You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red nose day gets on my..

Stouffer

Yet they got off their arses and did something to raise money. Surely it would have been easier for him to do nothing and just do his normal job but instead they raised half a million quid.

That is his normal job Cardie. The do these karaoke things quite regularly. He won't have been given much of a choice about it. He has an audience of millions and millions, I'll be interested to see how much he cares in August about reminding people about it. People don't want to be reminded though, it's unpalatable to remind them, kids with aids isn't something people want to hear about regularly. About once a year will do.

Most of the money was from people texting in to win once in a lifetime prizes on the radio, very charitable.

I'm glad Comic Relief happens but it really shouldn't have to.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason it pisses me off with regards to their huge wealth, is that the Africa debate (unlike, say Children In Need) centres around the uneven distribution of wealth and fortune in the world.

You've basically got someone telling you (usually patronisingly) that the west is shitting all over the third world, and that you and I have a part to play in that. I find it ironic that the people who are commenting on fair/unfair distribution of wealth and life chances are people who have a dozen houses in six different countries, and whose children have the kind of life chances mine will never have.

Its like a Roman Emperor trying to send the man in the street on a guilt trip about the plight or Leapers.

I still don't get it mate. Do they have to be paupers before they can try to alter opinions then?

How much do you think it would cost to book Bono for X hours of personal appearances if X is the time he spends doing work on this?

I'd say the debate is more about uneven opportunity too, I'm not going to hold it against someone for selling a shitload of albums then trying to do something good.*

*The Borrell exclusion clause may be invoked at any time.

I didn't think it was bad taste at all, I thought it was just very funny and was poking fun at the celebrity publicity whores and not comic relief.

"A lot of people are less fortunate than you are"

"Most people"

Absolute genius.

It actually took me a minute to get it - i thought first off all - man he isnt actually there, he looks stuck on - then the penny dropped - brilliant, there's so many people on here that hate gervais, i think he is an absolute legend..

Thought Tony Blair was a good sport as well...

it was hilarious - border line bad taste, loved it!

Borat was the borderline bad taste - Graham Norton was wincing at Borat's remarks about their telethon containing a sponsored anal sex marathon and people paying money to throw potatos at disabled kids in an orphanage . . . that was why he was on after midnight !

Did anyone see Nan on Deal or No Deal - i wanted to see that but was too knackered to last that late.

Borat was the borderline bad taste - Graham Norton was wincing at Borat's remarks about their telethon containing a sponsored anal sex marathon and people paying money to throw potatos at disabled kids in an orphanage . . . that was why he was on after midnight !

Did anyone see Nan on Deal or No Deal - i wanted to see that but was too knackered to last that late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_bthMflRhU

That is the Deal Or No Deal Comic Relief Clip. It is quite good.