You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

charity match

robbief

We are currently looking for a team to play a friendly game against in order to raise money for the Rhys Jones Memorial Fund.

This sunday is our last game before our christmas break so we can play any time after that, preferably the 27th. We don't want to play a top draw team as quite simply, we're not that good! who ever we play we will put up a battle.

The main reason I posted on here was because I thought it could be an idea for forumites to put up a team and the proceeds of their sponsorship to go to the site.

If anyone is interested let me know.....

Cheers.

Could somebody out of the lads who normally play (malarky, zeke and such) get a pm sent out to the others that usually have a knock? your going to need to get your sponsor forms out ASAP and arrange kit and what not. Obviously I have no problems with you wearing white t-shirts and such, just stuff that everybody has or can be picked up cheap as chips in primark......

I really want this to go ahead as the team we where due to play have had a game put on both weekends we can play due to a decent cup run and I think it'll do the site a favour too.

EDIT: i have spoken to a ref from our league, it's 25 notes a game so we'll split that between the teams. Pitch wise; we can play on our pitch (buckley hill, yeah, I know) or we could use one more central if anybody knows one that won't be being used? we'll put our nets and corner flags up, use our ball and all that caper......

add your name if your in;

1. malarky

2. liverpool lad

3. ezekial

4. anty

5. ted

don't forget this needs to be organised ASAP in order for sponsor forms to be emailed out and filled in, unless your all just going to throw a few quid in or whatever....... best bet is one of you lot take control and get on your mates cases to play, i'm sures theres normally a lot more than this who usually have a go.

best bet is if one of you lads takes control, you need someone to draw up a sponsor form and e-mail everyone a copy, make sure everyone has a kit / something that resembles a kit, sort out positions and lifts and your on!

would be great if someone is involved in a team and can get the lend of a kit. We are in barca colours by the way.

really looking forward to this!

1. malarky

2. liverpool lad

3. ezekial

4. anty

5. ted

6. Pierre

7. woo

Come on lads, it's for the good of the site.

I think we're set on sunday the 3rd of jan, let's call it 12 o'clock kick off.

You still need to elect a 'manager'. It only takes 5 minutes to come up with a sponsor form then you just email it to everyone in your team or post it on here for them to print out themselves.

If everyone PMs your manager with your email addresses and phone numbers it will make things a lot easier.