You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard - "England more important than Liverpool...."

zico

I'm worried that you may not take the disappointment very well should it fail to meet your exacting standards, and I don't wish to take on that responsibility, so I think you should investigate a different cuisine.

Think the answer is rotation. If he has a kebab this week a burger the next and then a pizza or chinese, when we get to the end of the season(ing) the chips will be fresh

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You bet your fucking life there would, the Lobster Pot is fucking horrible.

Mind you, I bet he does think it's the best. The tit.....

Brownie, only the fitness part was directed at you, not the rest of it.

That's some funny shit right there, nice one!

Whilst we're on the subject of the Lobster Pot, the last time I went there was after a night at the Krazy House in town a good year or so ago. I got a pie with some chips and beans, went home and fell asleep with it next to my bed because I was arse-holed.

I woke up and proceeded to scoff it all up while it was still cold.

True story.

It's not just about results, the food has to look good and served in a stylish manner.

Arsene Wenger would run a boss chippy - the staff would all be really young and the food would be passed over short distances to the nearest member of staff.

On the downside, they would fuck about with the food so much that it would be cold by the time you got it and if one of the member of staff short-changed you, the French cunt would be saying 'sorry mate but I didn't see it happen'...

Arsene Wenger would run a boss chippy - the staff would all be really young and the food would be passed over short distances to the nearest member of staff.

On the downside, they would fuck about with the food so much that it would be cold by the time you got it and if one of the member of staff short-changed you, the French cunt would be saying 'sorry mate but I didn't see it happen'...

LOL!

Ha Ha, quality post

Steven Gerrard: I crave success for both club and country

Nov 16 2007

by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

STEVEN Gerrard today moved to clear up any misunderstanding following comments attributed to him during an England press conference.

Some Liverpool fans had criticised Gerrard for apparently intimating he would prefer honours with England than Liverpool.

The Liverpool skipper stressed to the ECHO: “All I was trying to say was when I am with England, England are most important but when I am with Liverpool, Liverpool are most important.

“And I would like to think my performances back this up. I am desperate for success with both Liverpool and England.”

I told you he'd have to draw pictures.

If you catch them on their one in ten good day, their chips are spot on. Most of the time they're too greasy and covered in skin. Terrible, terrible chippy, and only for the fact it has hardly any competition nearby surely it would be out of business.

The Fung Lok by Anfield, now there's a chippy.

Now we've got a thread on our hands. Their gravy is fucking lovely. No gloop and tasty as fuck. Chips and gravy from there is a must on the mooch back to the car after an evening kick-off.

The Legend that is Meaty fact #253

I grew up just behind the Blue Star, on Lusitania Road.

Can't remember whether the chippy was there then mind, we moved out in '76.

What I do remember is the neighbour had a boss Aubergine-coloured Mk.3 Cortina, which I thought was the best car in the world at that time. I also dropped some kids watch down a grid to see what would happen (it fell and went missing), the Green Shield Shop over the other side of Queens Drive in Walton Village used to smell lovely, and the chemists by the Green Shield shop used to give out free lollies. Finally, the dentist on the other side of Queens Drive (Dr. Foster, I think he was called) was an utter cunt.

Not surprised, but it makes me sad hearing it comming from our socalled "captain"....

Quote from an article in the Guardian:

-Gerrard does not hesitate to declare international football a greater priority. "When I join up with England these games are bigger than Champions League games or league games," said. "You're representing your country. If you go to a major tournament and play well or achieve something as a team it's going to be a lot bigger than achieving something at your club."-

Well, well so much for the theory about local lads being more committed and pationate than the foreign "mercenaries".....

I really hope Ingurland don't make it to the Euros, I really really do......

Fcuking hell. Live with it or grow up!

You bet your fucking life there would, the Lobster Pot is fucking horrible.

Mind you, I bet he does think it's the best. The tit.....

Brownie, only the fitness part was directed at you, not the rest of it.

For me, the Lobster Pot is the Luis Garcia of chippies... inconsistent, infuriating and a waste of money at times but at others, sublime, sensational and produces the occasional "better than sex" moment.

Incidentally, the chippy by mine (the name escapes me), next door to Bumper on Hardman Street is fucking ace.