You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skidfingers spot on in two posts there.

As for your point on Rafa dragging him out there it crossed my mind the other day in the shower, I wouldnt put it past him making him go to force the issue even more.

You think about Rafa when you're in the shower?

Skidfingers spot on in two posts there.

As for your point on Rafa dragging him out there it crossed my mind the other day in the shower, I wouldnt put it past him making him go to force the issue even more.

hahaha beat me to it Byrnie. I know Rafa is like a God to many on here but thinking of him in the shower is a new one on me Mick. Is there any lengths people won't go to to show Rafa how much they love him.

I shouldn't have mentioned length, Rafa and shower in the same sentence really should I....

hahaha beat me to it Byrnie. I know Rafa is like a God to many on here but thinking of him in the shower is a new one on me Mick. Is there any lengths people won't go to to show Rafa how much they love him.

I shouldn't have mentioned length, Rafa and shower in the same sentence really should I....

:whistle:

Lengths in the shower, eh?

What else I'm going to think about when I'm washing my arse?

Liverpool are all I ever think about, bog, shower, going to sleep!

I do love him, but i'm with you John, if I think he's doing something wrong i call him on it whether people like it or not.

Ah, there you go again with the Rafa praise.

Xabi is off; Rafa told us in the second half tonight....

..... San Jose was wearing no 14 !

1. It doesn't matter a fuck who was wearing what number. Do you think El Zhar will be number 7 when the season starts?

2. I read in the paper that he'd be sold by the weekend and wouldn't even be in vienna. He was clearly in Vienna tonight.

3. if he goes to Thailand, hopefully that means he'll stay.

4. he must have seen that banner tonight begging him to stay.

Red Nick. Do you recall a couple of weeks ago I posted that LFC never made a bid for Barry this year. Brendan cackled that I was a sophist. You followed with a big "SPIN" cartoon, and a foto of the Iraq Minister of Information?

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Daily Express | Sport | Football

MARTIN O’NEILL answered Rafa Benitez’s criticism of Gareth Barry by saying Liverpool were complacent about signing him and never made a bid before the player went to Manchester City. ..................All I will say is that I said to Barry’s agent for us not to have the same debacle as last year, that they were perfectly at liberty to speak, I assumed to the top four teams. Liverpool were aware of the price we were asking if that was the case.

“Liverpool did not contact us directly at all in this matter and never offered any money for him.

..and to further confound the soothsaters...

Gerrard Out Of Trip

Writer: TOR CHITTINAND Bangkok Post

Published: 20/07/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: SportsStar

Liverpool player Steven Gerrard will not play in the Reds' friendly match against Thailand on Wednesday evening.

Steven Gerrard

Gerrard has remained in England to fight an affray charge at Liverpool Crown Court, with the rest of the squad due to arrive in Bangkok this afternoon.

Xabi Alonso will feature and he will take part in a promotional event in front of CentralWorld tomorrow along with Dirk Kuyt and Albert Riera.

There will also be a football clinic at Chulalongkorn stadium for 100 junior players. Both events take place at 1pm.

..and to further confound the soothsaters...

Gerrard Out Of Trip

Writer: TOR CHITTINAND Bangkok Post

Published: 20/07/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: SportsStar

Liverpool player Steven Gerrard will not play in the Reds' friendly match against Thailand on Wednesday evening.

Steven Gerrard

Gerrard has remained in England to fight an affray charge at Liverpool Crown Court, with the rest of the squad due to arrive in Bangkok this afternoon.

Xabi Alonso will feature and he will take part in a promotional event in front of CentralWorld tomorrow along with Dirk Kuyt and Albert Riera.

There will also be a football clinic at Chulalongkorn stadium for 100 junior players. Both events take place at 1pm.

Smokescreen. He's signing for Everton.

Rafael BenÃ*tez can't complain about Gareth Barry, says Martin O'Neill | Football | The Guardian

Rafael Benítez can't complain about Gareth Barry, says Martin O'Neill

• Liverpool 'took signing for granted'

• O'Neill will resist bid for Ashley Young

Stuart James

The Guardian, Monday 20 July 2009

Article history

Gareth-Barry-001.jpg

Gareth Barry talks to the media during a Manchester City press conference in Abu Dhabi. Photograph: Andrew Parsons/AP

Martin O'Neill believes that Rafael Benítez can have no complaints over Gareth Barry's decision to move to Manchester City rather than Anfield because, according to the Aston Villa manager, Liverpool never made an inquiry for the England player at the end of last season despite being aware of the £12m asking price.

Benítez remains furious with Barry for opting to join City last month, with the Liverpool manager claiming that the wages on offer in Manchester – the 28-year-old is understood to be earning around £130,000-a-week – were the sole motivation for his decision. O'Neill, however, has revealed Liverpool failed to submit an offer and, though "surprised" at Barry's choice of club, suggested that Benítez had taken the signing of the midfielder for granted.

