You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Dig - Netflix film based on the discovery of the Sutton Hoo horde in 1930s Suffolk. Gentle film with Ralph Fiennes doing a decent Suffolk accent and Carey Mulligan doing a decent posh accent. Quite frankly not a lot happens, they find the stuff early on and so they tack on a love interest plot for Lily James' character which wasn't needed and was quite pointless. Should've had more courage that people would find the treasures fascinating in their own right. 1930s archaeologists seem to be stuffy posh wankers for the most, with only one exception that I can think of. 6.5 out of 10

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I watched it on Amazon Prime and as I started watching it, the screen showed a fact about the film; it's Brad Pitt's personal favourite film that he has appeared in. Whether that's still the case I'm not sure but he clearly holds it in high esteem. It is fantastic, it doesn't feel like a 2hr30min film.

Didn't realise this was on Prime, might give it another watch later as haven't seen it since aroundthe time it came out. Fantastic film and really don't understand why it was/is so much under the radar.

11 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Just finished watching The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Outstanding. 9.8/10.

Watching the credits rolling, Tony Scott (among others) co-produced it and Ridley Scott (among others) produced it. Maybe that's why it was overlooked at the oscars as it didn't have any aliens or lots of slow motion explosions.

Where have you seen it? 

Enduring Love ...Can’t give it a score as the start freaked me out that much I had to turn it off....

Usually when I see a film with disturbing images in the synopsis I’m all over it but this was too disturbing and too realistic...Might go back later in week.

Good cast though with Daniel Craig, Rhys Ifans , Bill Nighty and it’s on Film Four catch up 

21 minutes ago, Mook said:

Anybody know where I can watch The Assassination of Jesse James?

If you don't have Amazon Prime you can use what @Carvalho Diablo said. If you have Amazon Prime you can watch it on there as part of the subsccription.

I watched 'The Real Inglorious Bastards' which the movie is loosely based on the stories of. Three guys tasked with performing covert ops during WW2 to help bring down the Nazis from inside and it also tells the story of a high ranking Nazi official who wanted to make a deal to switch sides. Watched on Amazon Prime along with 'Inglorious Basterds'.

The King of Staten Island - Judd Apatow comedy/drama that's a semi-autobiographical account of Pete Davidson's (not Doctor Who before anyone starts) life. Difficult one because I think there's a decent film in here somewhere if wasn't for a) Apatow's inability to turn in a comedy in under 2 hours b) Davidson being an obnoxious prick for a large portion of the runtime and c) having any sympathy with a man who might have issues but has also dated Ariana Grande and Kate Beckinsale so it's not like his life isn't doing well.

Should've been a maximum 1hr 45m runtime, cut out the massive bloat, focus more on why Davidson is such an ass rather than just watching him be an ass. Good supporting turns from Steve Buscemi, Bill Burr and Marisa Tomei but I feel most people will be put off by Davidson himself and the 2hr 16m length. Apatow needs to get an editor like Tarantino. 4 out of 10

The Three Kings on Amazon Prime. 

Documentary on three Scots all born within 30 miles of each other who went on to become football managers at three of the now biggest clubs in the world. 

9.5/10.

Tenet.

Went out to make a drink for a minute about half an hour in and i'm not going to lie, it didn't make a huge amount of sense from that moment onwards. Visually stunning as you would expect from Nolan, but it just seemed to be Bond for mathematicians. I think i preferred it the time i watched it backwards in an alternative timeline. 

I need to watch it again, 6/10.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Only 6.5! I was going to watch that this weekend. Might swerve it now. 

Nah its defo worth watching. Its not quite a Saturday night blockbuster but for an afternoon film its definitely worth a go. Thinking back it probably is a 7. 

• Upvote 1

The Godfather - 9/10

Finally got around to watching this properly. Definitely lives up to the hype even though it's nearly 50 years old. Of all the great scenes and there are many, I loved the old woman and man singing at the wedding, set the tone perfectly and felt really authentic. On to part 2.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Elite said:

The Godfather - 9/10

Finally got around to watching this properly. Definitely lives up to the hype even though it's nearly 50 years old. Of all the great scenes and there are many, I loved the old woman and man singing at the wedding, set the tone perfectly and felt really authentic. On to part 2.

You are in for a serious treat.

• Upvote 1

Next 

Nicholas Cage. 2008 film that they've put on Netflix recently. I'm not surprised I'd never heard of it before. He can see a couple of minutes into the future which turns out to be a bit of a pain in the arse when some bastards have a nuclear bomb ready to go off. Jessica Biel is amazing and pumps it from a 3 to a 5. 5/10

Nothing But The Truth

Who thought Kate Beckinsale wasn't just one of the most beautiful creatures to walk the earth but she can actually act? She plays a reporter who finds out some info about the CIA being arseholes and lets herself go to jail by not revealing her source. The missus found it on Amazon Prime. Well worth a watch. 7.5/10