You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

34 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Saudi Arabia has publicly acknowledged its involvement in aiding the newly formed regional military coalition in defending Israel against an Iranian attack. 

The statement referenced a report by KAN News detailing Saudi Arabia's participation in the joint military defensive operation, which successfully thwarted an Iranian assault on Israel. 

Saudi Arabia's acknowledgment came in the form of a summary on its official website, citing insights from a source within the Saudi royal family.

The revelation of Saudi Arabia's assistance in defending Israel comes amidst a backdrop of escalating tensions in the region and intensified diplomatic efforts to counter Iranian aggression. 

Some are saying that's fake news. Although I'm not sure as it's difficult to tell these days. 

• Upvote 1

German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock says a number of European countries are taking another look at extending an existing EU sanctions regime against Iran that targets drone production.

Baerbock had campaigned with France and other EU partners late last year to extend the European Union sanctions regime.

“I hope that we can now finally take this step together as the EU,” said Baerbock.

54 minutes ago, Pete said:

What a mess the world is right now.  I fear for our future as a species on this big blue & green globe. 

Somehow humans have tried loads of different systems of governance and always seem to end up with the absolute worst people in charge.

24 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Somehow humans have tried loads of different systems of governance and always seem to end up with the absolute worst people in charge.

Shit floats.  
Our home is literally dying in front of us and we're all well my god is better than your god or that land actually belongs to us so fuck you, we're going to murder loads of your people so we can prove it.   Times life this I'm glad I don't have kids.  What type of world are we leaving them?  

Is this the world we created indeed. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Shit floats.  
Our home is literally dying in front of us and we're all well my god is better than your god or that land actually belongs to us so fuck you, we're going to murder loads of your people so we can prove it.   Times life this I'm glad I don't have kids.  What type of world are we leaving them?  

Is this the world we created indeed. 

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose…

Look back in any paper since they were created and it was ever thus.

Always a war, always a famine, always a storm and always a drought. 

We were as outraged by the last one as we are by this one, we’ve just suppressed it to allow us to psychologically continue to continue to drag our sorry arses out of bed everyday to make a small group wealthy and get our day of leisure from the toil.

Life is suffering, always has been, always will be.

Happy Friday!