You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So which Chelsea players do we take?

KevieG

If we were talking about players who would strengthen our team i would say probably the following players -

John Terry and Ashley Cole would make our defence even stronger

Essien i think is a superb player and a midfield combination of him and Gerrard would take some beating.

Drogba alongside Torres would be some striker partnership as both have pace, power and strength.

If we were talking about players who i would sign from Chelsea i would say only Essien as i rate him very highly but its not exactly a position we are weak in.

Players who'd strengthen us off the top of my head: Cech, Terry, Cole, Carvalho, Cole, Essien, Drogba, Shevchenko, SWP, Malouda.

Players I'd sign: not a one.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players who'd strengthen us off the top of my head: Cech, Terry, Cole, Carvalho, Cole, Essien, Drogba, Shevchenko, SWP, Malouda.

Players I'd sign: not a one.

Would prefer Reina over Cech, Carra or Agger over Carvalho.

The wings situation for me is a difficult one because Pennant has upped his game and there isnt much to choose between him and SWP.

Malouda is a top player playing in his prime but i have high hopes for Babel.

They don't need to sell anyone, it's Mourinho that's left not the Oil thief (allegedly).

But hypothetically, I'd take none of them. Tainted goods as for as I'm concerned - it's not because they've played for Chelsea either, I couldn't less about that. They're not the Mancs or Everton.

It's the way they've behaved on the pitch, the diving, the cheating, the way the bitch and moan about everything. I could never get that out of my mind and that's why I wouldn't want any of them in a red shirt.

Guest Nowhere Man
Ahhh mister hardman ,Is this your first ever post that didn't end with you calling a forumite a cunt ?? well done , looks like the verve were wrong ,the drugs do work

Sort your punctuation out, you twitching paddy prick.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2007/20071018_160516Dev.html

Drogba on the way out.

Babelfish translation below:

idèle with a principle learned in Marseilles and often applied to the ground, Didier Drogba *, one of the applicants to the next Gold FF Balloon, likes to go right to the goal. Without taking turning, just sometimes short cuts. Shaken by the departure of Mourinho now a month ago, the attacker of the Blues reveals during a long maintenance to appear in the edition of France Football of this Friday a secrecy which had already tapped it for several months: it decided to leave Chelsea at the end of the season. "I from now on arrived from there at a stage where I have the impression not to more have to prove here", explains Drogba. "It is necessary that I will see elsewhere. I spent time before liking this club of Chelsea. But now, I believe that it is the hour to pass to another thing." And to support its speech, like avoiding any misunderstanding: "My decision is made. Nothing will be able any more to retain me here. I know that Ronaldinho and Kaka are announced here for the next season. But that will not change anything with my desire. From here some time, one will sit down around a table with my leaders (note: an appointment could be fixed as of this week) for all to put flat. They know my starting intentions now. But I will not return on top. Undoubtedly because it also of broke there something with Chelsea." Under contract still until 2010, Didier Drogba, disappointed by divisions of the cloakroom which followed the ousting of Special One, does not aspire from now on that as well as possible to finish his last exercise with the Blues before going to try his chance either in Italy or in Spain. "My dream is to gain Calcio, the Cut of Italy or Liga and the Cut of the King", entrust it. "I need new challenges, of new horizons and these two countries attract me vraiment.(...) I need a club for which I am ready to break me a leg to gain. I want rejouer with my tripe within a club which makes me dream. For me, there are not fifty clubs likely to cause as much passion, only four: Milan AC, it Inter, Barça and Real. More Marseilles. It is necessary that that sparkles, that that moves." That it is reassured: with a similar standpoint, that should move around him in the next days. To read Friday in France Football the maintenance carried out by Pascal Shoed with Didier Drogba, "something of broken with Chelsea". * Next 3 November, the Magazine Team leaves a special number devoted to Didier Drogba, accompanied by a 120 minutes DVD recalling the advent of the phenomenon of the Ivory Coast, through new images and confessions.

Players that would go straight into our first 11 (CL final line up)

1 Ashely cole, the player that would improve the team the most

2 Joe Cole

3 Drogba

Would Cech, Carvalho, Terry, Essien and SWP replace what we already have I dont think so

But the above 3 cunts would most defo improve us beyond all recognition

Putting to one side hatred and personal distaste, I'd have Drogba and Essien as my first two picks, because they are simply superb footballers.

In terms of what we badly need (a decent fucking winger or two) then Malouda and maybe Cole/ SWP would be next.

Ashley Cole or Bridge to cover LB.

And finally Carvalho and Terry to cover Carra and Agger.

That's bout it, we don't need Cech. Mikel's a fat, thick cunt. Makelele's about 103, and while I do think Lampard's goals are a fantastic addition to any team, if we had to take on any CM it would be Essien, and we already have Gerrard, Alonso and Masher, so we can't carry any more.

The rest are ordinary

I dont see Essien getting in the team unless your prepared to sell stevie G.

Mascherano is a better defensive midfield and Xabi a better passer, Essien would be perfect to replace stevie though

Yes with all those goals he scores, and the crosses he puts in ;)

Yes with all those goals he scores, and the crosses he puts in ;)

You should perhaps take into consideration his goal record the last season he played for Lyon (when/where he was playing much the same position Stevie is here), 10 goals in 46 appearances, leageue and CL only. Before you start your French league bashing 5 of the goals were in the CL - from 10 apps. For nearly a season he has been shifted around in Chelsea team to cover for injured players, RB, CB, DM instead of his preferred role (which is actually a 2 man central midfield partnership - at least I imagine so). He still managed 7 goals last season, I'd settle for that given the amount of defensive work he puts in.

Malouda would of course be the first I'd bring in, as I've been harping on about him whole summer:sleep: He would make a difference for us, Essien might not (unless Stevie's form continues to drop/suck....). I actually think he'll leave if Drogba leaves.