You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

John Wick 3. Treated myself to a cinema afternoon. Violent, bloody and inventive. Perhaps not as good as the first and the second I may have to try and watch again as I struggled to get into it. 7.5/10.

12 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

John Wick 3. Treated myself to a cinema afternoon. Violent, bloody and inventive. Perhaps not as good as the first and the second I may have to try and watch again as I struggled to get into it. 7.5/10.

I thought it was the best of the 3. Glorious fight scenes.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

I thought it was the best of the 3. Glorious fight scenes.

It is excellently made. The first one though edges it for me simply because of the story behind it. Keanu is excellent as usual.

19 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Half way through John Wick 2, much better than the first time I tried to watch it. Not sure why. But seems good so far.

Enjoyed the first but watched the second one twice now and thought it was poor after both viewings.Hope the third is a return to form for Keanu 

2 hours ago, Johnny Utah said:

Enjoyed the first but watched the second one twice now and thought it was poor after both viewings.Hope the third is a return to form for Keanu 

I enjoyed the third one. Well made and most people in the cinema seemed to enjoy it.

The Corrupted - 7/10

British movie about (you guessed it) police corruption, started off a bit mediocre but turned out to be enjoyable. Only criticism is Timothy Spall's role was like a poor man's Bricktop.

Feed him to the pigs Errol.

35 minutes ago, Elite said:

The Corrupted - 7/10

British movie about (you guessed it) police corruption, started off a bit mediocre but turned out to be enjoyable. Only criticism is Timothy Spall's role was like a poor man's Bricktop.

Feed him to the pigs Errol.

'e wos one 'orribble caaaant

Aquaman   4/10

One of the most over the top, cheesy action films I've seen in a long time. Shockingly bad but to be honest it seemed like they were hamming it up purposely so it retains some points for that. 

Sharks with lasers? Yup

A laughingly bad side villain with a dustbin for a head? Yup

Me continuously pissing myself imagining the actors underwater being filmed 'speaking' their lines? Yup

The middle section turning into a ripoff of the Mummy or Sahara was a real surprise also.

Glad I didn't see it at the cinema.

10 hours ago, Juniper said:

Aquaman   4/10

One of the most over the top, cheesy action films I've seen in a long time. Shockingly bad but to be honest it seemed like they were hamming it up purposely so it retains some points for that. 

Sharks with lasers? Yup

A laughingly bad side villain with a dustbin for a head? Yup

Me continuously pissing myself imagining the actors underwater being filmed 'speaking' their lines? Yup

The middle section turning into a ripoff of the Mummy or Sahara was a real surprise also.

Glad I didn't see it at the cinema.

It was truly awful. I spent a lot of the time laughing whilst watching it due to how ridiculously bad it was.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

It was truly awful. I spent a lot of the time laughing whilst watching it due to how ridiculously bad it was.

It was so bad. Even the way they shot it was naff as it looked like a tv show at times. 

Was good for a laugh though, just very glad I saw it at home and not the cinema. 

Just look at this guy!! Brilliant. Just cause it looks ok in the comics doesn’t mean it’ll look good in the films. I used to have a BBQ that looked like that helmet.

7FEFC67D-3E8B-4758-A3B9-FBC31622C599.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

It was so bad. Even the way they shot it was naff as it looked like a tv show at times. 

Was good for a laugh though, just very glad I saw it at home and not the cinema. 

Just look at this guy!! Brilliant. Just cause it looks ok in the comics doesn’t mean it’ll look good in the films. I used to have a BBQ that looked like that helmet.

7FEFC67D-3E8B-4758-A3B9-FBC31622C599.jpeg

What made me laugh with that scene was that he was given a suit equipped with groundbreaking technology, then the next scene showed him taking it to pieces and then haphazardly welding it all back together.

What a fucking villain Unicron was. 

Star Wars The Phantom Menace first five minutes - Interstellar VAT inspectors have blockaded the shite planet of Naboo and are demanding they raise the price of fruit 

Transformers the Movie - A transformer who can transform into a FUCKING PLANET and is voiced by Orson Welles turns up and eats a FUCKING PLANET to a soundtrack from the composer of Rocky IV.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mark M said:

I watched that transformers movie so much when I was a kid. Loved it.

Me too. The 'good' thing about video shops only ever having a handful of decent videos was that you ended up watching films you wouldn't have watched otherwise - over and over again. That's apparently where the notion of 'cult' films come from.