You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Dunkirk.

10 out of 10 although would have undoubtedly been better on the big screen.

Nolan is a genius.

Imagine if we'd fucked it up in 1940. All of what we know now would be gone.

Thanks Uncle Bram on the minesweeper and Grandad Bert on the landing stage at the Pier Head.

Most scrotes these days don't appreciate what you did for us but a good proportion do.

Dunkirk.

Nolan is a genius.

Thanks Uncle Bram on the minesweeper and Grandad Bert on the landing stage at the Pier Head.

Most scrotes these days don't appreciate what you did for us but a good proportion do.

The sad thing is much of that sacrifice is being undone all around us every day.

Dunkirk.

Nolan is a genius.

I loved Dunkirk. It was fucking brilliant. Beautifully done and some incredible scenes, most of them tense.

Best film easily of last year. Should have won best picture and director at the very least. Crime it didn't win these 2, even though it picked up 3 others.

How The Shape Of Water won so many ahead of it is still baffling.

I loved Dunkirk. It was fucking brilliant. Beautifully done and some incredible scenes, most of them tense.

Best film easily of last year. Should have won best picture and director at the very least. Crime it didn't win these 2, even though it picked up 3 others.

How The Shape Of Water won so many ahead of it is still baffling.

Spot on. It was the complete antithesis to something Michael Bay or his ilk would come up with. Almost no flag-waving of any kind either.

I like Del Toro but I don't get the love-in at all.

Hi

I'm Ed Winchester.

A man called Ove

Mild mannered Swedish thing that the missus picked on the telly. It's about a grumpy Swedish bloke who wants to kill himself to join his wife who has recently died of cancer, but keeps getting interrupted or failing. He sort of gets bullied by his new neighbour, a rather lovely Iraqi immigrant with two kids and rather pregnant, to participate in life a bit. Then there's a bit of reminiscing about his life, losses and idiosyncrasies along the way.

Quite heartwarming, albeit a bit cliched at times.

6.8/10

Yeah, I don’t get the positive reviews for it on here.

I know it is frowned upon here, but could you elaborate why do you think it's so bad? I'd give it 6 out of 10, I don't think many people will remember it five years from now, but it's a decent action comedy, if you don't expect too much and by today's standards, you really shouldn't. I was not too bored, there are a couple of funny moments and mercifully not much physical or gross out comedy. It's far less irritating than Hangover or something like that.

I know it is frowned upon here, but could you elaborate why do you think it's so bad? I'd give it 6 out of 10, I don't think many people will remember it five years from now, but it's a decent action comedy, if you don't expect too much and by today's standards, you really shouldn't. I was not too bored, there are a couple of funny moments and mercifully not much physical or gross out comedy. It's far less irritating than Hangover or something like that.

The first hangover was brilliant. I still enjoy watching it sometimes. Game Night was incredibly predictable, unfunny, cliched, and I think poorly acted. I’m also fucking sick of Jason Bateman playing Jason Bateman.

• Upvote 1

The first hangover was brilliant. I still enjoy watching it sometimes. Game Night was incredibly predictable, unfunny, cliched, and I think poorly acted. I’m also fucking sick of Jason Bateman playing Jason Bateman.

Thanks. I mostly avoid comedies and I only watched Game Night after it divided people on here so much and upon seeing it, I couldn't understand why, because it really isn't one of those hate it love it films, it's competently made, it's not great, but it's not that bad either. I agree it's predictable, and acting is what I'd expect, overall, a bit meh with some bits that worked. At least it didn't make me despair over what people find funny. I think in recent years, Ted was probably the only comedy I could say I liked.

Annihilation - A Netflix funded/released movie which should have set the alarm bells ringing straight away.  A man comes back from a secret mission and immediately his body starts shutting down when he returns home.  Him and his wife are apprehended from some government type force from the ambulance and she wakes up on a ship.  She ends up going on the same secret mission with some other women and then some weird shit happens and I lost interest and eventually fell asleep.  It was shite.

2 GI Jane's out of 10

Thanks. I mostly avoid comedies and I only watched Game Night after it divided people on here so much and upon seeing it, I couldn't understand why, because it really isn't one of those hate it love it films, it's competently made, it's not great, but it's not that bad either. I agree it's predictable, and acting is what I'd expect, overall, a bit meh with some bits that worked. At least it didn't make me despair over what people find funny. I think in recent years, Ted was probably the only comedy I could say I liked.

Off the top of my head i've enjoyed;

Hall Pass

Bad Neighbours

21 Jump street

The Nice Guys

There's probably more. 

Anything with the fat woman with black hair in is an instant no, bridesmaids etc, or Amy schumer.

The early 2000's produced tons of brilliant comedies, the best era I can remember for them, if you can class that as an era.

There's probably more. 

Hall Pass

Bad Neighbours

21 Jump street

The Nice Guys

There's probably more. 

Anything with the fat woman with black hair in is an instant no, bridesmaids etc, or Amy schumer.

The early 2000's produced tons of brilliant comedies, the best era I can remember for them, if you can class that as an era.

There's probably more. 

Thanks. I might check some of them if I come across them.

Hall Pass

Bad Neighbours

21 Jump street

The Nice Guys

There's probably more.

There's probably more.

The Nice Guys is a great film.