You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Wigan

Vincent Vega

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Babel is OK. Strange he's not even on the bench. I'd have liked to have seen him play alongside Torres, as I think they could potentially form our best partnership.

Playing Stevie just behind the main striker is a strange one to me. He's at his best marauding from the middle in his all action style. I'm not so sure he is as effective with his back to goal, or in tight areas where a 'cute' little pass or dink is called for.

Main concern about tonight is the defence. Albert will be bombarded by Heskey and Bent and I hope he is up to the aerial test.

Still, we should have plenty spare to win this one. Famous last words...

Not really about the formation is it? It's how you play it, you could have a negative 3 4 3 or a really attacking 4 5 1.

Yep, my thoughts exactly, and even if I'd liked to see Crouch in there, I think we'll get at them in a murderous tempo with this line-up. Kewell pressing to the left, Torres middle and Pennant right. Quite positive about this, 3 or 4-0 i reckon:thumbup:

Not really about the formation is it? It's how you play it, you could have a negative 3 4 3 or a really attacking 4 5 1.

Perhaps but I prefer to have two strikers on the pitch particularly at home. We've got the width tonight with Pennant and Kewell, Crouch should be nice and fresh too.

Guest PaddyBerger15

This is a game where an early goal as a nerve settler will be vital. We have pace and width, so there should be no excuses and you can't argue with the team selection....there was no indication at all that Danny would be fit despite opinions to the contrary and Sami can't be quite right yet either....hopefully its sooner rather than later on both as we could have done with Sami tonight.

I very happy with the team and Rafa is playing the formation i was talking about earlier on in the week.

Why have a player like Kuyt playing upfront but dropping into midfield when we have a player like Gerrard who in theory should be perfect in that role.

Alonso can get forward more knowing he has Mascherano covering for him.

It may sound defensive but for me that is a very good formation as with the midfield we should dominate them and with Torres and now Gerrard further upfield we should see goals.

I expect some goals from us today.

If you have to put a number on it then I would call it 4-2-3-1. It can be very offensive so I wouldn't start my chainsaw just yet.

Could even be 4-1-4-1: even more offensive-minded with Xabi pulling the strings for a very fluid attack that retains good width in front of a solid defensive platform. Either way, we should fucking twat these - that's a strong line up.