You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

Guest Super Sub

Opinions needed.....

This weekend I am going to give my normal tipple a miss and I am going to buy some Leffe Blonde. Before I buy a few bottles to stick in the fridge to chill then find out I don't like them and find my weekend ruined with a fridge full of beer I don't like I want to know what your opinion of this stuff is. I don't really want any other recommendations as I will try other beers in the many weekends to come so what do you think of this particular tipple?

Opinions needed.....

This weekend I am going to give my normal tipple a miss and I am going to buy some Leffe Blonde. Before I buy a few bottles to stick in the fridge to chill then find out I don't like them and find my weekend ruined with a fridge full of beer I don't like I want to know what your opinion of this stuff is. I don't really want any other recommendations as I will try other beers in the many weekends to come so what do you think of this particular tipple?

How have you not already drank this? It's fucking lovely. It has a lot of flavour, so the only reason I can imagine you not liking it is if you prefer blander cleaner lagers

drank six heinekens

pretty happy aboot that

I can't get my head around the fact north America considers Heineken and stuff exotic imported beer. When I went to Vegas it was really expensive yet it's about 80p can in Bargain Booze. Geography man, it's weird.

• Upvote 1

Guest Super Sub

Thanks for the heads up boys. I have a few of these little beauties in the fridge chilling waiting for me to guzzle down so they can work their Friday magic.

I was planning on buying them from Bargain Booze after seeing them advertised on their website but had to buy them from Tesco in the end. Apparently not every Bargain Booze supplies everything that is on the website but was told the one in Tuebrook does sell them. I did greatly appreciate this info but was I fuck going to yomp there from Aigburth whether or not Tesco had them!

Gotta love wethies. I know, I know local pubs etc.

But the one by me have a minimum of 8 ales on , half static half guest. The guest ales are £1.95 a pint and the likes of doombar for £2.25. The ale is always good and poured properly.

You can go out with a tenner and have a good few drinks of boss ale. Hard to argue with that.

Guest Super Sub

Taken my first few sips and so far I am very impressed. It tastes quite sweet but not overly sweet and is very palatable. It pours and gives a very good head but that goes almost immediately. After the first few sips it reminds me of my first experience with beer in the form of shandy, so I will take heed when drinking this and 'take it easy'.

Taken my first few sips and so far I am very impressed. It tastes quite sweet but not overly sweet and is very palatable. It pours and gives a very good head [\b]but that goes almost immediately. After the first few sips it reminds me of my first experience with beer in the form of shandy, so I will take heed when drinking this and 'take it easy'.

Guest Super Sub

The morning after the night before review. Never again!

The first bottle was nice as was the second but after that I started to feel a bit sick although I continued drinking. The drink is a very sweet and also very strong and by fuck do I feel like shit today. I would recommend drinking no more than 2 bottles of these because they are very very strong but the sweetness also starts to get a bit too much. Did I also mention that I feel like shit today? I only had 4 bottles!

Guest Super Sub

I did have the big bottles but I didn't drink the at the same speed as normal beer. I start about 7 and finished about 1:30 am. I had to drink some water in n between bottles because I was starting to feel sick. It is very nice for the first 2 bottles but after that the sweetness gets too much.

Gotta love wethies. I know, I know local pubs etc.

But the one by me have a minimum of 8 ales on , half static half guest. The guest ales are £1.95 a pint and the likes of doombar for £2.25. The ale is always good and poured properly.

You can go out with a tenner and have a good few drinks of boss ale. Hard to argue with that.

Bird away isn't she?