You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think we would have been a better team with Voronin than with Keane, if Voronin had got the same playing time Keane and Kuyt have got he would still be here.

He started out great then got injured and struggled a bit after that, but got better again at the end of the season, he also never really got the chances too often to play with the best players.

I would have him back in a heartbeat and with Torres out I think we miss him.

Please tell me you're joking. I'd rather we played with 10 men.

Well....he was.

Listen, I've told you before, he's great. I could blind you with facts and figures, but so far I've not invented any so we'll just have to agree that I'm right.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we would have been a better team with Voronin than with Keane, if Voronin had got the same playing time Keane and Kuyt have got he would still be here.

He started out great then got injured and struggled a bit after that, but got better again at the end of the season, he also never really got the chances too often to play with the best players.

I would have him back in a heartbeat and with Torres out I think we miss him.

Deserves reppage that as as I no clue as to whether Code is taking the piss or being serious!!

I don't think I have read anything funnier today or this week even.

Voronin was easily our best player in a few of the matches he played, Keane is quickly closing in on Voronin`s match tally from last season and even with a consistent run in the side he has not even been close to copy that, neither has he been close to copy Voronins 5 league goals in 13 starts(19 games overall), Keane has now played 11 games and got 9 starts out of our 11 league matches and scored the amount of 0 goals.

Voronin continued to score goals in pre-season while Keane who certainly did not score was excused becaus he was new to the team.

Voronin was new to the country, the culture, the league and the team last season but he still scored goals and put in MOTM performances before he got injured, so yes I would rather have Voronin in the team than a player who just seems like he cant pass the ball to his big hero Gerrard soon enough when he gets it instead of taking his own chances.

Voronin was easily our best player in a few of the matches he played, Keane is quickly closing in on Voronin`s match tally from last season and even with a consistent run in the side he has not even been close to copy that, neither has he been close to copy Voronins 5 league goals in 13 starts(19 games overall), Keane has now played 11 games and got 9 starts out of our 11 league matches and scored the amount of 0 goals.

Voronin continued to score goals in pre-season while Keane who certainly did not score was excused becaus he was new to the team.

Voronin was new to the country, the culture, the league and the team last season but he still scored goals and put in MOTM performances before he got injured, so yes I would rather have Voronin in the team than a player who just seems like he cant pass the ball to his big hero Gerrard soon enough when he gets it instead of taking his own chances.

You're surely taking the piss, right?? Voronin is a lardy, lazy good for nothing. Judge Keane at the end of the season, he'll come good.

You're surely taking the piss, right?? Voronin is a lardy, lazy good for nothing. Judge Keane at the end of the season, he'll come good.

Keane is supposed to be a better striker but I have huge doubt about him being a better second striker.

Voronin`s decision making a finishing could be questioned at times but when it came to skill he had everything going for him.

I would also change lazy with clever, there is nothing wrong with chosing your runs and not run around chasing shadows for 90 minutes.

For all of those who reckon Keane will come good, How many more games would you give him before dropping him?

Giving him a full 90 might be a start.

I cant think of anything worse than lacking in confidence and knowing score or not once 70 ticks up on the clock you are hauled off.

Keane's done it Nick, he's got nothing to prove in the premiership. You don't become shit just because you've changed the colour of your shirt.

Well the evidence indicates otherwise

I want him to come good but I dont think the team should carry him, he isnt even playing as well as Kuyt was last season when Kuyt was getting all the shit.

You are of course right his previous form indicates he is a quality player and even though I thought we paid 10m too much for him I never ever thought he would be as bad as he has been.

I can't believe no-one has quoted the " rotation enraged me" part. Thats fucking gold , for a player of his ability to say about a club as big as ours.

He's easily one of my favourite since he flashed the shhh to the kop. That was it for me. Vormaniac untill I die.