You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

21 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I couldn't imagine having a bacon or sausage sandwich without brown sauce so commiserations on your situation.

Have you tried other sauces? Obviously HP is the go to brand but I'm currently using Hammonds Chop which I also love from back when I was a kid.

I can have some brown sauces, but HP and Daddies set it off as they as they are quite strong. I haven't seen Hammonds in years tbh, I didn't realise you could still get it.

I'm not too bad with HP fruity sauce, that's quite mild with a bit of a tang and Aldi do a mild brown sauce that's not too bad, but none as good as HP brown.

Pity it murders me.

23 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I can have some brown sauces, but HP and Daddies set it off as they as they are quite strong. I haven't seen Hammonds in years tbh, I didn't realise you could still get it.

I'm not too bad with HP fruity sauce, that's quite mild with a bit of a tang and Aldi do a mild brown sauce that's not too bad, but none as good as HP brown.

Pity it murders me.

I ordered a couple of large bottles of Chop off Ebay for £10, it does have a fruiter tang to it than HP.

• Upvote 1

Took the mrs out to town a few weeks ago for her birthday. Nice restaurant, drinks ect.

Anyway come around 9 o'clock i was already thinking of bed and getting home. Was absolutely knackered by 10. 

Honestly felt ashamed considering back in the day I wouldn't get into town until about 10 anyway with the lads, hit a few bars, go the 051, then onto the Sunrise until 7 bells. 

Can't even make it past 10 o'clock now

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I couldn't imagine having a bacon or sausage sandwich without brown sauce so commiserations on your situation.

Have you tried other sauces? Obviously HP is the go to brand but I'm currently using Hammonds Chop which I also love from back when I was a kid.

English Mustard is superb for sausage and bacon.

13 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Bending down to cut your toe nails is hard graft also tying your shoel laces, I wish one could buy suede slip on Hush Puppies these days, with a nice pair of slacks, de rigiuer. 

Put your foot up on the toilet seat, it’s far. easier to do it leaning down to waist height than it is sitting down and trying to lean down to the floor. 

Added advantage is the clippings fall in the toilet and you just flush them away. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Finding out that food you previously liked now gives you galloping indigestion.

Bakers near me does the nicest the Belgian choc chunk shortbread. I used to practically inhale it. Had some yesterday and the only thing I was tasting afterwards was Rennies. Far too rich for me now.

After 3 days of all inclusive beer drinking I had to go to the chemist and get a box. Got fucking stung for €12 mind! 

The orange flavour are a massive improvement on the original ones. 

On 02/10/2022 at 22:25, Leyton388 said:

Took the mrs out to town a few weeks ago for her birthday. Nice restaurant, drinks ect.

Anyway come around 9 o'clock i was already thinking of bed and getting home. Was absolutely knackered by 10. 

Honestly felt ashamed considering back in the day I wouldn't get into town until about 10 anyway with the lads, hit a few bars, go the 051, then onto the Sunrise until 7 bells. 

Can't even make it past 10 o'clock now

I’ve got a freind in his late 50s who got himself a 30 something girlfriend. Said the sex was great but the going and staying out late did for him in the end. She’d want to go out clubbing after the end of match of the day. Fuck that. 

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve got a freind in his late 50s who got himself a 30 something girlfriend. Said the sex was great but the going and staying out late did for him in the end. She’d want to go out clubbing after the end of match of the day. Fuck that. 

He isn't a blue is he? 

I mean why would you wanna go out after waiting to watch the blues last on MOTD, booing at the TV then going out clubbing. 

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

This the friend who's dog you walk?

• Upvote 2