"I had said to Gareth's agent before that we were not going to have the same debacle as last year and that they were perfectly at liberty to speak to, I assumed, the top four teams," said O'Neill. "Liverpool were aware of the price that we were asking if that was the case. Liverpool did not contact us directly at all in this matter and never offered any money for him so you get the impression that, eventually, it was a straight choice.

"I'm not protecting anybody here," continued the Villa manager. "I was a bit surprised that Gareth mentioned about the Champions League [before] going [to City] – that's people's prerogative. But Liverpool had not put a bid in and we hadn't heard anything from them. There was an agent working supposedly on their behalf but no offer had been forthcoming and Gareth left. If he wanted to leave, that was up to him. Where he went to was obviously a bit of a surprise."

Asked whether he thought Liverpool took it for granted that Barry was going to move to Anfield, O'Neill replied: "They may well have done." Liverpool are also believed to be interested in signing Ashley Young but O'Neill will strongly resist any approach for the England player. Benítez is reported to be preparing a £20m offer for the 24-year-old but Villa's valuation is £10m higher and even then the Midlands club would be reluctant to part with their most valuable asset.

O'Neill, who watched an under-strength Villa side defeat Peterborough 3-0 on Saturday, is hopeful that he can add to the squad before Villa get their preparations for the Peace Cup under way with their first training session in Spain on Thursday. O'Neill, whose only signing hitherto is Stewart Downing from Middlesbrough, is continuing to pursue Sylvain Distin, though a fee has yet to be agreed with Portsmouth. His other priority is to fill the sizeable hole left by Barry's departure.

"We are looking for immediate replacements for the likes of Martin Laursen and Gareth and we're pressing on with that," he added. "We have inquired about quite a number of people and, of the ones that we would like in, I couldn't tell you that we would have anybody in by Thursday. It would be fantastic to have somebody by Thursday, but if not, it doesn't mean that I can't travel back and sort things out. In an ideal world I would like people in at least fortnight before the Premiership. But a week in advance would be no major problem."

edit: just seen the post above, wonder how the idiots on here will try and spin this.

Sky Sports | Football | News | Alonso admits Real desire

Alonso admits Real desire

But midfielder won't ask for transfer

Liverpool star Xabi Alonso has admitted he is flattered to be linked with a move to Real Madrid.

Big-spending Real have been courting Alonso all summer as they look to rebuild their squad after a disappointing campaign last term.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Karim Benzema have already arrived at the Santiago Bernabeu this summer and Alonso is the next player in Real president Florentino Perez's sights.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is loath to lose Alonso as he looks to keep hold of his best players for another assault on the Premier League title this season.

Real are believed to be unwilling to meet Liverpool's current valuation of Alonso, but they are refusing to give up their pursuit of the midfield playmaker as they look to create a new team of Galacticos.

Alonso admits he would be interested in joining Perez's revolution, but insists he will not try and force the issue by asking for a transfer.

"It's always a great feeling when Madrid want you, especially considering the phase of the career I am in now," Alonso told AS.

"But at this point, as I have always said, whether or not that can happen is not up to me. It's a matter that involves three parties, including myself.

"I do not like to force the issue. I prefer to talk.

"Madrid's project is certainly impressive. But beyond that, I can't tell you anything else."

Alonso revealed he will hold talks with Benitez over his future during Liverpool's pre-season training camp in Austria.

"I will talk to him, sure, but the first thing to do when I arrive [in Austria] is to greet him," he commented.

"But I imagine that in the next few days, there will be time for all that, even though in reality, there's nothing in particular to talk to Rafa about. It's the clubs who have to negotiate to reach an agreement."

Asked why Liverpool had rejected Real's initial overtures, Alonso said: "I am not the man who can answer these questions.

"The truth is that I cannot say much, because every little thing can be misinterpreted. And I do not know how things will turn out either because I am not a fortune teller."

Well he certainly wants out. The question is, how much? If he is not putting in a transfer request then that is only for two reasons. One - For the money. Two - he will not be too put out if he stays and doesn't want to totally ruin his rep with the Liverpool fans. I like to think it's the latter, although his earlier statements about how much money the new English tax laws will cost him is obviously on his mind also. So maybe it's a mix of both. Either way, this needs sorting this week so we can make our plans one way or the other.

"It's always a great feeling when Madrid want you, especially considering the phase of the career I am in now," Alonso told AS.

At least that makes it clear he just fancies playing for a major Spainish team while still in his prime. As i said before, you really cant begrudge him that. Well done to Rafa for trying to squeeze as much money out of them as possible. They cant sling money round like they have been doing and expect to get a class act like Xabi on the cheap.

'Kinell John, is that what the Rafa hate mob are now resorting too ? So which of your inside sources told you this ? Parry, Bascombe, ATk ?

To think I used to enjoy you posting as it added some insight, now your just being a tool.

What next, songs about him being having one ball in the albert hall ? I can't wait for next weeks NotW.