You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, TheSire said:

I don't think he's legitimising it as such, I read it as more a matter of fact analysing of how Israel may think when making decisions. Ps I think the author in your post has written some really good books on the topic.

Zionist decision making has revolved around territory expansion and ethnic cleansing since the start of the Zionist movement.

Ilan Pappe is an excellent Israeli historian. I recommend his books for anyone interested in the truth.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

There may be a slight misunderstanding of terms here, being primarily interested in your own safety does not preclude you from being a major cunt.

Israel is not an exporter of ideology, it has three main goals, it's own safety in a hostile geopolitical environment, winning and maintaining alliances with the most powerful nations and stabilizing and when possible expanding its own territory (as long it can maintain its reason d'etre, retaining a character of Jewish state).

Israel's position has so far been it must be feared to survive, it must retaliate in such a way that no one dares attack it again or conduct preemptive actions so it can avoid retaliation.

These are the basics. Now, is this the best approach, are their other strategies to be pursued, that is another discussion. 

I would reject the idea that "Israel" has a position. Their current far right government has one position, a less mentally ill government would have a different one.

I guess I'm crediting the country with not entirely being represented by the current war criminals in charge. The protests would suggest as much, as would the make up of the Knesset.

39 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I would reject the idea that "Israel" has a position. Their current far right government has one position, a less mentally ill government would have a different one.

I guess I'm crediting the country with not entirely being represented by the current war criminals in charge. The protests would suggest as much, as would the make up of the Knesset.

What do you think the fundamental change would be?

3 hours ago, TheSire said:

I don't get what was wrong about his post? 

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Aye, of all his posts to quote.

He's posted loads of vile shit. I was pissed late last night and I read his post calling the UK and US cunts for shooting down missiles headed for Israel. The bloke is a blatant and virulent anti semite. He's a cunt. 

12 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

He, and you for that matter, can take his whataboutery bullshit, spouted from his mummy's spare room and shove it up his arse. There's horrible shit going on all over the place and that little wanker makes comments like that? I'd break his fucking nose given half a chance. 

Proper wombat you are Lurtz

• Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'm sure there is a reason why we are rushing to the 'defence' of a country,which only, just over a week ago,murdered British aid workers?

I’d love someone to admit it 

Expensive Saturday night that. Especially when you haven't even left the house. 

Yanks being yanks. 

I'd have thought the coppers in Los Angeles would be out celebrating the death of their old foe  Speaking of OJ, he had a few flaws but the worlds definitely taken a downward turn since his passing. 

3 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I'm sure there is a reason why we are rushing to the 'defence' of a country,which only, just over a week ago,murdered British aid workers?

Cause they've got over 200 nuclear warheads and we don't want them to use them?

That isn't the reason though cause that might just be sensible. We do it because Britain is committed to supporting Israel, however homicidal they might become, and we always will while there is a right wing government in this country - and Israel knows it.

Just so I'm clear. Israel can bomb Gaza without retribution, they can they can then attack Iranians in Syria. 

But when Iran then retaliate, the Iranians are in the wrong? 

Israel are like that kid at a water fight that has 50 water balloons, but then shouts that their mam won't allow them to get wet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, M_B said:

Cause they've got over 200 nuclear warheads and we don't want them to use them?

That isn't the reason though cause that might just be sensible. We do it because Britain is committed to supporting Israel, however homicidal they might become, and we always will while there is a right wing government in this country - and Israel knows it.

Do you think they would use them?

16 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Just so I'm clear. Israel can bomb Gaza without retribution, they can they can then attack Iranians in Syria. 

But when Iran then retaliate, the Iranians are in the wrong? 

Israel are like that kid at a water fight that has 50 water balloons, but then shouts that their mam won't allow them to get wet. 

(I’m going to regret this)

Do you think Israel has not faced any attacks since 7th October?

33 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

(I’m going to regret this)

Do you think Israel has not faced any attacks since 7th October?

Hasnt Israel been shelling Jordan?

Just to be clear there are no 'good guys here' yet apparently our government doesn't agree.

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Hasnt Israel been shelling Jordan?

Just to be clear there are no 'good guys here' yet apparently our government doesn't agree.

Oh it’s awful. Almost as if it’s that’s complex that it’s not been solved by some of the best negotiators that have been  thrown at it. 

Just for clarity though. Would you prefer to live under a flawed democracy or perfect theocracy?  

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh it’s awful. Almost as if it’s that’s complex that it’s not been solved by some of the best negotiators that have been  thrown at it. 

Just for clarity though. Would you prefer to live under a flawed democracy or perfect theocracy?  

A flawed democracy obviously but that doesn't resolve the issue.

There are monsters on both sides who are not sated with over 30,000 dead people and are quite will to let the conflict escalate.

Do Iran want this though?

They knew if they take on Israel face to face they could be wiped off the face of the earth. 

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Perfect theocracy would obviously be better because it’s perfect. Now, whose definition of perfect you want to go with is a different matter. I presume it is mine.

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

Perfect theocracy would obviously be better because it’s perfect. Now, whose definition of perfect you want to go with is a different matter. I presume it is mine.

Really? I’m getting the feeling you may not have thought this through. 

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

A flawed democracy obviously but that doesn't resolve the issue.

There are monsters on both sides who are not sated with over 30,000 dead people and are quite will to let the conflict escalate.

Do Iran want this though?

They knew if they take on Israel face to face they could be wiped off the face of the earth. 

And yet they’ve supplied Hamas, Hezbollah and Yemen with weapons for years. 

• Upvote 1