You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal have shown little heart or fight here. Still, if they do go out in such an ignominious fashion it may help us in one way, in that they may be so desperate to make amends they have a real go at United in the league game in a way in which they wouldn't had they won the CL semi final.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite mad watching The Mancs here. They have quite clearly been reading Rafa's Big Book of European Football Tactics. They are exceptionally disciplined and hard-working at the back and fast and dangerous on the break. They've even got their own Dirk Kuyt in Park. After copying the two deep-lying central midfielders tactic too, what will Ferguson steal next from the big book?

As for The Arse, this proves that, for all their pace, precise passing and general craftiness, you need to be able to mix it up too. They need some fucking grocks, don't they? These Manc players need kicking but it's all been too comfortable for them.

Robbie Savage (I know) said on the radio last night that he expected the Mancs to play Anderson, Park and Fletcher because they're all workhorses. He said that it's the Mancs European secret, they chase down so hard in midfield and it'll fluster the fuck out of Arsenal. Robbie Savage knows his stuff.

Of course one could argue that they've taken what Rafa does and made it better.

The may not have won it but they have a decent record in the CL, 1 final, a semi final and a few quarter finals. They are maybe too young and inexperienced to go the whole way.

You have to remember that we are out already too.... I don't want us to be Arsenal, I like our back bone, I just want us to play with the same freedom they do and we have done so these past 3 months... just look at our results too?

Question for everybody, not just you.

Why are people going on about our recent results?

We beat a very poor RM side.

Otherwise we have played top teams 4 times.

We won once in a game that was probably bent, we had our worst result in Rafa's 5 years here at home to the Chavs in the QF, we performed valiantly in the 2nd leg but were never really in it & then we failed to win at home against a side with no backbone who didnt want the result.

The performances may be more exciting but the results have been below average.

One year more trophyless than us. 2005. We last won something in 2006 so there isn't much difference really and our fans in the main are right behind Rafa aren't they.

Aye, who cares how long Arsenal have or haven't won any trophies, we haven't for a year less.

Guest TK-421
Anyone else think that Jens Lehmann's accent is fucking boss?

Everything about Jens is boss. Favourite Arsenal player ever.

We won once in a game that was probably bent, we had our worst result in Rafa's 5 years here at home to the Chavs in the QF, we performed valiantly in the 2nd leg but were never really in it & then we failed to win at home against a side with no backbone who didnt want the result.

Your argument becomes void when you excuse one result as 'probably bent'.

Oh do fuck off. Thanks.

Arsenal have been fucking shite, no heart whatsoever. I can't imagine us lying down the way Arsenal are. At their home ground! Shambolic.

Unlucky with the 2nd goal mind. Fucking dive from that ladyboy cunt and he bangs it in. And the greasy little fairy has been getting free kicks for every fucking dive so far. Just perfect for the mancs. Shit ref, shit opponents, an easy route to the final again.

Couple of observations about The Ponce's goal: 1) Almunia's on the fucking take, and 2) I could quite happily wrap a cricket bat round his vain, arrogant fucking mush. What an utter fucking ring-piece.

Couple of observations about The Ponce's goal: 1) Almunia's on the fucking take, and 2) I could quite happily wrap a cricket bat round his vain, arrogant fucking mush. What an utter fucking ring-piece.

Almunia for England!

© Arsene Wenger.

Arsenal have shown little heart or fight here. Still, if they do go out in such an ignominious fashion it may help us in one way, in that they may be so desperate to make amends they have a real go at United in the league game in a way in which they wouldn't had they won the CL semi final.

I must say, that did cross my mind, although I did think I was somewhat clutching at straws to find a silver lining with that one.

What a pathetic attempt by Arsenal, Wenger is not this genius people think he is, for the last 5 years his teams have been poor with no heart, this will be 4 years potless for them how he gets away with it God only knows, they only qualified for CL for next season due to the shit below them, if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be embarrased by this attempt.

Robbie Savage (I know) said on the radio last night that he expected the Mancs to play Anderson, Park and Fletcher because they're all workhorses. He said that it's the Mancs European secret, they chase down so hard in midfield and it'll fluster the fuck out of Arsenal. Robbie Savage knows his stuff.

Of course one could argue that they've taken what Rafa does and made it better.

the tactic is just to play the work horses and let Ronaldo and Rooney do whatever they want, which is usually shoot on sight

so many teams allow them to do that as well, it's so simple. watch Rooney just run at a player, cut inside. they always let him carry it and Ronaldo always seems to be allowed to have time and space to shoot, even when he's shaping to shoot. it's so obvious what he's going to do and very annoying that a lot of teams are so naive