You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That's grannies work there. Yesterday I dug out 2 big tree roots. I thought I was going to die by the time I'd finished. Tomorrow I've got to move 2 tonnes of topsoil, right after I've fought (and beat) a grizzly bear.

Can't you befriend the bear and get him to help you with the topsoil?

Soil's been there 2 days already. Gypsies have parked a caravan on it now. I'm going round tomorrow to move the said tinkers on (Sorry Cain, you can't leave that there) and heave the soil in to the garden.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. The last 2 times you've been round you've been going to put the blind up in the kitchen, yet it's still in the box. You know damn well you'll come over, eat your roast, look out the window and say it looks like rain, park your arse and watch the match, and promise to move it next time you're over.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. The last 2 times you've been round you've been going to put the blind up in the kitchen, yet it's still in the box. You know damn well you'll come over, eat your roast, look out the window and say it looks like rain, park your arse and watch the match, and promise to move it next time you're over.

Can I have some roast?

• 3 weeks later...

I had my top off in the garden today while i was ripping up turf and moving that two tonnes of soil again. Then I used a real wheel barrow, not a playskool one, to move a lot of rubble, old broken flag stones and the aforementioned ripped up turf. It was a diet-code break I tell yer.

• 1 month later...