You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Parasite

Not sure how it managed to win all sorts of awards and be spoken about as a 9-10 / 10. Absolutely nuts film especially the end, very different and yeah enjoyable but it wasn't 'that' good. Defo worth a watch of course and the posh mum is sexy as fuck. 7.5/10 

On 07/02/2021 at 11:03, Scooby Dudek said:

Terminator Genysis

Totally shits all over the original, in a bad way. Starts well with call backs to the original and gets more confusing and goes down hill rapidly.  5/10

The best thing about it, is the call backs made me watch the original Terminator, still a classic. Looking very dated but a great film 8/10

It's now got to the stage with terrible Terminator sequels that i had to think really hard to recall which one this even was*

*It's the one with Emilia Clarke isn't it?

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

It's now got to the stage with terrible Terminator sequels that i had to think really hard to recall which one this even was*

I'm not sure if it was Genysis I am thinking of, but the last Terminator I attempted to watch I abandoned after probably about 5 minutes at the most.

The dialogue between the two characters in the first scene was so over written and badly acted I decided it wasn't worth my time. 

They really should have knocked it on the head after the first two. 

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

*Yes it is, I only know the title due to have watched it, I couldn't tell you the name of any others either.

10 hours ago, rb14 said:

In any case Greenland, a generous 6.5/10. Entertaining. We didn't switch it off. Mr rb14 said that it's going straight off when the first person says "Let's get outta here". By the time "Let's go" (repeated ad nauseum) eventually made its appearance, the movie was nearly finished so we let it run to the end. 

Just a note for the pedants. If the plane is flying but the engine has died, if the prop is turning you don't need to engage a starter motor. If the prop isn't turning, engaging a starter motor will achieve the sum total of fuck all. 

Microsoft Flight Simulator has a lot to answer for.

• Upvote 1

Bonded By Blood 

Since I watched some documentary on Irish drug dealers, Amazon keeps pushing these low budget British gangster films at me. Put the odd one on in the background while I'm working. I've just had this on, it's another take on the famous Rettendon Range Rover murders in Essex. For the most part its just rose of the Footsoldier they've just changed the cockney actors around apart from Terry Stone who is still Tony Tucker. He must fucking hate getting in Range Rovers him. 2/10 

The Hot Spot

If the film studio were mental enough to give a smacked up Dennis Hopper a shit ton of money to direct a motion picture guess the sort of thing which he'd deliver?

Don Johnson stars and shags his way through a bunch of bang tidy babes, tits and arse in every other frame, chucking a bank robbery of two and a punch up or twenty and you get the picture.

Cracking stuff.

8/10 Kodi - The Shadow - Real Debrid

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Hot Spot

If the film studio were mental enough to give a smacked up Dennis Hopper a shit ton of money to direct a motion picture guess the sort of thing which he'd deliver?

Don Johnson stars and shags his way through a bunch of bang tidy babes, tits and arse in every other frame, chucking a bank robbery of two and a punch up or twenty and you get the picture.

Cracking stuff.

Jennifer Connelly made a big impression on me as a younger chap. Cracking film as well.

34 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Hot Spot

Cracking stuff.

Miles Davis sountrack as well.

• Upvote 1

Pieces of a Woman. Absolutely outstanding film, I knew very little about it before sitting down to watch it and I'm pleased about that. 9/10. It's a Netflix production but can be found on the usual Kodi sources I'm sure.

The Upside on Amazon Prime. Brian Cranston is a billionaire stuck in a wheelchair & hires a black guy from the street to be his carer. The whole film is utterly telegraphed from start to finish but there's enough moments in there to keep it interesting & loads of Aretha on the soundtrack. 6/10.

On 10/02/2021 at 01:16, rb14 said:

In any case Greenland, a generous 6.5/10. Entertaining. We didn't switch it off. Mr rb14 said that it's going straight off when the first person says "Let's get outta here". By the time "Let's go" (repeated ad nauseum) eventually made its appearance, the movie was nearly finished so we let it run to the end. 

Just a note for the pedants. If the plane is flying but the engine has died, if the prop is turning you don't need to engage a starter motor. If the prop isn't turning, engaging a starter motor will achieve the sum total of fuck all. 

Repped for doing Rog things.

Gonna watch that Greenland this weekend I think.

11 minutes ago, Mook said:

The Upside on Amazon Prime. Brian Cranston is a billionaire stuck in a wheelchair & hires a black guy from the street to be his carer. The whole film is utterly telegraphed from start to finish but there's enough moments in there to keep it interesting & loads of Aretha on the soundtrack. 6/10.

Sounds like a complete rip off of the French film The Intouchables starring Mamadou Sakho.

• Upvote 1