You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Derby Match Thread

RedAdmiral

Quite surprised all the above team selections include Steve G.

Given Raffa’s frequent comments about resting players after tiring med-week matches in Europe, Steve’s current dip in form and the two big games due next week, I expect him to be one of our subs.

I hope Momo and the Chief start in midfield and fancy us for a 1-0 victory.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah if theres ever a chance we might see the Stevie 'of old' crashing into tackles and rampaging round the pitch to prove a point this would be it.

I don't fancy Yosser in this one though, someone on the shite will crunch him, the whole of goodison will have a big orgasm off it and then yosser will probably shit himself the rest of the game. I think the wolf man would be good up with Torres also.

You seem orgasmic when we lose or play badly.[/QUOT

You seem to be confused between intense anger and intense joy. When Liverpool play shite I am the former (the norm these days). When Liverpool play good attractive attacking football, I am the latter (this should be the norm:angry: ).

Sorry.. should look like this

--------------------------Reina-------------------------

---------------Carragher---------Hyypia----------------

Finnan------------------------------------------Arbeloa

---------------Alonso---------Mascherano--------------

----------------------Gerrard---------------------------

Benayoun------------------------------------------Babel

------------------------Torres--------------------------

I'd go with that, also with Sissoko coming in if Alonso isn't fit. Personally, I think the loss of Alonso has been critical to our poor form recently - I wonder if Rafa thinks the same. If so then he may well be risked

I just want it to be over and for us not to be humilitated like fucking chimps again.

Some great sides being picked here, the one with a tight three of SG, Xabi and The Cheif augmented by Yossi and Ryan supporting Nino would really send a message to them; they would shit themselves but who can realistically predict how he's going to set teams up nowadays?

Last year was horrible and was a critical points loss as well.

Fight for the shirt and our pride first, then play what football we can when we get our spells.

I believe we should play those that are going to get the Everton defence/midfield sent off. Benayoun and Babel should play with Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso, wih the usual available suspects at the back. Don't play Pennant, he won't last 45 minutes. If they lose more players than us, we'll win the game.

One thing that this team has always done under Rafa is they always put in a performance when the odds are against them. Most blue noses think that they have a great chance of beating us tomorrow, and most pundits are going for either a draw or an Everton victory, which is why I'm sure we will get the win we so badly need. Fuck being worried, I just cant wait to see Torres against Stubbs.

-------------------------Dirk--------------Torres--------------------------------

-------------Riise-------Gerrard-------Momo-----------Pennant------------------

-------------Arbeloa----Carra----------Sami-----------Finnan---------------------

-------------------------------Pepe----------------------------------------------

I think Alonso will start instead of Sissoko, otherwise this could be it. I also think he'll use Dirk "between the lines".

The back four is given, and I'm 100 % sure Riise will play LM. Can't believe the number of people advocating a start for Babel at LW at the Pit. He'll get raped, not a physical player at all from what I've seen. Besides they'll play deep, so not much space for him.

If Torres is not fully fit, I'm afraid Rafa'll try the Kuyt/Voronin combo again. Dirk is a definite starter I think, given his workrate and physical play. Don't think Big Pete will be given more than 10-15 minutes, depending on the scoreline.

Gerrard should be given first half to show what Mersey derbies are about, if his abysmal form is not shaken off, get Momo in.

If everyone was fit (minus Agger and Kewell), I'd go with

Reina

Finnan Carra Hyypia Arbeloa

Pennant Gerrard Alonso Sissoko Riise

Torres

But I doubt the boss will listen to me:-)

Quite surprised all the above team selections include Steve G.

Given Raffa’s frequent comments about resting players after tiring med-week matches in Europe, Steve’s current dip in form and the two big games due next week, I expect him to be one of our subs.

I hope Momo and the Chief start in midfield and fancy us for a 1-0 victory.

If he benches Gerrard and we lose I wouldnt like to see the backlash.