You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MAME - Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched it the other day TK, and have always thought this dude had a really striking face for someone who has a non-speaking part in 1.5 seconds of a film.

hehe, I think he's lampooned a bit in the Family Guy special - he's got a real 70s daytime telly look about him

You set of twats.

I had forgotten about MAME and started reading this thread about Wonderboy and Kung Fu Master and thought im going to have to get it installed again.

Downloaded complete set of 0.126 roms so if anyone needs any let me know and ill upload it somewhere.

Most free usenet servers you get with you isp are on a large pretty shite but are alright until you feel you are ready to fully get the most out of binary newsgroups.

I personally pay $15 a month for access to these binary newsgroups but they have everything from xbox360 games to the latest music albums etc.

The advantage of these over Torrents is that you will download at your full speed (or as near as damn it) unless your isp cap you and you dont need to share anything as its purely for leeching.

You need a client to download with and i use newsbin pro (should be available on torrent files to initially start you off).

It will seem a bit daunting at first but downloading from usenet is far better then fucking about with p2p eating all your bandwidth.

Yet another reason for you folks out there to buy and mod a cheapy old X-Box.

MAME on the X-Box rocks even harder, especially for the likes of Missle Command and so on, where the left analogue stick emulates the trackball nicely.

I'm surprised I've not got "CREDITS 9" burned into the phosphor on my telly...

Yet another reason for you folks out there to buy and mod a cheapy old X-Box.

MAME on the X-Box rocks even harder, especially for the likes of Missle Command and so on, where the left analogue stick emulates the trackball nicely.

I'm surprised I've not got "CREDITS 9" burned into the phosphor on my telly...

Ive got an xbox already with loads of emulators on but for some reason i have never bothered sticking MAME on there although i presum the roms will work on there like they do the PC so its purely a case of me getting the xbox version of MAME.

Can not understand anyone who gets rid of an xbox, stick a big hard drive in there and you have a media centre and emulator.

Superb piece of kit.

I used to have loads of emulators on my old PC but I just don't have time at the moment. I'm an average of 53 hours a week in work at the mo, when I'm home I'm doing my Uni work and in between that I've got to fit in time for the missus and then all my hobbies and interests; it's taxing.

You're right though, I should've been all over this. I've Super Mario World and Alex Kidd on my Wii, and Sonic and TMNT: Arcade on my xbox 360. Retro gaming rules so much ass.

I need to get on this.

Tried a few more last night - you really do need to get on this - particulary if you've got a hookup to large LCD.

I'd like to have a crack at a 4 player game next - be awesome if they could add on a network interface with chat!

Die Hard eh.. which version is that? Its not the PSX light gun one is it - loved that.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs rules - I can never get tired of that game!

Oh and for usenet type groups, I can recommend EasyNews ® I've been with them for 7 years now, and pay $9.99 a month for 70 days retention on the news groups and a searchable/zip interface - you get 20gb a month of download but this can be topped up by doing surveys etc and loyalty. Personally I get nowhere near 20gb and I have well over 100gb waiting to use, when I had my old xbox I was using way more, but my 360 and Wii remain pure (for now)

Its rather brill, though for MAME, ROM-World.com - Rom Downloads - MAME roms Gba roms Snes roms Nintendo roms Sega Genesis roms is doing the business

Edited by JangoSolo
missed important info!