You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arbeloa...

RedBrian84

I haven't made up my mind about Albert, yet - although I leaning towards rating him. He was ace in his first performance at left back against Barca, but has had a couple of wobbles too. He actually looks better on the left than on the right.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't made up my mind about Albert, yet - although I leaning towards rating him. He was ace in his first performance at left back against Barca, but has had a couple of wobbles too. He actually looks better on the left than on the right.

He's been ace in near enough every game he's played, look at the team selections of the matches he's been poor in. It's been reserve teams especially in defence.

Not really - Evra was quality and a snip at £7M, forget hindsight it was a mistake not buying him. Rafa has bought several full backs and none are really top drawer are they?

Well, he bought Josemi who started off well and then tailed off. Then he swapped him for Kromkamp because he knew that he could make a profit on him. Then he bought Arbeloa who has been really good by all accounts and has loaned Insua who is 18 years old and looks very promising. Which shit full backs that Rafa has bought have I missed out?

CL Semi final at stamford bridge springs to mind

Yeah, i think that was due to a lack of experience though Nick. He should of known he didn't have the pace tot rack Cole all the way back, he should of gave himself a yard or two. But, we ended up winning on another class European night at Anfield, so.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this thread deserves a bump. Arbeloa has effortlessly slotted in at left back, at the same time as our defence completely shutting up shop. We have have only let in two penalties (one ridiculous and one soft).

I reckons he's dislodged Riise from left back.*

* Cue Rafa to select JAR for the next game.

He's been our best defender this season in my opinion. And thats not an easy thing to be.

I was worried towards the end of last season but he seems to have got back to the form he showed against Barca in those 2 games in the Champions League. I'd guess thats because he's better suited to left back for a reason I cannot fathom.

From what I saw of the game yesterday, he was MOM. I like him a lot, although the reasons I like him are exactly the same reasons I like Riise (and you could argue their deficiencies are the same).

Awful first touch - no

Horribly one footed - no

Appalling distribution - no

Defensively suspect - no

What on earth are you talking about?