You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arbeloa...

RedBrian84

Top signing is Albert. I'm backing him to do an Agger this season and make himself indispensible. I think it's Riise who should be looking over his shoulder more than Finnan in the short term, but I think he'll do fine on the right as well. Remember the performance against Arsenal at home in the league last season? In fact I seem to remember him having a good understanding with Pennant in a few games now, although my head is feeling too non-specific this morning to back it up very well.

when I saw this I thought we had a player, he was very good so it's great to see him build on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcdrfAobGdc

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No; the point that was being made was the wheras Riise lamps the ball clear/up front/into the stands out of defence, Arbeloa is always looking to play the ball out- he likes to dribble, get forward, look for a pass, and take players on.

Riise has different qualities, and as a full back he is not as good as Albert, who is definitly making that left-back slot his own now. I'm actually quite glad we didn't sign Heinze to be honest, because judging by what Arbeloa has given us so far he's definitly a better full back than Heinze.

Tend to agree with what you say but I'd still say Riise carries more of a goal threat so as an attacking full back will produce more. However, Albert would be my choice every time as I have always had doubts about riise's defensive qualities.

Tend to agree with what you say but I'd still say Riise carries more of a goal threat so as an attacking full back will produce more. However, Albert would be my choice every time as I have always had doubts about riise's defensive qualities.

riise carries more goal threat but arbeloa is much more head up riise puts the blinkers on when he gets anywhere NEAR go unfortunately his stats are 1 goal every 50 shots (again for the people at the back 1 goal every FIFTY shots) I want AA to start ahead of riise NO question.

How long before he gets an international call, you reckon? Seems to me like Spanish players playing abroad tend to have a much harder time getting international recognition for some reason, but he has to be close now. Who are the first choice full backs for Spain at the moment?

Hmm I can't be arsed going back through all your posts. But someone was pretty critical of him on here, maybe more like four weeks ago and I was fairly certain it was you.

You're wrong, you know. And you don't have to go through all of someone's posts: you can use the power of searching. All posts by user stringvest, with the keyword Arbeloa, in all forums, shown as posts should do it.

riise carries more goal threat but arbeloa is much more head up riise puts the blinkers on when he gets anywhere NEAR go unfortunately his stats are 1 goal every 50 shots (again for the people at the back 1 goal every FIFTY shots) I want AA to start ahead of riise NO question.

Riise carries more 'spectacular' goal threat, but the numbers he scores seems to get lower by the year. IMHO Riise is the worst player we have right now, and I for one would not miss him too much if he was to get sold. He is wasteful in possession and gets caught out of position far too often.

During the Feyenord game I was very worried that AA was Josemi part two, aka start well and get continuously worse. Drenthe took him apart on a number of occasions and he had a 'mare. Since the start of the season he has been an absolute revelation at RB (superb against Toulouse), CB (cameo against Sunderland), and can I just say thank the heavens that we do not always have to rely on JAR>

When Arbeloa gets the ball and crosses the halfway line he looks to pass to the winger then overlap or looks infield whereas Riise as soon as he crosses the halfway line he decides to shoot.

Okay we have all witnessed Riise score some great goals but fucking hell he wastes possession so many times.

• 4 months later...