You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What was your favourite ever holiday?

RobbieOR

Hamstrungs thread got me thinking! What is your favourite ever holiday you have been on?

Mine is when I was about 11. We went to the Vendee region in France and I had a great time. We hired out a Mobile home and had one of the best holidays of my life. It was just one of those things as a kid.

So, Whats yours?

I remember we did that when I was about 6 or 7 and it was awesome.

Favourite holiday is either the lads holiday to Malia there during the summer just passed or the family holiday to Dubai in Christmas 2004.

I could have guessed that Malia would have been included on yours:telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff::telloff:

Yeah, Dubai rocked. Everytime (Except 1994, as I can't remember it) its been unreal. Real kick in the balls when you come back and see what reality is like. So easy to become self-centered and arrogant out there thanks to the friendliness of the people. The poor people are too nice and ask to be treated like shit by the rich locals to be honest. However, I'm sure if you ever go, you'll hate to leave the place. There is too much there actually. Not even a three week holiday could enable you to have enough time to view all the beath taking scenes and to all the fun activities.

However, I would reccomend putting these to the top of the activities list:

F1 track & mini karting.

Emirates Mall/Ski Dubai (About 3 times)

Emirates Golf Course (and the others)

The new water park

Dubai Mall (Has a huge fish tank with sharks in the middle of it. :yes:)

So yeah, Dubai has had so much of an affect on my life to be honest. Its a life changing holiday and I'm lucky to have been more than once.

Went to Milan with my dad. Was unbelievable. Although Inter 1-2 Juve was hard to take. But a brilliant trip.

Has anyone noticed the amount of McDonalds in Milan? Christ, one every street.

Mine is Florida in 2004. I'd never been abroad before, and I took my little brother to Orlando after our mum was killed in a road accident. Great way to take his mind off things and bond with him really. Just the two of us and a big leap in responsibility for me.

Don't think I'll ever get close to that Holiday again, whether I have kids or not, for the simple fact of what it meant at the time.

Definitely Italy last year for me.

A group of 8 of us rented a villa in Umbria, in the middle of beautiful hills, barely anything around for miles, lots of sight-seeing, lots of doing nothing, lots and lots of eating and drinking, our own pool, glorious weather. It was pretty damn ace, I can't wait to go back.

I was supposed to be going to Japan this summer (upon finishing uni before moving on) but given the current climate I can't really afford it. It's definitely my dream holiday destination.