You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

I know it's America and its slightly different rules over there, however, I think whatever the answer to those questions is, that the answer still wouldn't be to get a gun and shoot an unarmed man.

Perhaps go in and ring the police instead of getting a gun?

Well, that’s looking at it without ever being in that situation, and hoping that I would do the exactly that.

However, we don’t know what’s gone on in the longer build up to that specific moment. It’s easy to be judge, jury and executioner on a 3-5 minute video clip. There are hundreds of questions that need to be asked about tue lead up before you get to the shooting. 

13 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

We’ve done this already. He has no right to be on the property.  The kid isn’t there, he tells us that. 

He was killed after he grabbed a gun. Something you were on board with earlier in the week.  

He didn't have hold of the gun and there were a couple of metres between the shooter and the victim. So not sure what relevance grabbing the gun has. The shooter could have held the gun up and shot if the victim tried to close the distance, but he didn't. He had the gun and made a choice under no immediate threat to shoot and kill a man.

10 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Well, that’s looking at it without ever being in that situation, and hoping that I would do the exactly that.

However, we don’t know what’s gone on in the longer build up to that specific moment. It’s easy to be judge, jury and executioner on a 3-5 minute video clip. There are hundreds of questions that need to be asked about tue lead up before you get to the shooting. 

What sort of things leading up to this would justify, in the context of whats seen on the video, him shooting him rather than ringing the police. I guess if he doesn't have a phone or mobile but seems unlikely.

7 minutes ago, John102 said:

What sort of things leading up to this would justify, in the context of whats seen on the video, him shooting him rather than ringing the police. I guess if he doesn't have a phone or mobile but seems unlikely.

Whoever is in the house had his mobile to film him killing Chad. Had no choice but to kill him rather than call the police. Or that's what he wants us to believe...

8 minutes ago, John102 said:

Harassment by the Dad, jealousy, bitter divorce, threats made previously by the Dad to name a few. 

4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Whoever is in the house had his mobile to film him killing Chad. Had no choice but to kill him rather than call the police.

Maybe they were collecting evidence like the victims partner/friend in the car was. There is clearly more to this than just this  interaction.

Wether we personally think it’s justified based on that video alone is moot. There is a story, that we don’t know that has happened in the build up to this. 

27 minutes ago, Pidge said:

He didn't have hold of the gun and there were a couple of metres between the shooter and the victim. So not sure what relevance grabbing the gun has. The shooter could have held the gun up and shot if the victim tried to close the distance, but he didn't. He had the gun and made a choice under no immediate threat to shoot and kill a man.

Are you watching the same video as me? He said he’d take the gun off him and shoot him with it. He tried to take it off him, there’s the threat. He was shot about half a second later. Does he have to wait to be attacked again?  No, no he doesn’t. 

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you watching the same video as me? He said he’d take the gun off him and shoot him with it. He tried to take it off him, there’s the threat. He was shot about half a second later. Does he have to wait to be attacked again?  No, no he doesn’t. 

He should have to, in my opinion, yeah. He has the gun and a lot of options to control the situation before executing a guy. That's why I said "immediate threat".

9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

He should have to, in my opinion, yeah. He has the gun and a lot of options to control the situation before executing a guy. That's why I said "immediate threat".

You mean like firing a warning shot? Which he’d already done and was then attacked.  

Just now, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Come on now, you can read. 

John asked what sort of things would justify this, you listed some things including bitter divorce. I’m not sure how you can say that’s not what you said unless you’re joking. 

31 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I listed, I didn’t say they were justified. 

Erm ok. 

28 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Telling him he's bought him a half season ticket to watch Everton as his Christmas present? 

Well he should still be sent down, for only shooting him once.