You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Been on a bit of a binge the past few days with films that have been on the telly:

The Quiet American 5/10

I just found it really dull and slow-paced. Michael Caine was pretty good though, so his performance merits an extra point or two.

Howl 6/10

Decent enough watch. James Franco nails Ginsberg, but thought it was a little pretentious in parts with the cartoons to illustrate the poem, for instance. Kind of just wish they'd made a biopic, to be honest, because I don't think any of the three distinct parts did such a fascinating character justice.

From Dusk Till Dawn 9/10

Really enjoyed it. I think Tarantino's love for cinema really comes through in the film and it just grips you from the very first scene in the petrol station out in the desert. Salma Hayek is one top bit of minge, also. She bags it an extra point.

The King Of Comedy 9/10

Found it really engaging, yet uncomfortable viewing at the same time. Shades of Taxi Driver on show. My mate reckons it's De Niro's most under rated role and I think I'm inclined to agree. Thought Jerry Lewis was class in it. Some great subtle moments.

Date Night 6/10

Decent enough popcorn comedy. Bit of a mess at times, but I liked the chemistry between Carrell and Fey, and thought the cameos from Wahlberg, Kunis and Franco were pretty funny. Kills an hour an half enjoyably enough.

Ok...

I watched two Korean films last night

The Front Line -- 8/10

The last bit of the Korean war, that took place during the peace talks. It focuses on one group of soldiers fighting over a strategic hill that they want to hold after the thing is signed.

Pretty damn good.

You are my sunshine - 7/10

Touching film about a farmer/loser that falls in love with a part-time prostitute. There are two big 'swings here'. One of them? Predictable. One of them? Totally out of nowhere. Quite a good story. Worth a watch.

Ok...

I watched two Korean films last night

The Front Line -- 8/10

The last bit of the Korean war, that took place during the peace talks. It focuses on one group of soldiers fighting over a strategic hill that they want to hold after the thing is signed.

Is that Korean language with subtitles? I'm sure I saw that advertised at the start of a DVD I had and it looked pretty damn good.

Been on a bit of a binge the past few days with films that have been on the telly:

The King Of Comedy 9/10

Found it really engaging, yet uncomfortable viewing at the same time. Shades of Taxi Driver on show. My mate reckons it's De Niro's most under rated role and I think I'm inclined to agree. Thought Jerry Lewis was class in it. Some great subtle moments.

QUOTE]

This is a simply superb film. It does not get the credit that it deserves because it is so unnerving and uncomfortable to watch. It is possibly one of the scariest films I have ever seen

Two treats for you lot

The Third Man - 9/10

A classic to the end of its toenails.

The lady from shangai - 9.5/10

Only heard about this last week and it has without doubt the most smouldering female lead of all time in a blond Rita Hayworth. It's a heady cocktail of love, murder, intrigue, hatred, betrayal and regret. The characters and acting are fantastic. Probably one of the top ten films Ive ever seen.