You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Reaction

TheDrowningMan

Objectively......

Rafa has clearly lost the ability to motivate the players - We are no longer able to play as a team - When was the last acceptable, never mind good performance we saw?

Excuse after excuse after excuse! We are Liverpool Football Club and losing seven already is totally unacceptable whichever way you look at it.

We need a change urgently BUT we WILL NOT get any worthwhile manager with the pot-less yanks in charge. It really is that simple! We are stuck!

As much as I hate to say it, I am really, really worried about the future and being in this catch 22 situation, I really can't see any way out. Kenny and Sammy are NOT the answer so we would need to look outside and I'm sorry, that just aint going to happen!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Objectively......

Rafa has clearly lost the ability to motivate the players - We are no longer able to play as a team - When was the last acceptable, never mind good performance we saw?

Good question. Probably the ManUre game. Most damning of all though, and barely believable, we've won just 4, fucking four games from the last 17. That's FOUR wins in the last SEVENTEEN fucking games.

Even Stoke would be ashamed of that record.

think that Rafa should go now...But ho would replace him??

Very bad performance from whole team but extremely pisspoor were Agger and Johnson. Daniel started well after his injury, had 2-3 solid performances, but in last matcehes looks like a liability to me. He is now markantly worse than Carra.

And he did not show any of his ballplaying skills already for 2 months

if there is no chance rafa will be sacked there is no chance that our stubborn manager will change what he's doing. kuyt will always start as will lucas more often than not. we will play this broken 4231 regardless if the opposition is bottom of the league at home or chelsea away. guile and creativity will always be sacrificed for workrate and ability to follow instructions and we will go back to the houllier days of considering 4th place as a success.

i've wanted him sacked for some time now but hand on heart i think we have to suffer a lot lot more before we see the back of him.

today, against bottom of the league he started with 1 keeper, 7 defenders, a defensive attacker and only 2 offensive players.

United lost two quality players, Ancolotti in his first season and Arsenal always flatter to deceive, we have been shafted by the yanks but maybe top spot was not out of the equation if Rafa had the same philosphy as he did for the last 3 months of the season, ye the injuries have done us but so have the tactics and the managers crazy decisions from the past, replacing good players with shite.

We are lucky to have Rafa. He has held the club dogether through its most difficult time and continues to do so. He continues to act calmly and intelligently with the resources at his disposal. The dogs may bark but Rafa's procession moves on.

IMO the problems this season are

(a) Gerrard came back from the summer unfocused following his court room drama which he has admitted shook him to the core, and with his head full of World Cup dreams. Injured when playing for England he chose to stay at the England camp rather than return to LFC. Rafa was not responsible for either of those two factors, After several slow, clumsy games Gerrard then started to suffer from his old groin injury. He has being playing like a cart horse. Those who insist that he is the stalwart of the team should now have the grace to admit that his absences and lack of form must, therefore, have had an effect the team.

(b) Torres had no rest in the summer and a truncated pre-season interrupted by a trip to the Orient to earn money for the club. He was clearly exhausted and susceptible to injury. He, too, was pumped up about the World Cup and got injured with his national squad and stayed with the squad instead of returning to the club. Rafa was not responsible for any of those factors. Those who claimTorres is a stalwart of LFC should have the grace to admit his absences, injuries and relatively poor form while recovering has had an effect.

© Carragher began the season in poor form and continues to struggle. Those who say he is indispensable should have the grace to admit that his poor form has had an effect. Rafa has gone out of his way to defend him from criticism and build up his confidence.

Those that say Rafa should be lifting the spirits and motivating the three highest paid members of the team need their head examined.

(d) Mascherano came back unfocused. His head had been turned by Barcelona. He was captain of a chaotic Argentinian team and subject to intense pressure from Maradonna and from the brutal Argentinian and other South American press. He has recovered his form only in the last month. Rafa did not earn the two red cards - Masch did.

(e) Reira came back exhausted from an intense summer with the Spanish team and was susceptible to injury and duly got himself injured.

(f) Injuries to 13 important players have delayed the expected recovery.

I realize that many of the readers of this forum demand that everyone admit that Rafa made mistakes - so I will comply. Rafa should have saved Arshavin's brilliant shot last week, he should have connected with at least one of the great crosses Gerrarrd put in against Wigan, and he should have been there to pick up and clear Johnson weak header today. Naughty Rafa!

