You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ever Been Told You Look Like Someone Famous ?

The Celtic Way

One of my friends clicked on the link to find out who she looks like. Her profile photo is of a groomed dog because she runs a dog grooming business. It told her she looks like Rihanna! She looks nothing like the dog OR Rihanna.

Same thing happened to one of my friends on FB. She has a dog photo as the profile picture too...someone must have it in for Rihanna. Whereas I'd like to have it in Rihanna.

Richard Ashcroft mainly, but I've also had Liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher, Supergrass (presumably the singer & not the whole band), Ian Brown, Mick Avory (The Kinks' drummer), Cozy Powell & Sidney Poitier.

Someone off here (was it cloggypop?) said I look like Edgar Jones from The Stairs, which is probably closer than all of the above but it just shows you that if you have longish hair then people just think you look like other people with longish hair. I would also point out that I look fuck all like that granite faced Wigan cunt, Ashcroft.

Joshua Jackson, James McCoy, Gerard Butler (no really) and Toadfish from neighbours. 

I look like an absolute cunt so I assume these 4 aren't liked very much. 

Only Rapey calls me toadfish but thats because he knows that I know that he is a fat ugly bastard. 

A number of unrelated people - mostly women I would like to or have put my gutstick in - have now said Al Pacino in Serpico.  I'll take that.

Several others have said Justin Lee Collins.  To be honest, less keen on this.

And Barry Gibb.  And Jonathan Greening.  And Russell Brand.  And Peter Sutcliffe.  And a young Rolf Harris.  Etc - this list is by no means exhaustive.

It really seems to arbitrarily depend on my hair length at the time, and whether they're a friend and therefore a massive, gaping vagina, or not.

A number of unrelated people - mostly women I would like to or have put my gutstick in - have now said Al Pacino in Serpico.  I'll take that.

Several others have said Justin Lee Collins.  To be honest, less keen on this.

And Barry Gibb.  And Jonathan Greening.  And Russell Brand.  And Peter Sutcliffe.  And a young Rolf Harris.  Etc - this list is by no means exhaustive.

It really seems to arbitrarily depend on my hair length at the time, and whether they're a friend and therefore a massive, gaping vagina, or not.

I've met you and can testify to the fact that Barry Gibb looks just like you. 

Joshua Jackson, James McCoy, Gerard Butler (no really) and Toadfish from neighbours.

I look like an absolute cunt so I assume these 4 aren't liked very much.

Only Rapey calls me toadfish but thats because he knows that I know that he is a fat ugly bastard.

Bam margera without the meth.

According to Facebook, I look like Laurence Fishburne.

Don't pay attention to any of that clickbait horseshite, as your Dog\Rihanna anecdote proves the website in question just randomly assigns a usually attractive celebrity to flatter the person in question.

It's the same as those piss easy quizzes or tests they do so people can say they have an IQ of 300, getting folk to share an ego boosting "fact" that is definitely true from the Internets and thus getting loads of shares.

Don't pay attention to any of that clickbait horseshite, as your Dog\Rihanna anecdote proves the website in question just randomly assigns a usually attractive celebrity to flatter the person in question.

It's the same as those piss easy quizzes or tests they do so people can say they have an IQ of 300, getting folk to share an ego boosting "fact" that is definitely true from the Internets and thus getting loads of shares.

I know it was a pile of shit, I was just curious to see what name they'd come up with for me after seeing my friend get Rihanna. I could have named 100 different people and not once would I have thought of the bloke who played Ike Turner and Morpheus!

In Hong Kong, I saw a bloke that looked exactly like Dan Aykroyd in Trading Places, and he was even acting like him as well in his mannerisms and so forth. But he was chinese.

"I'll never forget the day I saw the chinese Dan Aykroyd from Trading Places". Thats what I'm going to call my album whenever I get round to recording it.

Around 1992, a mate started referring to me as David Platt - the erstwhile midfield goalscoring phenomenon of Italia 90. I looked fuck all like him and simply assumed this lad was just trying to get a rise out of me and completely ignored it and it soon passed on.

About 3 years later, whilst participating in a Sunday League footy match, I had occasion to disagree with a decision made by the guy on their side running the line:

"That was out! Put your fucking flag up, you cheating cunt!"

"Fuck off, David Platt!"

I guess my mate was right after all. Never fucking told him, though. Fuck that.

• Upvote 1