You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

my mum works with a muslim and he eats marsbars and stuff during ramadan. apparently you can only eat when you can see the moon (meaning night time) and he used to put a coat over his head and eat and thought he got away with it. what a joker ay!?!?!

do you find that many muslims arent't as strict now a days rash?

What does Eid Mubarak mean then Rash, just "Happy end of Ramadan" or something?

I am doing my own fast next week for a blood test and am already dreading it. And I'll be asleep for most of the fast, and allowed water too. I couldn't cope with a month of it so well done.

Mubarak = Best Wishes/Thanks/Thanks Giving - you get the drift.

Eid - There are two Eid's one marking the end of Ramadan (Eid Ul Fitr) and one which is on it's own 2 months and 10 days after Ramadan (Eid Ul Adhar).

my mum works with a muslim and he eats marsbars and stuff during ramadan. apparently you can only eat when you can see the moon (meaning night time) and he used to put a coat over his head and eat and thought he got away with it. what a joker ay!?!?!

do you find that many muslims arent't as strict now a days rash?

People are far stricter now than they were 10 years ago, and I think the "Global War on Terror" has given Islam even more of a platform and made Muslims stick together more and appreciate our religion.

I am not strict at all, I only do the basics. The vast majority of Muslim's although not praying every day, do actually fast. I don't know any that don't except for those who are ill. There are many who don't fast and who hide and eat, it's pathetic really cos why hide? If you believe in God, you cannot hide from him.

I've fasted a few times as my mothers side is entirely muslim. Fucks up your metabolism thats the only problem. For those who want to try it; first few days it's hard but it's all in the mind and after a week it'll run smooth. I wouldnt recommend it to builders and those who do hard manual work. The food (mid-east cuisine) is always awesome and I always try to be back home for Eid.

Rashid: what food did you have for Eid?

I've fasted a few times as my mothers side is entirely muslim. Fucks up your metabolism thats the only problem. For those who want to try it; first few days it's hard but it's all in the mind and after a week it'll run smooth. I wouldnt recommend it to builders and those who do hard manual work. The food (mid-east cuisine) is always awesome and I always try to be back home for Eid.

Rashid: what food did you have for Eid?

We are just about to eat, Roast Chicken (Indian Style) with spicy mince stuffing. The usual pilao rice, roti, curry etc too... I have to say though, nobody eats like we do from the sub-continent!

Mubarak = Best Wishes/Thanks/Thanks Giving - you get the drift.

Eid - There are two Eid's one marking the end of Ramadan (Eid Ul Fitr) and one which is on it's own 2 months and 10 days after Ramadan (Eid Ul Adhar).

Rashid,

Eid Mubarak means: "Have a blessed holiday" not

" Best Wishes/Thanks/Thanks Giving - you get the drift.”

Football or Islam, you haven’t got a bloody clue!

Meanwhile, Eid Mubarak from a pig eating infedel

Rashid,

Eid Mubarak means: "Have a blessed holiday" not

" Best Wishes/Thanks/Thanks Giving - you get the drift.”

Football or Islam, you haven’t got a bloody clue!

Meanwhile, Eid Mubarak from a pig eating infedel

Which part of Eid and Mubarak means "holiday"? I will tell you, none of the two words mean that.

"Eid" is translated in Arabic as "festivity" or "celebration"... (Muslims celebrate two major religious holidays, known as Eid al-Fitr (which takes place after Ramadan), and Eid al-Adha (which occurs at the time of the Hajj).

And in Arabic Mubarak = Translates to Happy. Blessed or Fortunate.

Eid Mubarak = Happy Celebration or something like that.

Sounds quality..my mum is an expert in arab/lebanese food and she always feeds me well whenever I'm home. I will actually starve myself for a day before next time I return back home

Lebanese food rocks, it totally does. Blood hell, how MUCH meat can one man eat?

'Eid a Thanksgiving Day

'Eid a Day of remembrance

'Eid a Day of victory

'Eid a Harvest Day

'Eid a Day of forgiveness

'Eid a Day of peace

Please Don't Forget the Plight of Muslims in your Dua's "And Seek (Allah's) help with Sabr (patience) and Salat (prayers): it is indeed hard, except to those who are humble" (Qur'an Al-Baqara 2:45)

If God brings you to it,

He will bring you through it.

In Happy moments, praise God.

In Difficult moments, seek God.

In Quiet moments, worship God.

In Painful moments, trust God.

In Every moment, thank God.

Wishing you a very Happy Eid Mubarak.

Prayer for the forumites. ;)

May the Mercy & Blessing's of the Almighty be with you, your family, and friends during this auspicious Eid Blessings Day and continue to be always, and May Allah (swt) have accepted all our prayers/duas during this blessed month of Ramadan, insha'Allah (God Willing).

May your year ahead continue to be filled with a healthy, wealthy, and prosperity life, and May you have a Joyous and Spirited Eid Mubarak (Blessings) day with all your dear ones, including people of all faiths and humanity, filled with Love, Peace, and Happiness .... Ameen

Which part of Eid and Mubarak means "holiday"? I will tell you, none of the two words mean that.

"Eid" is translated in Arabic as "festivity" or "celebration"... (Muslims celebrate two major religious holidays, known as Eid al-Fitr (which takes place after Ramadan), and Eid al-Adha (which occurs at the time of the Hajj).

And in Arabic Mubarak = Translates to Happy. Blessed or Fortunate.

Eid Mubarak = Happy Celebration or something like that.

The literal translation is ambiguous.

In the context of Ramadan it is specific: Have a blessed holiday.

Anyway, lets be friends.

You must be hungry, would you like a pork chop?

The literal translation is ambiguous.

In the context of Ramadan it is specific: Have a blessed holiday.

Anyway, lets be friends.

You must be hungry, would you like a pork chop?

Mubarak is used for many things though, e.g. During last month everyone was saying "Ramadan Mubarak" - the word Mubarak is like a thanks giving to God for the blessed time. The first word can be anything.

I wouldn't mind a pork chop now that the blessed month's over, I quite fancy that Kelly Brooke.

Best wishes to you and yours Rash and to all Muslim Reds.

This thread's got me craving a trip to our local Lebanese Restaurant. Their Becca Valley Red is ace too but that's, er, not very Muslim.

Anyhow does this mean Momo won't be shite anymore? :whistle:

Sounds quality..my mum is an expert in arab/lebanese food and she always feeds me well whenever I'm home. I will actually starve myself for a day before next time I return back home

There are a couple of lebanese restaurants in Stockholm and they are fucking ACE. I often shop at the arab shops in town because they have ace stuff. the syrupy filo cakes are ace.