You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

yob culture

elvis

Crime czar Louise Casey blames Gordon Brown for growth of yob culture - Times Online

Me and Priscilla are considering moving back across the water to England next year , but articles like this really make me wonder. These horrible twats such be exterminated on sight, along with their "parents", and bountys should be put on their heads like the wild west.

Failing that, bring the army back from the middle east and let a dozen or so patrol the streets picking up the vermin and kicking the shit out of them. Dont bring any yanks in though as your average joe walking down the street would be in mortal danger.

Sorted.

The problems are directly attributable to decades of government policies that stress the rights of the individual without enforcing their responsibilities. This is allied to an educational system that isn't allowed to succeed because that would mean that those at the bottom get left out, and a social system that subsidises the breeding of undesirable people. Further, the gradual erosion of punitive measures as gaol sentences are replaced by fines and community service means that there is no reason to fear being caught out in bad behaviour. All of this is entirely predictable and won't be corrected until we have some national leadership with the balls to attack these failings instead of the powder-puffs that we have these days, who regard securing the votes of these undesirables as more important than reigning in their anti-social behaviour.

WHAT HE SAID!

At the end of the day, if the possible cost of getting caught no longer outweighs the possible gains of commiting a crime, scumbag behaviour will spiral out of control.

If I think that, by stealing a car, I stand to make two grand - but if I'm caught - stand to get a three month suspended sentence - then more often than not I'm going to steal the fucking car.

Punitive measures may not work for some crimes, you're not going to stop a murder or a bank job by slapping an extra ten years onto a sentence, but you will contain the feral behaviour of the knobheads by punishing them hard and early.

If you say "right, touch a paramedic or a fireman, it's a mandatory five years in jail" do you think it would happen again? I'd wager a year's wages not.

Robert Peel had it right, gather a group of big men together and give them sticks. When someone steps out of line, hit them with said big sticks and lock them up.

There's no science to this shit here

I do blame Labour. Creating a generation of welfare addicted, uneducated, council-estate dwelling miscreants who don't fear the law and only ever have to face the laughable 'ASBO'. Fuck off with that shit. Thankfully, Labour is going to be fucked off at the next election. Although I doubt any party can fix the shit Labour has left them with...

I do blame Labour. Creating a generation of welfare addicted, uneducated, council-estate dwelling miscreants who don't fear the law and only ever have to face the laughable 'ASBO'. Fuck off with that shit. Thankfully, Labour is going to be fucked off at the next election. Although I doubt any party can fix the shit Labour has left them with...

Ah right, so scumbags were only invented in 1997 then?

You obviously weren't around in the 80s then

During work today we were in Breckfield, and some little cunts in a stolen car flew past my mate at a good 60 mile an hour as he stood in a residential road.

Next thing I'm about to get in to the wagon and the same fucking car flew past again, it literally skimmed my side, and scared the shit out of me. Fucking parasites.

I seen this on your Facebook Melons. So I typed this out for you

Nature vs nuture, a debate that has plagued academics, politicians and social commentators for years. Some people are born mongs, other turn into them gradually. Some people turn out alright.

yeah, i need more then that, and the fact mongy doesn't own a beret. I don't know what i need, but trying to get 2000 words out of that is going to be hard going, even for a woman that bull shits her way through most things.

I've been for a run this evening with Briefs. It's quite a decent neighbourhood we live in and we run on some playing fields just down the road. This evening we were treated to a crowd of utter pondlife who were taking turns to run a battered motorbike round the field we were running on. What's the worst that would happen to those cunts? Seriously, you could run a short-term cull of scum like this and the net outcome would be that we spend slightly less on benefits. I don't see how the country would lose anything.

Ok, maybe not a cull but I like the idea of the Peelers or short-term, hard line, sporadic military patrols of problem areas.

