You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Debrecen Away 24/11/2009

Xherdan

I'll be surprised if we're still in this competition by the end of the night. We'll beat Debrecen comfortably, but Fiorentina will also beat Lyon in my view. They've got far more to play for than the French side, are playing at home and are also better than them. Europa here we come. I just hope we play well, score plenty of goals and begin the process of getting this massive fucking monkey off our backs ready for the far more important league campaign ahead.

Yes, let's get back to what really matters, WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT........ securing at least fourth place in the Premiership!

WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiorentina are without Jovetic and Mutu tonight. Hopefully we win and Lyon manage at least a draw and that will set us up for an amazing night when Fiorentina visit Anfield.

i was just going to ask what injuries/suspensions they have. thats actually good news, they are definitely two of their most dangerous players

See now, when you said that a very scary thought exploded in my brain.

What if this is the last Champions League game for the next few years?

Shit the fucking bed, I did not think about this. I am proper shitting myself now!!!!

I think we will do the biz as we always do when the backs against the wall, but I am hoping Lyon can too. Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!

Fucking Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!Shit!!!!

Shit Fuck! I really hope this isnt true!!!

Infact I ask everyone on this forum to neg the fuck out of him if this happens. if we dont give him some rep!

I'd be very surprised if Lyon go out to win the game. Can't see how they'll be motivated when they know they've got Debrecen in the last game.

Not suggesting they are gonna roll over, but lets be honest, I can't see them giving 100%.

If we go out tonight, it's because we've been absolutely fucking diabolical so far.

Would love a showdown with Fiorentina in the last game and lets hope we get it.

Fiorentina are also missing their centre back Gamberini, which is a massive blow for them, as him and Danielli are the first choice pairing.

I'm confident Lyon can get at least a draw.

I reckon we'll win aswell. Just hope we still have a chance of qualifying going in to the last game against Fiorentina.

Hopefully Johnson is able to play as he will make a big difference on the right and due to Aurelio and Yossi both making an appearance it wouldn't surprise me to see them replace Insua and obviously Babel.

Hoping that Agger is able to play as Skrtel is a liability at the moment so it would be great to see Agger and Carra in the centre.

I also hope Aquilani is on from the start but i doubt it so no doubt Lucas and Mascherano again.

Hopefully Johnson is able to play as he will make a big difference on the right and due to Aurelio and Yossi both making an appearance it wouldn't surprise me to see them replace Insua and obviously Babel.

Hoping that Agger is able to play as Skrtel is a liability at the moment so it would be great to see Agger and Carra in the centre.

I also hope Aquilani is on from the start but i doubt it so no doubt Lucas and Mascherano again.

Your post says it all about our predicament, hope,hope and hope.

I actually hope for the same things as you, Johnson is a big player for us.We miss that extra attacking dimension he gives, Skrtel spent his summer watching Titus Bramble dvd's.

Lets fuck the hope and believe it's still on for us.Stranger things have happened than Lyon drawing with Fiorentina and if anyone can get out of a situation like this it's us.

Yossi said in an interview with the Echo that he doesn't have the fitness to play a full game yet, so I'd expect Aurelio to spend at least some time at LM.

Guest Dog Chaser

If we win tonight and Lyon get a result, what a fucking game it will be at Anfield against Fiorentina, those Italians will be waving their white flags after 20 minutes.

Fiorentina are without Jovetic and Mutu tonight. Hopefully we win and Lyon manage at least a draw and that will set us up for an amazing night when Fiorentina visit Anfield.

It'd be good to have a night like that at Anfield in a couple of weeks time: a night where we need a win and a win by a specific margin a la Olympiakos '04. Could really galvanize us.

Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson start for Liverpool in Debrecen this evening - listen live from 7.15pm GMT.

The pair suffered injury woes at the weekend but are in the starting XI along with fit again Fabio Aurelio.

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Insua, Mascherano, Lucas, Aurelio, Kuyt, Gerrard, Ngog. Subs: Cavalieri, Spearing, Dossena, Aquilani, Benayoun, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel.