You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Debrecen Away 24/11/2009

Xherdan

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? That was in Chris Bascombe's article on Sunday. If that had been Rooney would we (or Arsenal) feel a need to win a game to make up for that?

No, but I dont think it would help matters if Lyon would just fold.

Anycase I could not find anything on the lyon website about tonight.

Neither did my visit to the Fiorentina website bear any fruit.

I bet you ten million quid it isn't.

You could, but I am basing that on the form we are currently in.

If we dont improve we are well and truly fucked.

However I am taking it one game at a time.

I am not looking passed the next game currently and to be honest I dread to think what might happen.

Win tonight at all cost, and maybe lady luck will shine on us one more time.

We need her now than ever.

See now, when you said that a very scary thought exploded in my brain.

What if this is the last Champions League game for the next few years?

Guess we still have to play that last game against Fiorentina ;)

But I see what you mean, and yeah, scary thought indeed!

See now, when you said that a very scary thought exploded in my brain.

What if this is the last Champions League game for the next few years?

Tonight will be bad but just think how depressing the Fiorentina game is going to be. We usually go into those games more interested in who else is going to qualify from the other groups. Instead, we'll be playing a meaningless game knowing we're going out at the end of it. Ah well, at least there's the Europa Leauge...

*slits wrists*

The French have a thing or two to prove tonight after that Henry handball.

Maybe......

Lyon is owned by a guy who's been around the block more than once. There is no chance in hell they will be bothered tonight, expect an easy 3-0 win for Fiorentina.

Henry's handball has nothing to do with anything. If anyone questions anything after the game, Platini will just shrug his shoulders, smile slyly and throw a nice Christmas party to the staff at UEFA HQ (with of course Aulas as specially invited guest).

I'll be surprised if we're still in this competition by the end of the night. We'll beat Debrecen comfortably, but Fiorentina will also beat Lyon in my view. They've got far more to play for than the French side, are playing at home and are also better than them. Europa here we come. I just hope we play well, score plenty of goals and begin the process of getting this massive fucking monkey off our backs ready for the far more important league campaign ahead.