You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MAME - Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAMEUIFX - Download

Try that one instead - 0.125u8 Binarie - I think it's a different version to the one you've got and is easier to use.

When it's installed all you need to do is get a torrent link for the roms (got mine off mininova - just search for Mame Roms 0.125)

Then download whatever game files you want and once they're downloaded move the files into the Rom folder in the Mame folder.

That games pack is 16gb.

What's the best site for getting individual games?

You should download the torrent link to that pack you found.

I use Utorrent - when I click on the torrent link it opens up utorrent and gives me a check list of all the games - and i can simply check off the ones i want.

You won't have to download all 16gb - just the individual games you want

You could probably PM someone and get them to email you a few files too, if it was just a handful of games you wanted.

My favourite ROM is NBA Jam, it must be the best basketball arcader ever. I spent about 40 quid on that in my first term at uni (and bear in mind it was only 10p a play in our JCR) so to be able to play - and complete - it for nothing from the comfort of my own desk was jawesome.

Managed to find the stuff I want so far. Paperboy is harder than I recall.

Got the key controls sorted but pressing down always seems to bring up a brightness/volume/contrast option which is annoying.

You changed your key assignments hammy? You can change them globally (i.e. for all games) or for the current rom. Think its the Tilde key which brings up all the options (is in my version of MAME anyway).

Got seriously addicted to this last night (specifically Wonderboy, Cabal, Paperboy & Ninja Turtles). Going to stop on the way home and buy a controller of some sort.

Frustrating though as a good % of the games don't work. That app I used on recommendation from Kowalski allows you to sort the titles by the ones that do, but even then about 40% of the games I downloaded from Rom World errored when I tried to start them.

Also, If anyone knows what you do on the 1st level of Shinobi to sort out the baddies and the kidnapped people on the ledge above I'd be grateful. I am obviously being a massive mong.

There are compatibility lists somewhere

But sometimes you need to download more than one version of the game to run it (kind of a parent/child relationship). Theres not much that doesn't run to be honest, virtually anything from early 80s to mid 90s should be fine.

I tried Star Wars Triloogy Last night - didn't get very far sadly!

Maybe that is where I am going wrong.

Also have you downloaded all the bios roms? I know I had a problem getting everything to run until I downloaded some bios i was missing.

Best way to check is open up mame and click on the bios tab - they should all have green chips (apart from 5 or 6 that dont work like Naomi 1+2, Hyper NeoGeo, Atomiswave and the multi amenity)

If you are missing some, just download them and put them in the same folder as the game roms.

Think i downloaded my bios from here

BraiNKilleR's Arcade Emunews - MAME BIOS