You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shittest buy of the summer

Duff Man

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of the mentioned deals.

But will add some more in case the poll goes ahead.

Villa have done some excellent "business":

Nigel "moaning faced" Reo-Coker - £8M for a moody little shit, did anyone see his face when he was signing he couldn't have looked more pissed off if he tried. Not a bad little player but not worth £8M and certainly not with his attitude.

Marlon Harewood - £4M (have managers not learned their lesson he's no PL forward)

Owen fucking Hargreaves, what a thouroghly shit player and proving once again (after Carrick and Veron, and Taibi to name a few), that the Mancs have more money than sense.

Nonsense. Hargreaves is a very good defensive midfielder, and will improve united's team.

And it's Bramble all day for me.

Richardson. What the fuck was Keane thinking?

I reckon he was thinking about how he was West Brom's Player of the Season a couple of years ago while on loan there. He'll be very good for Sunderland. If Keane sets his side up right, Chopra will score plenty, too. Both of those signings are modest, to say the least. However, he'll struggle to attract bigger and better players there until he's proven what he can do in the top flight. These two could be very canny signings in that regard.

Hargreaves and Bent are both very good buys, they're just easy figures to slag off - I'd agree that 6 million on Mido looks demented, and I'm not sure Lawrie Sanchez's policy of buying the Northern Ireland team is going to have a lot of joy either. I think Wigan have bought some real cackers this time too.

Most of the obvious ones mentioned.

There's quite a few very average relegation fighters around the £4m mark

Konchesky, Healy, Jagielka, Koumas, Kamara (£6m!), Harewood. All huge gambles.

But the most disastrous move of the summer has got to be Beckham to LA. To put yourself through that amount of humiliation for your wife's career must be true love.

Most of the obvious ones mentioned.

There's quite a few very average relegation fighters around the £4m mark

Konchesky, Healy, Jagielka, Koumas, Kamara (£6m!), Harewood. All huge gambles.

But the most disastrous move of the summer has got to be Beckham to LA. To put yourself through that amount of humiliation for your wife's career must be true love.

Good thinking on Beckham. He will be playing in front of Championship level crowds at a low-ish Championship level standard. He will lose his recently reclaimed England place, and when they realise he has no tricks, no real pace and doesn't score very many, the fans will wonder why the hoopla.

As for the Premier League, I think Lawrie Sanchez is poor in the market. It's already been said, but his policy of buying the Northern Ireland team will land them in trouble at Prem level. Al Fayed may come to realise what a decent young manager Coleman was.

Sanchez will take Fulham down and I will be happy, not least for the FA Cup final goal against us.

Anderson at 17m and not just cos its the Mancs (although that makes it sweeter) Just that a he isnt any better than they have already looks like he will be a better diver than Greg Luganis and will be sent off for it i'm sure

but Mido for 6m is running it a close second, even at his best the fee would be on the steep side but when you take into the fact he is a cunt and sometimes a big fat cunt who can cause Murder in an empty house it smacks of Steve Bruce's resignation letter

Why do some here laugh at the bitters for bringing up shit from years ago, and then do the same themselves? The FA Cup Final is long gone, and sounding like a bitter over one goal 19 years ago is small time.

For Sanchez, that was the peak of his career, the best he ever got to be as a player. He's had to wait a long time for his moment as a manager. And let's face it, getting a small team like Northern Ireland to the top of a qualifier league that Spain and Sweden are in, is incredible, no matter what way you look at it. They're third now, but Sanchez can say he led them to the top. That was his moment again. And who knows when or if he'll ever have another one. Avoiding relegation with Fulham may possibly be it, but hardly a sparkling endorsement.

For Liverpool, it was one lost, but then, when we're in European Cup Finals and a few more FA Cup Finals again, the one lost in 1988 is merely a statistic. The club have moved on from that time almost 20 years ago, but looks like some fans haven't.

This is not in any way intended to be personal, towards you, G Richards or anyone else. I'm merely pointing out that we laugh at the bitters for their small time attitude, but some of us do it ourselves, when we've got more to be happy about than digging up 20 year old shit.

Bramble all the way.

If things go wrong for Beckham such as his team mates resenting his massive wages (apparently they already do) and the fact that he isn't as influential as Pele or Cruyff then I can see the American press and fans turning against him. He'll also regret leaving Madrid where he finally got recognition from his team mates and fans even before they won the league, he could have easily played on for 2 more seasons or gone to another strong league in Europe but going to play in America is an overhyped waste of time imo.

Agree about Sanchez, just let Wimbledon have their day, he has actually done really well for N. Ireland, just because he scored against us doesn't mean we should hate him forever.