I've been for a run this evening with Briefs. It's quite a decent neighbourhood we live in and we run on some playing fields just down the road. This evening we were treated to a crowd of utter pondlife who were taking turns to run a battered motorbike round the field we were running on. What's the worst that would happen to those cunts? Seriously, you could run a short-term cull of scum like this and the net outcome would be that we spend slightly less on benefits. I don't see how the country would lose anything.

Ok, maybe not a cull but I like the idea of the Peelers or short-term, hard line, sporadic military patrols of problem areas.

That's only ever going to be a short term solution though, as it doesn't actually solve anything. It's just mopping up a leak with a towel. If you want to mend where the situation is actually broken then it's more complicated than that. Sterner punishment might well be part of that but it's only a small part of a bigger solution that tackles why these people are broken in the first place.

The annoying thing is that even if x thousands of troops werent serving in Iraq or wherever , i very much doubt they wouldever be forced to patrol the streets of the uk. I dont want to get into an arguement about the troops deployed over there ,but i would much rather see them protecting honest and decent people who are being persocuted by violent, thick scum.

Now wheres my Daily Mail ?

There is very little evidence that there is any change in the problem at all.

Every generation always thinks that the young are much worse behaved than they were: it's called getting old.

It was documented in Roman times (which also saw young men fight over which chariot racing teams they supported: where was Danny Dyer then?)

Large parts of London used to be no-go areas for the Old Bill on any Bank Holiday as they would get attacked by drunken mobs.

The 1st f****** violence ground closure was 1906.

Mods fought Rockers in Brighton in the '60's

etc

Don't fall for Daily Mail-style scare stories!

That's only ever going to be a short term solution though, as it doesn't actually solve anything. It's just mopping up a leak with a towel. If you want to mend where the situation is actually broken then it's more complicated than that. Sterner punishment might well be part of that but it's only a small part of a bigger solution that tackles why these people are broken in the first place.

Totally agree but it's a statement of intent by the authorities. Like the article said, policies have been split with the emphasis on prevention. Nuts to that, look where that's got us.

The annoying thing is that even if x thousands of troops werent serving in Iraq or wherever , i very much doubt they wouldever be forced to patrol the streets of the uk. I dont want to get into an arguement about the troops deployed over there ,but i would much rather see them protecting honest and decent people who are being persocuted by violent, thick scum.

Now wheres my Daily Mail ?

Steady on Mr Presley, I may have to rep you for the second time in my time here.

There is very little evidence that there is any change in the problem at all.

Every generation always thinks that the young are much worse behaved than they were: it's called getting old.

It was documented in Roman times (which also saw young men fight over which chariot racing teams they supported: where was Danny Dyer then?)

Large parts of London used to be no-go areas for the Old Bill on any Bank Holiday as they would get attacked by drunken mobs.

The 1st f****** violence ground closure was 1906.

Mods fought Rockers in Brighton in the '60's

etc

Don't fall for Daily Mail-style scare stories!

For a start, it's the Times. Secondly it's the government's own crime "czar" who admits they've fucked up, thirdly are you telling me there's ever been the numbers of ferral wasters and yobbos that we're witnessing today? Not a chance.

Totally agree but it's a statement of intent by the authorities. Like the article said, policies have been split with the emphasis on prevention. Nuts to that, look where that's got us.

Steady on Mr Presley, I may have to rep you for the second time in my time here.

For a start, it's the Times. Secondly it's the government's own crime "czar" who admits they've fucked up, thirdly are you telling me there's ever been the numbers of ferral wasters and yobbos that we're witnessing today? Not a chance.

The only problem with blaming labour for the ferral youth of today , is that they were most probably born to parents who grew up in the tory/thatcher years . Im not saying this government couldnt be doing more but like stu monty said , you have to look at the reason for them being broken in the first place.

The only problem with blaming labour for the ferral youth of today , is that they were most probably born to parents who grew up in the tory/thatcher years . Im not saying this government couldnt be doing more but like stu monty said , you have to look at the reason for them being broken in the first place.

Aye, but that's the blame game. I thought we were playing for a solution.