You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roddick should be a good test for Murray but I fancy Murray to go through. I'll never bet against Federer so it's a Federer v Murray final for me.

As for the women's semis, anything but another Williams brothers final will do me, although I'm certain that's what we're going to get.

Its weird whenever there is a sporting thread on the GF, Woo always posts like a commentator.

I can see Murray doing what Henman did best and bottle a Wimbledon semi. I think maybe getting to the US open last year may help Murray on Friday.

Murray isn't a bottler.

Its one of the reasons the great British public hate him.

Bingo.

Although Roddick is going to be a tough test for him. Arguably the best server left in competition against arguably the best returner.

I'm not including Federer in those two comparisons - he's in a different league and it will take something truly special to beat him this year.

However, as good as Federer is (and he is sublime on a regular basis), I actually find him really fucking dull...

Its weird whenever there is a sporting thread on the GF, Woo always posts like a commentator.

I can see Murray doing what Henman did best and bottle a Wimbledon semi. I think maybe getting to the US open last year may help Murray on Friday.

Not really, I just give updates on the scores of the matches I am watching, as I'm sure there are a few who don't really follow tennis, but are curious to know what score the big matches are. I've had a few reps for it, so it must be helpful to some people.

It's only snooker and tennis as the other sports I follow bar the main one.

Not really, I just give updates on the scores of the matches I am watching, as I'm sure there are a few who don't really follow tennis, but are curious to know what score the big matches are. I've had a few reps for it, so it must be helpful to some people.

I certainly appreciated it mate.

Snooker and Tennis for me too, although I do like the Darts and im Irish so I have to follow the GAA or I could be hung for treason.

Yet again, had to put a Hewitt match on mute, due to the fucking irritating Aussie fans constantly singing shit songs. I thought I would never hear something more irritating during a sporting event than those vuvuzela horns in South Africa, but I was wrong.

Fucking annoying, smalltime, Foster's drinking bellends!

Oh, and Roddick has got his break back, and it is 5-5 in the second set.

I'm glad he's out - how he has won 2 Grand Slam events I'll never know. He's got to be the joint worst ever winner of Wimbledon (with Richard Krajicek). Agree about the annoying Aussie fans, just warming up for the Ashes.....

The snooker thread helped as I was in school and helped me catch up on the sessions.

I'm glad he's out - how he has won 2 Grand Slam events I'll never know. He's got to be the joint worst ever winner of Wimbledon (with Richard Krajicek). Agree about the annoying Aussie fans, just warming up for the Ashes.....

Yeah he was world number 1 for about 2 years, but what a shit player he was. :whatever:

As for Murray I saw some article where the writer said if Hewitt got to play Murray it would be like the Ashes of tennis, I didn't know Scottish cricketers played in the Ashes you learn something new every day.

Lets go Scotland lets go, My mums side of the family is Scottish so he's really playing for me I'm half a Wallace.

11_40_3---The-Scottish-Flag_web.jpg

Edited by Rex Banner

That Williams beast has to be the most grotesque eyesore of all time

And the umpire/referee person calling her 'miss' williams is just a joke. I watched the Lions against the Springboks last weekend and half those players were smaller than 'her'

That Williams beast has to be the most grotesque eyesore of all time

And the umpire/referee person calling her 'miss' williams is just a joke. I watched the Lions against the Springboks last weekend and half those players were smaller than 'her'

As Charles Bukowski would say, she looks like she could handle a gorilla...

As Charles Bukowski would say, she looks like she could handle a gorilla...

She? Having watched 'her' for a few years now i can honestly say i've never seen or heard anything remotely feminine from 'her'

Im sorry but she shouldn't be in a womens tennis tournament. Last time i checked - you had to be a woman to enter.

I have no problem with Woo's updates, however I'm a little curious as to why people wouldn't just nip onto BBC Sport if they want the latest scores?

Lazyness Zeb, it's god damn sheer lazyness!

Even though I hate Tennis, I'll be made up if Murray wins, pretty much for the opposite of all the reasons Chris stated!

I like the fact he's a bit narkey and shows a lot of emotion. It shows he's a winner and won't settle for glorious defeat like, for example, Tim Henman.

I like the fact he's miserable in interviews. He obviousley hates the press and won't pander to their every beck and call, like for example, Tim Henman.

I like the fact he's actually good, unlike for example, Tim Henman.

I like Murray is because he isn't that soft arse, pussy, mummy's boy, loser, Tim Henman.

However, the main reason I like Murray is makes more of being Scottish than being British. Coming from a family of Scots, they are always banging on about how when a Scottish Athlete is winning they're British and when they losing, they go back to being Scottish. I'm sure the Welsh & Irish feel the same. Good on him.

I wouldn't pander to the yuppy, upper class toffs who pollute Centre Court & Murray Mound every year, applauding like seals, waving their Union Jacks round like retards, talking about tennis like experts on the game when really for 55 weeks of the year they watch less than me, either.

In fact, I'd love it if he beat Federer on Sunday, whipped out a Scotland flag and told all the twats there to 'Fuck Off' before launching into a rendition of Flower Of Scotland.

Go Murray!

They all are really. But at least Federer makes up for it with the beautiful way in which he plays the game. Be lucky to get another like him in our lifetimes.

Yeah but have you seen what he wears to court these days? He's a pretentious cunt. Possibly the finest tennis player of all time but he's a poncy twat.