You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Citeh sign Adebayor

Steve Holt

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens next should determine how well they really are next season. Defence and maybe one or two more midfield? They're definitely not fucking around though, and as much as some of us call Barry, Tevez and Adebayor mercenary cunts, they'll probably help Man City a lot, and be part of the first Man City side that really is transformed into something a lot better.

Everyone went on like this when it was Chelsea and they've hardly imploded, have they?

They're starting to buy some very good players and even if they suffer a few setbacks initially, it's only a matter of time before they break into the top 4 - surely that much is obvious.

So potentially:

---------------------------Given-----------------------------

Richards---------Kompany---------Lescott-------------Bridge

-----------------De Jong-----------Barry--------------------

Tevez----------------------Ireland------------------Robinho

---------------------------Adebayor------------------------

With Santa Cruz, SWP, Bellamy etc decent options.

Still don't think they'll come top four.

They are Man City, they will always be Man City, end of.

The top order of football's elite is full, its been full for decades, its why Chelsea despite success will never be bigger than us or the Mancs.

It takes decades not some rich bloke, look at Blackburn, that lasted didnt it?

If they had a leader at the back and a top class manager, I'd be actually worried. I actually believe they'll be in the battle for fourth regardless. As long as they replace Richard fucking Dunne and keep Richards at right back, that is. Oh, and Kompany, they need to keep him fit.

I would try and make a cheeky bid for SWP now.

What's the point, he'd be back up to Kuyt.

We need someone on the left, such as Silva or Young.

What's the point, he'd be back up to Kuyt.

We need someone on the left, such as Silva or Young.

I love Dirk, but I don't think that'd be the case. There are going to be games where you need Kuyt's work and doggedness, but plenty of games where we would need the extra attacking power a player like SWP would provide. I'd agree it isn't the priority position now Johnson has signed, but if he was going on the cheap....

Why can't he compete for a place with Kuyt? Why would he automatically have to be back up. I like Dirk but his place shouldn't be indispensable.

We already have a top back up in Benayoun.

We need other areas addressing such as the left or back up striker before we look to improve areas we are already strong.

Its amazing, last summer they didn't want to accept 30mil for him cos he was so good, this year they couldn't wait to see him fucked off. Now they have one striker who isn't constantly injured in Bendtner. He just happens to be THE shittest striker in the league. Are they mental??

We already have a top back up in Benayoun.

We need other areas addressing such as the left or back up striker before we look to improve areas we are already strong.

I hate the term back up. We should have players in every position who are as good as the players going out. As Scouse Missionary said SWP can give you things Dirk (God love him) can't at times. I prefer Yossi through the middle now anyway. He showed his best form there last season when Gerrard wasn't playing. Or he did well on the left as well a few times.

I hate the term back up. We should have players in every position who are as good as the players going out. As Scouse Missionary said SWP can give you things Dirk (God love him) can't at times. I prefer Yossi through the middle now anyway. He showed his best form there last season when Gerrard wasn't playing. Or he did well on the left as well a few times.

OK competition / back up... whatever.

We have two very good options in Kuyt and Benayoun for the right.

We don't on the left and we don't upfront.

If we had loads of funds - yes get SWP. But we don't.