You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

According to JK - performative theater.

According to Biden - unimportant targets specifically chosen for performative theater.

That’s what Iran did. As a warning that they can if they want. Where haven’t I said that? You’re quite good at avoiding questions. Do you have any actual opinions of your own? 

Here is a head spinner for those who like to go with the right/left divide.

Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.) said that Iran’s aerial assault on Israel shows how the U.S. is “not standing firmly with Israel.”

Fetterman reiterated Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that there should not be conditions on sending additional aid to Israel and called again for the U.S. to stand with its ally in the wake of Iran’s missile and drone attack on Israel over the weekend.

“Well, a couple of things, actually. I think it really demonstrates how it’s astonishing that we are not standing firmly with Israel. And there should never be any kinds of conditions on all that. When a nation can launch hundreds of drones towards Israel — I’m not going to be talking about conditions ever,” he said.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That’s what Iran did. As a warning that they can if they want. Where haven’t I said that? You’re quite good at avoiding questions. Do you have any actual opinions of your own? 

I do - when it makes sense I include them.

So, how do you think the "warning" went? Will it's success serve as any real deterrent going forward or is it the taking part that counts?

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

I do - when it makes sense I include them.

So, how do you think the "warning" went? Will its success serve as any real deterrent going forward or is it the taking part that counts?

I’ll wait for them then… 

I have no idea but the fantasy that Israel is defending itself by attacking other countries is fanciful. The idea that the western world is in anyway the good guys is fanciful and the idea that a country (The US) isn’t partly to blame considering the amount of arms and money they give to Isreal is indeed fanciful. 

Tell me I’m wrong with an opinion and not a copy and paste job. 

7 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I am going to surprise you AP - there are probably 1 in 3 people in America who support Israel unconditionally. They are a mix of ages, ethnicities and political parties and do so for any number of reasons. Now that may not be surprising because, checks notes, Murica - but I imagine you realize that holds true in the UK as well. Europe as well? What about Australia I wonder.

I am going to surprise you AP - there are probably 1 in 3 people in America who support Israel unconditionally. They are a mix of ages, ethnicities and political parties and do so for any number of reasons. Now that may not be surprising because, checks notes, Murica - but I imagine you realize that holds true in the UK as well. Europe as well? What about Australia I wonder.

im hugely confused ted

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ll wait for them then… 

I have no idea but the fantasy that Israel is defending itself by attacking other countries is fanciful. The idea that the western world is in anyway the good guys is fanciful and the idea that a country (The US) isn’t partly to blame considering the amount of arms and money they give to Isreal is indeed fanciful. 

Tell me I’m wrong with an opinion and not a copy and paste job. 

Why would I tell you that is wrong?

But those “1 in 3” people don’t count or the other “2 in 3” it’s the decision makers that count. And people just want to know why they back Isreal who are blatantly the fucking instigators 

Why would I tell you that is wrong?

You could at least tell me I’m right and then we can put this little exchange down to a complete waste of time 

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

im hugely confused ted

You are confused by the realization that 1 in 3 people in the Western world would support Israel? And that those folks cannot be put into a tidy little bucket with the label "Cunts" on it?

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

But those “1 in 3” people don’t count or the other “2 in 3” it’s the decision makers that count. And people just want to know why they back Isreal who are blatantly the fucking instigators 

Ask them then.

You are confused by the realization that 1 in 3 people in the Western world would support Israel? And that those folks cannot be put into a tidy little bucket with the label "Cunts" on it?

you just said the us had not reiterated their support for israel

now you are saying 1 in 3 people in america support israel.

Just now, Arniepie said:

you just said the us had not reiterated their support for israel

now you are saying 1 in 3 people in america support israel.

No mate. What was said, by Joltin Joe, not by me, was that the US will not unconditionally support Israel re: Iran. In fact, unconditional support is being tanked across the board as we speak, which is why Fetterman piped up.

As we have seen a number of times in a few different scenarios over the last few months the people's opinion can differ from any Gubmints actions.

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Because western defense of Israel (and from Jordan and Iraq) is a good thing, especially if it makes Israel more reliant on this support. If Iran actually managed to score real important hits that would be disastrous. And people on here seem to have a problem with this for some reason.

Iran doesn't care about Palestinians, neither do Yemenis. They are just using them.

Not sure who these Yemenis you refer to who don't care about Palestinians because they could've fooled me.

All over Yemen. 

20240415_122215.jpg

37 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Any info on them claims? 

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Any info on them claims? 

The poll shows 35% of U.S. adults now describe Israel as an ally that shares U.S. interests and values. That’s back in line with the views from before the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas on Israel, after a brief increase in November to 44%.

Thirty-six percent of U.S. adults say the U.S. is not supportive enough of the Palestinians, up slightly from 31% December.

You can pick literally any subject - abortion, guns - anything and there will be 1/3rd blindly for and 1/3 blindly against.