You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

cestrianred

3 hours ago, DJLJ said:

Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

"From today, Chelsea cannot sell  tickets to any games. So the only people who can go to Stamford Bridge and watch a game are those who have already purchased match tickets or season tickets."

Surely Chelsea have already sold tickets for the season? We sell ours for the 2nd half of the season in about November. This will be no more than odd tickets. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

That fella with the shady eyes on SSN earlier was saying they've already paid for all their travel etc up-front until the end of the season. 

Surely the players would just cough up to keep their luxuries anyway. 

The thing with that though, I can imagine it's booked, but would they really pay up front for this type of thing? Surely for someone who spends like a football club does on travel, they get invoiced monthly in arrears like most normal businesses. 

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

With some of the bidders seemingly willing to pay 2bn, surely that just means they take the debt and buy at 500m?

1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

How are they going to manage cash flow? Their incomings from broadcast, prize money, money owed from transfers sponsorships etc are apparently going to be received but will be frozen. They still need to pay out £3.5m a week in wages, £500k per home game in costs and whatever outstanding payments they have for players. And they can’t borrow money

I think they said they were only freezing that from next season didn't they? 

Overall, I can't help but think this is all a bit of a non-story. I'm sure they'll find a way to sell the club and I'm sure it'll be done by the season end. Even this 3 sponsorship it effectively just two and a half months money, so just 8 or 9m. It's a bit of noise for now to make Johnson and his gang of cunts feel good after being cririsised for being too slow. Then when sanctions aren't headline news, they'll quietly let a sale go ahead and the proceeds will get sat on by the government. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Surely Chelsea have already sold tickets for the season? We sell ours for the 2nd half of the season in about November. This will be no more than odd tickets. 

The thing with that though, I can imagine it's booked, but would they really pay up front for this type of thing? Surely for someone who spends like a football club does on travel, they get invoiced monthly in arrears like most normal businesses. 

With some of the bidders seemingly willing to pay 2bn, surely that just means they take the debt and buy at 500m?

I think they said they were only freezing that from next season didn't they? 

Overall, I can't help but think this is all a bit of a non-story. I'm sure they'll find a way to sell the club and I'm sure it'll be done by the season end. Even this 3 sponsorship it effectively just two and a half months money, so just 8 or 9m. It's a bit of noise for now to make Johnson and his gang of cunts feel good after being cririsised for being too slow. Then when sanctions aren't headline news, they'll quietly let a sale go ahead and the proceeds will get sat on by the government. 

I think you're massively underplaying what has happened here. Three have basically said the brand is toxic, the rest surely have to follow, no proper business will jump straight into bed with them.

None of the mentioned billionaire's are buying it, they will be all be scheming to get it as cheap as possible and will gladly watch it burn so it reduces in price, regardless the Tories have probably already lined up a buyer, run it into the ground and sell it to their mates for 50 quid. 

I would say a Rangers situation is more likely than a swift sale to proper owner who will run it well.

3 hours ago, Jennings said:

The licence allows Chelsea to pay a maximum of £20,000 per game per club team for travel expenses for players and ‘essential staff’....For context, a usual Premier League away game with a flight, security, food, hotels etc would be about £30k. ...

tuchel.png

Is that the same for champions league? They'll have get a coach

• Like 1

As well as the £1.5bn Abramovich is allegedly writing off, Chelsea lose hand over fist each season. They rely heavily on players sales to mitigate loses. 

If these sanction’s are lifted by June, it likely won’t be too damaging to them. It’ll have an impact, but not disastrous. If it goes on into the summer and they can’t sell players, season tickets, new shirts etc, I assume they’ll then fall foul of FFP or administration?

4 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Is that the same for champions league? They'll have get a coach

I bet Tuchel was livid this afternoon after surfing the Ryanair website.

”£250pp return to Lille. It’s not even half term. We’ll only be in the air 30 mins”.