You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

stop moaning nob jockeys

DalyanPete

and ny then we werent anywhere near winning cups and were struggling to finish in the top 4 against a declining newcastle team.

How many of Ged's players were on the pitch in Istanbul? 'Anywhere near winning cups' is total bollix. I'd have not been surprised if he got us to Cardiff once more.

:thumbsup: Top post... and very true.

Except I do think we have much better players now, a better manager and we do hold our own against the top sides in Europe.

But we still struggle at times against shit sides in the league.

OK, we're only six games into the season, we're only 4 points behind Arsenal and it's a long way from the end of the world or the end of the season, but if a title challenge is what we're going to mount that gap needs to get smaller whereas in previous seasons we've just watched it get larger as the season has gone on.

In my opinion it's way too early for any kind of meaningful assessmnent, but I can't really have a go at anyone who's getting feelings of deja-vu again - I understand the doubts and that they're based in the experiences of recent seasons and not in relentless negativity with no clear cause.

How many of Ged's players were on the pitch in Istanbul? 'Anywhere near winning cups' is total bollix. I'd have not been surprised if he got us to Cardiff once more.

There is no way GED would have won the CL with those same players. Plus I doubt Houllier would have bought Alonso and Garcia who were crucial to us winning it. If Houllier had of lost Owen like Rafa did the his whole plan A, B and C would be out of the window.

I do agree with you about style of play and being a cup team, and also shit results against shit teams, except we now also have an abysmal record against the top teams. All thungs considered we are a million times better than under GH especially as the PL bar has been raised so high, but still a way to go.

You weren't actually one of the people I was referring to. Although it was a bit of a rant and not that clear, the point you were making was something slightly different and not something that has been repeated ad finitum.

My knee-jerk comment was more a reference to the general extra threads that pop up when we don't have a resounding performance and victory.

fair enough, there is always going to be a knee jerk reaction though, were all passionate about it, when we win we'll over do it and when we lose or draw, we'll over analyse it.

There is no way GED would have won the CL with those same players. Plus I doubt Houllier would have bought Alonso and Garcia who were crucial to us winning it. If Houllier had of lost Owen like Rafa did the his whole plan A, B and C would be out of the window.

I do agree with you about style of play and being a cup team, and also shit results against shit teams, except we now also have an abysmal record against the top teams. All thungs considered we are a million times better than under GH especially as the PL bar has been raised so high, but still a way to go.

agreed.

he shouldnt be sacked but he should be criticised

whats wrong with saying stop rotating? it hasnt worked for him before (at Liverpool anyway)

you wouldnt even think about it if comentators stopped going on about it.

last nights commentator kept going on about the embarrasement of riches at rafas disposal, then questions why rotation.

noone would ever sign if they thought they wouldnt get a game.

oh and scott carson you can fuck off

you wouldnt even think about it if comentators stopped going on about it.

last nights commentator kept going on about the embarrasement of riches at rafas disposal, then questions why rotation.

noone would ever sign if they thought they wouldnt get a game.

oh and scott carson you can fuck off

personally, if their wasnt so much focus on this by the media, id probably be more pissed off with rafa changing things. i just hate the way the media get on his back and make an issue out of every fooking aspect of his style, funny they never talk about zonal marking anymore, until we lose a game as a result of a setpiece, when we win, he gets minimal credit and when we lose rafa takes all this stick and snidy comments from absolute no marks in the media. the players NEVER get any flack off the media, unless its a low profile player.

i put some of the blame on the "superstar" syndrome thats taken over the popular views on football. ie some people never have a bad game in some pundits eyes.