You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Barbarian - 8/10

Don't know if this is classed as a horror or not as I stopped watching horrors decades ago when my brain figured out that none of it was real.  Couple of those made ya jump moments, decent movie about a bang tidy lass renting an Airbnb in a deserted part of Detroit but there's already someone in it when she gets there.

Then I watched a couple of old movies that I've seen before out of sheer boredom and noticed a link between all 3.

Spy 8/10 genuinely funny movie, Melissa McCarthy plays to her strengths and rose Byrne is brilliant.  Points knocked off for that Miranda bird being in it.

Then instant family, another 8/10.

The bad guy in barbarian was the bad guy in spy, and obviously Rose Byrne is in both spy and instant family.  I like it when this happens.

Memoria - one of the strangest films I've ever seen. Tilda Swinton begins hearing a strange sound, that seemingly nobody else can, and enlists a sound engineer to help her discover what it is. And then all manner of inexplicable things start happening. If I had to pigeon-hole it I'd say it's closest to mystery or sci-fi, but it really doesn't fit neatly in either. It can feel slow, and it's low on action, but there's a lot going on thematically, and there are some genuinely astonishing scenes down the line. If you're just after some light entertainment you'll probably be disappointed, but if you want something challenging and distinct to pretty much everything else out there it's well worth your time. 9/10.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Memoria - one of the strangest films I've ever seen. Tilda Swinton begins hearing a strange sound, that seemingly nobody else can, and enlists a sound engineer to help her discover what it is. And then all manner of inexplicable things start happening. If I had to pigeon-hole it I'd say it's closest to mystery or sci-fi, but it really doesn't fit neatly in either. It can feel slow, and it's low on action, but there's a lot going on thematically, and there are some genuinely astonishing scenes down the line. If you're just after some light entertainment you'll probably be disappointed, but if you want something challenging and distinct to pretty much everything else out there it's well worth your time. 9/10.

Any tits in it ?

• Upvote 2

Fatal Attraction. 7.5/10 

Could easily go into the horror movie thread. She picked this so I’m going to have to sleep with one eye open. Women are terrifying. I am however very confused that he cheated on his much hotter wife with the freak. 

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fatal Attraction. 7.5/10 

Could easily go into the horror movie thread. She picked this so I’m going to have to sleep with one eye open. Women are terrifying. I am however very confused that he cheated on his much hotter wife with the freak. 

Some men are suckers for a danger fuck. 

I once did it without wearing any socks. It was beyond exhilarating. 

• Upvote 4

On 03/11/2022 at 19:07, Duff Man said:

I've just watched this, entirely based upon your review, and I can only echo what you say.

Some parts (like the scene by the river and the scene with the stray dog in the park) really reminded me of David Lynch and his abstract levels of weird ambiguity.

A great looking and great sounding film but I wasn't as high on it as Duff Man was.

7/10 Nodi Ezra Real Debrid

• Upvote 1

See How They Run

A mediocre whodunnit. Felt like it was trying to channel a bit of Wes Anderson, but it only served to highlight how deft a touch you need to pull off that absurdist style. Unfunny kookiness and a cast you know are better than the material.

Always liked Sam Rockwell though, and I'm a bit in love with Saoirse Ronan, so I endured.

2 hours ago, Le Duan said:

Morbius - planned to see it in the cinema but read a load of reviews saying it was a clunker - watched on Sky - not that bad to be fair - solid 7/10

Just watched Morbius this morning.

Good grief what a pile of absolute shite. I was genuinely gobsmacked just how crap it was and couldnt wait for it to finish.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Torvald Utne said:

Aqua Teen Forever: Plantasm

10/10 best movie ever made and best movie that ever will be made.

I detect an undercurrent of sarcasm in this review...

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

13 Hours: The secret soldiers of Benghazi.

8/10.

Never heard of this, turns out it's a decent Michael Bay film based on a true story. A secret security team deployed to Libya get caught in an ambush attack on the American ambassador and battle to protect a team of CIA administrators.

Really enjoyed it.

Yeah thats good that. Not the usual gung-ho American shit, it's got a properly tense atmosphere. 

Act of Valour is very good if you haven't seen it. Fictional but they used real Navy Seals. 

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

Old.

Another shyalaman shit fest.

He is the Stephen king of movies. Can’t write a decent ending at all.

avoid

He's totally disappeared off the grid. Probably for the best.

Had the mother of all hangovers yesterday so was just watching the first things I could see on Netflix.

Beverley Hills Cop, this hasn't aged very well, Eddie Murphy is absolutely shite in the lead role. 4.5/10

Donnie Brasco, class & an easy one to go back and watch again. Probably Al Pacino's last truly great performance. 8.5/10

Collateral, this isn't quite as good as I remembered it from the first time I saw it but worth a watch & one of the very few films I can stomach Tom Cruise in. 6.5/10

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Had the mother of all hangovers yesterday so was just watching the first things I could see on Netflix.

Beverley Hills Cop, this hasn't aged very well, Eddie Murphy is absolutely shite in the lead role. 4.5/10

Donnie Brasco, class & an easy one to go back and watch again. Probably Al Pacino's last truly great performance. 8.5/10

Collateral, this isn't quite as good as I remembered it from the first time I saw it but worth a watch & one of the very few films I can stomach Tom Cruise in. 6.5/10

Hahahaha you’re full of shit. Beverley Hills Cop is ace and Eddie Murphy is perfect for it. 

Donnie Brasco is one of the most underrated films out there. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahahaha you’re full of shit. Beverley Hills Cop is ace and Eddie Murphy is perfect for it. 

Donnie Brasco is one of the most underrated films out there. 

I thought when I was a kid that Eddie Murphy was dead charismatic in that film but watching it back yesterday, I've seen chairs give better acting performances than that.

The bird who works in the art gallery is dynamite though.

• Like 1