You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester City V Liverpool

Rashid

Ive heard from someone that works for United that they have been told to have 20,000 Anelka shirts printed and ready to go. Could be a wind up but you never know

It could be true that they've got them ready, as I'm sure they'll be in for him. Its only us that wouldnt have an order of shirts ready to go if necessary.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or like against Arsenal where he done the same injury and was out for ages again? I can play this argument.

If his injury is properly healed he should be ok to play. If it's not he shouldn't even have been on the bench.

And on your other point we were creating chances and everything so there was no real need to change. You are on one weird rant.

We created lots of half-chances but very few really clear cut ones considering how much possession we had. Too often we tried to play our way through a packed midfield and their CBs picked us off (fair play to them, they both had a great game). If we'd have got the ball wide and stretched them a bit more I think we'd have created some better openings. Time after time in the second half we had players in space in wide positions but Gerrard or Mascherano cut inside and ran into trouble instead of spreading the play - Xabi would have been much more likely to spot the opening.

And I wasn't going to accuse you of having an agenda against Dirk, I really couldnt give a fuck if you have or havent, sorry.

Since you're the type of poster who likes to jump on people at any and every opportunity, I was getting my defence in early. Nice to know I needn't have bothered this time though.

Just got in so not going over all 20 pages so sorry if im going over old ground.

Today was plain to see that other then Gerrard or Torres we dont have another goal threat in us.

We are crying out for a link man and some pace on the wings.

Whilst Kuyt gives us 100% i just wonder what a player who has creativty and flair playing there would offer us.

I have to be honest and say i think Benayoun could do a job playing there as he is smart enough to do the through balls.

I dont think Man City will come away as happy as today for getting a draw at home. They have a very good record at their stadium so to dominate them like we did was a pleasing thing to see but really have to be punishing teams like that when the chances arise.

Dunne and Richards had a good game but in all fairness our only goal threat was going to only come from one man in Torres as Gerrard i thought had a stinker today.

Once again Mascherano was superb. He let nobody in the midfield settle and tracked back brilliantly to help the defence as an when needed.

Carragher was back to his vintage self today. Fuck all got by him and you can be rest assured Capello will be begging him to go back to International football but hopefully Carra will tell him to bollocks.

I think he took a knock when Richards assaulted him early on. How that was not given as a foul i'll never know.

Yeah that pissed me off, it does my head in when refs dont give stuff just because the game has just started. Vidic should of been booked the other week after about a minute for hauling Torres down yet gets away with it because it's early. Mad.

Yeah that pissed me off, it does my head in when refs dont give stuff just because the game has just started. Vidic should of been booked the other week after about a minute for hauling Torres down yet gets away with it because it's early. Mad.

It happened when Sami was sent off after 4 mins against Utd at OT a few years ago, when he alledgedly brought down Van Horseface.

Paranoid.....Moi

It happened when Sami was sent off after 4 mins against Utd at OT a few years ago, when he alledgedly brought down Van Horseface.

Paranoid.....Moi

Urgh! Still remember that, they got us down to ten, scored the pen then struggled like fuck to get another and it was actually us who had some good chances then the ref hands them another penalty to ease their worries.

We played well but we were let down at crucial times, it happens. It happens a lot to us but it happened to the Mancs at the beginning of the season. We've gone from having a terrible away record in the league to having the best. It's not like Man City are a bad team anymore. They were great defensively today and the chances we carved out we didn't take. Sometimes you need to step back and take a few breaths.

United lost yesterday and Arsenal are not the invincible juggernaut that some would have you believe. We may not win the title this season but we're not out of the running yet.

I also didn't think Torres OR Kuyt were that bad today. Some posters are now defending or attacking players based on which poster has said about the players. Not the best way to be analytical of our squad.

I thought, on the whole it was a good performance today. We dominated the match against a team notorious for their excellent home form.

However we still lacked that ruthlessness that marks out title-winning sides. We just couldn't turn our obvious dominance into a goal and that is slightly worrying, but again, it's not a major flaw like conceding flurries of goals for example.

I said before this one that a point and a good performance from this one wouldn't be the end of the world and I still maintain that. Far too often under Rafa Benitez have we played too cautious away from home and it has cost us. Today we dominated and despite having a full back as a centre half, we never really looked like conceding a goal. It is a sign that we are progressing, I feel. We have now taken 7 points from 9 over the Christmas period, and a win against Wigan on Tuesday would, in my opinion, complete a very successful Christmas.

I thought that Mascherano was imperious today. That Elano never got a sniff from the little Argentinian. Finnan dealt with Petrov relatively well and even found the time and space to get forward often, something which I doubted would happen, given Petrov's form of late.

Gerrard played very well from deep, although I'm sure he would have liked to have got further forward more often- but City's formation denied him that. Kuyt worked and worked and for my money had a better game that Torres, who was unusually quiet. Yossi also played well in fits and starts, and Kewell played well for 45 minutes before tiring.

I thought that maybe Rafa left it too late to bring on Babel; perhaps given half an hour instead of 11-12 minutes he may have done significant damage.

I refuse to become a pessimist though and have to say that I am quite satisfied with today. As I said, the lack of ruthlessness let us down but I'm sure that is not a major problem; at least not as major as other problems like conceding goals.

Just got in so not going over all 20 pages so sorry if im going over old ground.

Today was plain to see that other then Gerrard or Torres we dont have another goal threat in us.

We are crying out for a link man and some pace on the wings.

Whilst Kuyt gives us 100% i just wonder what a player who has creativty and flair playing there would offer us.

I have to be honest and say i think Benayoun could do a job playing there as he is smart enough to do the through balls.

I dont think Man City will come away as happy as today for getting a draw at home. They have a very good record at their stadium so to dominate them like we did was a pleasing thing to see but really have to be punishing teams like that when the chances arise.

Dunne and Richards had a good game but in all fairness our only goal threat was going to only come from one man in Torres as Gerrard i thought had a stinker today.

Once again Mascherano was superb. He let nobody in the midfield settle and tracked back brilliantly to help the defence as an when needed.

Carragher was back to his vintage self today. Fuck all got by him and you can be rest assured Capello will be begging him to go back to International football but hopefully Carra will tell him to bollocks.

Everything went against him today, but normally he picks the right option. I don't think it was him being selfish, the room just opened up for him and he acted on instinct. He's not the kind to try and steal the glory. I've really warmed to Yossi. He has great vision, the ball sticks to his feet and he's a very good counter attacking player. He can beat a player or two as well. So I agree, if someone in our squad were to be put in that role, no one is better suited.

Good performance.

Back 4, Masceherano and Kuyt had good games.

Kewell was fucking shit. Torres wasn't good at all but he looked tired. He needs a rest.

SOME FUCKING CUNTS ON HERE BTW.

The problem we now face is that if Torres is rested and we don't pick up maximum points then Rafa knows he is going to get shitloads of abuse... I do agree with you though I think playing 2 games a week at the intensity of the Prem is catching up with him...

I would have him on the bench against Wigan and bring him on if needed like we did against Fulham.

The problem we now face is that if Torres is rested and we don't pick up maximum points then Rafa knows he is going to get shitloads of abuse... I do agree with you though I think playing 2 games a week at the intensity of the Prem is catching up with him...

I would have him on the bench against Wigan and bring him on if needed like we did against Fulham.

The time to rest Torres is away at Luton in the cup and to take him off in the last 20 minutes of games where we are comfortably in the lead. Sadly we haven't got good enough players to come in and replace him.