TEXAS...there's a reason for that.

just been on RAWK its fuckin hard work...but one lad sums it up very well.

"Nice to see a bit of class from the club starting at the top....all the more saddening when you compare and contrast various quotes.

'Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'.” by the great man Bill Shankly

and then have

'Blow me fuck face. Go to hell. I'm sick of you'

From a director of the club, how far have we fallen in more ways than one."

a poster called Liver Bird.

Great work Steve H becasue this is getting the bad ownership situation all sorts of press.

In the past, when the club was run properly, Hicks Jr would have resigned as a director. Unfortunately we have two warring factions in the boardroom and they have an even amount of directors/votes to stop one from ousting the other.

That's the main reason why he won't step down (or if he does, Hicks Snr will put another man in there to keep the numbers even).

I still think the whole episode is good news because it brings attention on a national scale to our bad owners.

it will be hard to escape the feeling that Liverpool’s main aim for the next few years will be debt reduction rather than trophy gathering.

Ridiculous. 2nd last season could easily been 1st, and if the lads stopped slacking and got on with the job, we could have done a double or treble. Massive transfer spending doesn't = Trophy gathering. The squad is strong, they're just lazy ass manic depressives who need to learn consistancy of effort and hard work.

We can easily pay off debt and win everything in sight at the same time with an improvement in moral.

Great work Steve H becasue this is getting the bad ownership situation all sorts of press.

In the past, when the club was run properly, Hicks Jr would have resigned as a director. Unfortunately we have two warring factions in the boardroom and they have an even amount of directors/votes to stop one from ousting the other.

That's the main reason why he won't step down (or if he does, Hicks Snr will put another man in there to keep the numbers even).

I still think the whole episode is good news because it brings attention on a national scale to our bad owners.

Good point. I imagine Mack Hicks could replace Tom Jnr.

Guest ShoePiss
Im just saying that there are ' some ' decent posters over there. Thats all.

Yeah there are, just a little unfortunate that you mentioned that said poster.

Talking of which he was very quick to show that hicks jnr had apologised for the insulting words, not thinking that that apology would actually give the story even more credibility as far as the press were concerned.

an apologist own goal I think.

Ridiculous. 2nd last season could easily been 1st, and if the lads stopped slacking and got on with the job, we could have done a double or treble. Massive transfer spending doesn't = Trophy gathering. The squad is strong, they're just lazy ass manic depressives who need to learn consistancy of effort and hard work.

We can easily pay off debt and win everything in sight at the same time with an improvement in moral.

What time is it in Texas Thomas?

Send me an email when you are sober.

Any step however small is something to savour at the moment. If anything it will unite alot of the fans out there who are at the moment totally apathetic to the ownership situation. Its one small positive in a whole world of shite....hopefully this thing will have legs and at least put the ownership situation back at the forefront of peoples minds, that is till we next get beat of course.

Just got it and amazed how many papers are actually covering this. Good work to everyone involved getting this done.

Was actually talking to some mates about this today.

We came to the conclustion that Hicks Jr is either a fucking muppet or a complete cokehead, as his whole logic/thought process is non-existent.

Not only was it fucking stupid enough responding to the first e-mail the way he did, he chose to reply again with his foul mouthed tirade and then copy in the only two people in the world that you wouldn't copy in if you were in his shoes.

Really, really hope SOS grab the bull by the horns on this and don't let this just fall away by the way side.

The worst thing that can happen is that this is all forgotten about or swept under the carpet in a weeks time.