You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan @ Anfield, Wednesday night

zigackly

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you watch the re-runs of both Fiorentina and Arsenal games you will see Aquilani was showing great movement and getting into space to recieve the ball.

The problem was Carra or Agger got the ball and just hoofed forward.

Our style of football for the past 10 years has been a disgrace quite frankly. We can do it, we've shown it in patches over that time frame but the current tripe thats being served up is fucking inexcusable.

Tomorrow i'm sure we'll win but it'll be scrappy & dire to watch.

There is no way in this world he will play 442 with Gerrard centre mid tomorrow.

He's done it about 10 times in 5 years

Even when we played 442 week in week out we had Momo an Xabi in the centre Gerrard on the right

2 holding midfielders to start the game in Aurelio and Mascherano. I reckon it's nailed on, he's not going to go attacking when everyone's confidence is shot an we're playing shite

ok that seems more likely...

--------------Reina---------

Carra---Skrtel---Agger---Insua

--------Masch---Aurelio--------

Kuyt-------Gerrard--------Benny

------------Torres----------------

I'm not saying he wants to sell him, but maybe he's not the player Rafa thought he was or maybe he's not quite got to grips with what he's being asked.

If he's that inept he can't be played at home against Wigan, maybe he should want to sell him?

I'd find it more believable that he's not adapted to the pace of the game here quickly and combined with having been out for so long it means he's not as ready as he should be.

Either way, we'll find out by the end of the season.

If he's that inept he can't be played at home against Wigan, maybe he should want to sell him?

I'd find it more believable that he's not adapted to the pace of the game here quickly and combined with having been out for so long it means he's not as ready as he should be.

Either way, we'll find out by the end of the season.

You make a good point and I hope it's that rather than what I've alluded to.

But he's not going to get used to it swapping jokes with Cavalieri on the bench. He needs to play.

I never expected to see Aquilani fit fireing on all cylinders till January anyway, why cant ppl be patient? It can take fit foreign players a whole season to adapt to the prem. Lets hope when he gets into his stride he's Dalglish, Barnes and Molby all rolled into 1 or he might start getting booed every time he comes on as a sub!

If you watch the re-runs of both Fiorentina and Arsenal games you will see Aquilani was showing great movement and getting into space to recieve the ball.

The problem was Carra or Agger got the ball and just hoofed forward.

Exactly, we brought on a creative midfielder just to hoff the ball over his head every time:wallbutt:

I reckon we will twat them because of the ocasion they will not only play for the fans.

I think if they don't twat them. it just won't be good at all.

Tomorrow with the crowd and the occasion and a few goals, could give

us the kick in the arse that is needed to start this bloody season.

we are struggling for 4th.

but aston villa, spurs, mancity fuck off they are fuck all when compared

to the greatness of lfc. we shall come good:thumbup:

Villa being the ones who fall apart towards the end of every season? I cant believe anyone doubts we'll make the top 4, not that its an acceptable target but we always go on long unbeaten runs so it makes me wonder when people think Villa will last the pace.

Hoping one will fall away and not last the pace is a fair shout. The problem comes when you start relying on several clubs doing it. Especially when one of them is willing to just throw money at getting more players in January, should they feel they need them.

No you cant, but you also dont shit your pants in fucking December like some on here have.

What do you mean 'bite us in the arse eventually' aswell? As if we've been waiting for Villa to fall away every year. There is no chance they will finish above us, none.

City, maybe if they throw more money in and it works but not Villa. We've got the players to go on a run and they will do at some point, we wont be playing like this all year, too many good players

To be a bit pedantic, do you not think our formation is a 4 4 1 1 type arrangement these days rather than the more attacking 4 2 3 1?

The two wide players, especially Kuyt (or whoever is playing on the right), seem much more concerned, and bogged down with, defensive responsibility this year. Often I've seen two lines of four close together, Gerrard a few yards ahead of the midfield and the striker 25-30 yards away from the nearest red shirt.

We're just not getting forward in enough numbers and quickly enough - an old problem. but seems more pronounced this season.

To be a bit pedantic, do you not think our formation is a 4 4 1 1 type arrangement these days rather than the more attacking 4 2 3 1?

The two wide players, especially Kuyt (or whoever is playing on the right), seem much more concerned, and bogged down with, defensive responsibility this year. Often I've seen two lines of four close together, Gerrard a few yards ahead of the midfield and the striker 25-30 yards away from the nearest red shirt.

We're just not getting forward in enough numbers and quickly enough - an old problem. but seems more pronounced this season.

Definitely. We bottled the 4231 early on and everyone dropped off.

Just had a look at that selection again. Rafa is doing himself no favours again if we are truly playing that group of players, whatever the formation, at home vs Wigan.

Degen would offer more at right back than Carra tomorrow. Aquilani needs time on the pitch - it's getting a bit silly now. Also relying on creativity from a struggling Yossi and Dirk is very questionable.

I'd rather go (if Johnson isn't fit)

Reina

Degen Carra Agger Aurelio

Gerrard Masch Aqua

Yossi

Ngog Torres

Just had a look at that selection again. Rafa is doing himself no favours again if we are truly playing that group of players, whatever the formation, at home vs Wigan.

Degen would offer more at right back than Carra tomorrow. Aquilani needs time on the pitch - it's getting a bit silly now. Also relying on creativity from a struggling Yossi and Dirk is very questionable.

I'd rather go (if Johnson isn't fit)

Reina

Degen Carra Agger Aurelio

Gerrard Masch Aqua

Yossi

Ngog Torres

Firstly, who the fuck is Aqua. HIS NAME IS AQUILANI. ALBERTO AQUILANI. CAN BE SHORTENED TO AQUI, NOTT AQUA OR AQUAMAN OR WHATEVER OTHER FUCKING SHIT.

Secondly, Ngog and Torres cannot play together.

Thirdly, there is no fucking width in the team. Degen and Aurelio is not width. Unless you're saying that Gerrard and Aqui are playing right and left of a diamond, which is pretty fucked up since Gerrard is our best player and Aqui is not a fucking left winger, because it completely goes against his political beliefs. And also because he fucking isn't.

Lastly, this is a "lineup" made up by someone who has too much time on his hands. Yes, I know; very creditable.