You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

My Mrs thinks that every woman I talk to is a massive Slag who will instantly fancy me.

She asked me who some woman was that i spoke at our sons play yesterday and how come I know her. Only because she happens to be attractive. She then asked me who she was, whether she was single and why I am friends with her on Facebook.

Her boyfriend is loaded and spends tons of cash on her but obviously she would sack him off instantly for someone with no money and 2 kids who she barely knows.

• Upvote 3

It's only men that ever get talked about getting/staying at home 'to look after the kids'. Or our favourite 'babysit'. Women just 'go home'.

Am I right or am I wrang?

I've offered to take three years off work and let her earn the money because I'm nice like that. She said no, she wants to quit work and I don't get a choice. Therefore, she will be the primary caregiver

My Mrs thinks that every woman I talk to is a massive Slag who will instantly fancy me.

She asked me who some woman was that i spoke at our sons play yesterday and how come I know her. Only because she happens to be attractive. She then asked me who she was, whether she was single and why I am friends with her on Facebook.

Her boyfriend is loaded and spends tons of cash on her but obviously she would sack him off instantly for someone with no money and 2 kids who she barely knows.

Yeah, you were better off claiming to know fuck all about her.

I've offered to take three years off work and let her earn the money because I'm nice like that. She said no, she wants to quit work and I don't get a choice. Therefore, she will be the primary caregiver

Leave me out of it!

My missus is doing my fucking head in, went for my work Christmas meal yesterday, got half cut but was home for tea and put the bairn to bed while she went to visit our new nephew in the hospital. I got it tight all night and she's still whinging this morning, I've just told her to fuck off.

The only thing stopping me going to the pub is the fact it's our Son's first birthday today, lovely atmosphere for him now too.

Why are they all nagging, moany faced bastards?

Come and meet me, I'm in the Railway

rose hill. Or the dog house as it's now known. First beers on me.

• Upvote 1

It infuriates me when it is called babysitting when a dad looks after his kids. Only ever heard of women referring to it as that

The general assumption is that we're hopeless, comic figures only good for pulling funny faces and panicking when there's a poo to be dealt with. Hence only being fit to "babysit" not parent.  

Another is

"Oh did mum do her hair today?"

"I bet your wife dressed her today!"

No you patronising tart I'm the authority on the double-pony-tail in my house and know how to make Toddle-D look adorable by matching my colours. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry but you started it.

Both males and females do 'shifts' with the little ones.

It's only the women that ever complain when they have to continue doing their fair share and go back to work that kick up a stink.

I never ever thought of it as doing 'a shift' as you describe it

Parenting should be a partnership and that does not necessarily mean each does half of everything. Playing to your strengths without undermining the other would seem to be a pretty go way to go

The general assumption is that we're hopeless, comic figures only good for pulling funny faces and panicking when there's a poo to be dealt with. Hence only being fit to "babysit" not parent.

Another is

"Oh did mum do her hair today?"

"I bet your wife dressed her today!"

No you patronising tart I'm the authority on the double-pony-tail in my house and know how to make Toddle-D look adorable by matching my colours.

The man is also questioned in the shop if he chooses to buy his wife some flowers.

"Oh, what are you in trouble for?". Fuck all you scrotum faced old hag. Complete my transaction and shut your fucking mouth.

• Upvote 4

Parenting should be a partnership and that does not necessarily mean each does half of everything. Playing to your strengths without undermining the other would seem to be a pretty go way to go

What did you call it when you had a lie in and Mr Champ did the early 'shift'?

Who ever denied being a parent was a fucking hard job?

Cash broke

No life &

Sleep deprived

Regardless of if mummy can sing 4 little monkeys better than daddy some days its tough shit. 

daddy is doing the early 'shift' 

What did you call it when you had a lie in and Mr Champ did the early 'shift'?

We were daft and both of us got up

You're wrong.

Massively.

Given that most of my evidence was gained from a largely female sample I see that you may all have a point on this.

And I also agree with Paulie's point about 'the sisterhood' belittling men's abilities regarding child care and domestic tasks more widely. This, its my way or the highway kind of attitude. I guess its a need to feel indispensible/control thing that drives that.

It used to drive me nuts arranging to go out with friends when our kids were young and the inevitable cry offs as junior had coughed that day or people leaving halfway through as they had called home/been called to be told that the little one hadnt settled. Or the making meals and leaving them in the freezer if they went away overnight and the endless lists.

For my own part I confess to past irritation that Mr C didnt do housework at the same time as looking after the kids when they were younger or didnt always feed them what I would have made until I accepted that his way wasnt my way and getting annoyed about it wasnt going to change anything and actually, had they come to any harm.

Who ever denied being a parent was a fucking hard job?

Cash broke

No life &

Sleep deprived

Regardless of if mummy can sing 4 little monkeys better than daddy some days its tough shit. 

daddy is doing the early 'shift' 

Maybe I misunderstood you but I took from your reply that you believe, in a male/female couple, both partners should return to work on similar terms after their children are born and my point was that these things ought to be negotiable between parents and play to individual strengths where possible