We are lucky to have Rafa. He has held the club dogether through its most difficult time and continues to do so. He continues to act calmly and intelligently with the resources at his disposal. The dogs may bark but Rafa's procession moves on.

(a) Gerrard came back from the summer unfocused following his court room drama which he has admitted shook him to the core, and with his head full of World Cup dreams. Injured when playing for England he chose to stay at the England camp rather than return to LFC. Rafa was not responsible for either of those two factors, After several slow, clumsy games Gerrard then started to suffer from his old groin injury. He has being playing like a cart horse. Those who insist that he is the stalwart of the team should now have the grace to admit that his absences and lack of form must, therefore, have had an effect the team.

(b) Torres had no rest in the summer and a truncated pre-season interrupted by a trip to the Orient to earn money for the club. He was clearly exhausted and susceptible to injury. He, too, was pumped up about the World Cup and got injured with his national squad and stayed with the squad instead of returning to the club. Rafa was not responsible for any of those factors. Those who claimTorres is a stalwart of LFC should have the grace to admit his absences, injuries and relatively poor form while recovering has had an effect.

© Carragher began the season in poor form and continues to struggle. Those who say he is indispensable should have the grace to admit that his poor form has had an effect. Rafa has gone out of his way to defend him from criticism and build up his confidence.

Those that say Rafa should be lifting the spirits and motivating the three highest paid members of the team need their head examined.

(d) Mascherano came back unfocused. His head had been turned by Barcelona. He was captain of a chaotic Argentinian team and subject to intense pressure from Maradonna and from the brutal Argentinian and other South American press. He has recovered his form only in the last month. Rafa did not earn the two red cards - Masch did.

(e) Reira came back exhausted from an intense summer with the Spanish team and was susceptible to injury and duly got himself injured.

I realize that many of the readers of this forum demand that everyone admit that Rafa made mistakes - so I will comply. Rafa should have saved Arshavin's brilliant shot last week, he should have connected with at least one of the great crosses Gerrarrd put in against Wigan, and he should have been there to pick up and clear Johnson weak header today. Naughty Rafa!

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

That's as far as I got.

When going through a bad patch you can look at it objectively and find positives, where you think...yeah we can take this forward.....but at the moment i am really struggling to find any positives, hope it ends soon, but i sadly think it will get worse before it gets better. Pre-season set the tone for me and it's just continued. I just feel numb at the moment.

i keep looking at the web hoping for some breaking rumour that rafa is off but no such luck. The yanks must be speaking to purslow and realize that there is no chance of CL qualification for next year - there is no way they are going to give rafa further funds to fix/rebuild this team only for it to fail again and having to get rid of him in two years.

I hope we see action on monday to bring in a replacement - wouldn't be surpised if hiddink is temporary manager to end of the season.

i keep looking at the web hoping for some breaking rumour that rafa is off but no such luck. The yanks must be speaking to purslow and realize that there is no chance of CL qualification for next year - there is no way they are going to give rafa further funds to fix/rebuild this team only for it to fail again and having to get rid of him in two years.

I hope we see action on monday to bring in a replacement - wouldn't be surpised if hiddink is temporary manager to end of the season.

I would

I'm not saying he isn't entitled to it, Al.

I just find the attitude of us being "lucky" to be lumbered with a manager so gutless ridiculous.

is the truth, our biggest failing is that we are too loyal to managers, when certain people started turning against houllier they took loads of stick becos we don't want to believe it, we don't want to go through the messy business of getting another manager becos we are all mostly fair minded people and can see rafa loves the club,but at the same time people equating how much they love the club to how much they love or are loyal to the manager is wrong

Rafa is 'lucky' to manage Liverpool football club, he is lucky to be on such a great contract to still have staunch supporters despite a start to the season that would have him sacked anywhere else.

Have you been up all night smoking dope on the play station again Jamesy? With 20 games left to play and admitedly 8 points behind Villa but yet to play them again, how anyone can say we have no chance of finishing 4th must be crackers. Also, anyone that thinks Hiddink will manage Liverpool anytime soon may aswell get themselves a white suit, a play station joy pad and settle in for a night on the puff with with Mr David James...