You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drink driving

god knows

Serious message here fellow forumites. I know we would never ever do such a thing but now its Christmas do time, the 50 are waiting for you in the morning with stops on every major route into the city. Even if there's the slightest doubt in your mind that you are over, leave the motor and travel by public transport. IF IN DOUBT, DON'T. You will get done.

Aye, a serious note of caution to be fair.

Two Xmases ago, a mate went out the morning after a few in that dead week between Xmas Day and New Year's Day to the shop for cigs, milk and the paper. One in the afternoon, flip flops and shorts on, comes out of the Londis in Nethy and they called him over.."Excuse me Sir, can we borrow you for a mo"

All polite chatter and nothing to do, did the breath test, was asked what he did for a living, lived, etc, told them he'd had a couple of bottles of wine till around 1am.

Was called into the station with them and had to phone his wife from a custody cell.

Fine and 2 year ban.

He worked in Salford, drove daily and had a mortgage and child to support.

True story.

Hell.

And remember, kids.

If you're going to shoot up a bit of horse whilst driving home from your National Front coffee morning, remember to dispose of the syringe out of the window, preferably thrown into a playground for safety. You don't want to get pulled over with a load of dirty spikes in the passengers footwell. That's just asking for trouble.

DD and hit n runs are two where I often think the punishment never fits the crime - especially when there's a loss of life.

Just think about it. Think if it happened to you and yours. I got done DD years ago and it really does fuck your life up. Only just over but thats no excuse. You have to plan every trip like a military exercise and then there's the job, the house, the family.... and that's just the brass house.

Aye, a serious note of caution to be fair.

Two Xmases ago, a mate went out the morning after a few in that dead week between Xmas Day and New Year's Day to the shop for cigs, milk and the paper. One in the afternoon, flip flops and shorts on, comes out of the Londis in Nethy and they called him over.."Excuse me Sir, can we borrow you for a mo"

All polite chatter and nothing to do, did the breath test, was asked what he did for a living, lived, etc, told them he'd had a couple of bottles of wine till around 1am.

Was called into the station with them and had to phone his wife from a custody cell.

Fine and 2 year ban.

He worked in Salford, drove daily and had a mortgage and child to support.

True story.

Hell.

Should have said he walked there and left the car/van, or just not mentioned drinking. Or even not drunk.

Wear a fucking seatbelt too. My cousin had a car crash. There were 4 occupants, the 2 wearing a seatbelt were fine, the two that weren't 1 died and the other was in a seriuosly bad way. Luckily for me my cousin was one of the ones wearing his belt.

Wear a fucking seatbelt too. My cousin had a car crash. There were 4 occupants, the 2 wearing a seatbelt were fine, the two that weren't 1 died and the other was in a seriuosly bad way. Luckily for me my cousin was one of the ones wearing his belt.

Word. I can't believe the number of people who don't wear seatbelts. I wouldn't travel in a car without a seatbelt, even for a short journey, it would feel totally wrong.

I got nicked in 2002 for DD. Wasn't one of my finest moments.

The bloke rozzer turned out to be a rabid red and wouldn't shut up about Liverpool whilst he drove me to the station.

The girl rozzer was a girl i'd molested briefly who was a mate of a mate.

It was all very surreal and very shit

I got nicked in 2002 for DD. Wasn't one of my finest moments.

The bloke rozzer turned out to be a rabid red and wouldn't shut up about Liverpool whilst he drove me to the station.

The girl rozzer was a girl i'd molested briefly who was a mate of a mate.

It was all very surreal and very shit

Would you say that it was you at your very Queggiest, Matty?

A lad who was in my class at school was knocked down and killed by a drunk driver. The cnut was so drunk that he mounted the footpath and knocked the lad down. The lad was on his way to play a football match. I know is ma, da and sister reasonably well and they havent been the same people since.

People who drink and drive are sh1houses, fact!

A lad who was in my class at school was knocked down and killed by a drunk driver. The cnut was so drunk that he mounted the footpath and knocked the lad down. The lad was on his way to play a football match. I know is ma, da and sister reasonably well and they havent been the same people since.

People who drink and drive are sh1houses, fact!

People who write sh1thouses are worse though.

• 3 weeks later...