You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

I know all of them bar three, would barely know a single one these days. Sorry, Tony.

I knew all bar one, the woman between Hilda Ogden and Ena Sharples.

Turns out she was a character called Vera Hopkins played by Kathy Staff of Nora Batty fame.

Sad or what.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I knew all bar one, the woman between Hilda Ogden and Ena Sharples.

Turns out she was a character called Vera Hopkins played by Kathy Staff of Nora Batty fame.

Sad or what.

Wasn't sure of the lady next to Stan Ogden or the guy on the far riight

I was shopping in Booths this morning ( Quite a posh shop ) and there is some kind off royal tie-in on Turkish Delights, with crowns all over the wrapper. The middle-aged lady on the checkout says ' Oh I cant wait for the coronation, how about you? '  I say that I couldn't give a toss and would put them all up against a wall if I could. Her mouth just flapped open and shut, and she couldn't formulate a response. She looked close to passing out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I was shopping in Booths this morning ( Quite a posh shop ) and there is some kind off royal tie-in on Turkish Delights, with crowns all over the wrapper. The middle-aged lady on the checkout says ' Oh I cant wait for the coronation, how about you? '  I say that I couldn't give a toss and would put them all up against a wall if I could. Her mouth just flapped open and shut, and she couldn't formulate a response. She looked close to passing out.

Well said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-65276668

A man who threw five eggs at King Charles during a visit to York has been found guilty of a public order offence.

Patrick Thelwell hurled the eggs towards the King and Queen Consort as they arrived at Micklegate Bar on 9 November. All five of the eggs missed.

The 23-year-old was found guilty after a trial at York Magistrates' Court.

Thelwell, who represented himself during the hearing, admitted throwing the eggs, but he claimed it was "lawful violence".

Senior District Judge Paul Goldspring found the defendant guilty of threatening behaviour, saying he had "intended to cause King Charles to believe immediate unlawful violence would be used against him".

Thelwell, who was a student at the University of York at the time of the offence, was given a 12-month community order with 100 hours of unpaid work and ordered to pay costs of £600 and a £114 surcharge at a rate of £5 per week.

Michael Smith, prosecuting, said that as the eggs were thrown, Thelwell shouted offensive remarks about the King, which included accusing the monarch of being "friends with Jimmy Savile".

He said Thelwell was also wearing high-heeled shoes and that he told police this allowed him to see the King through the crowd.

Body-worn camera footage of Thelwell's arrest, which was played in court, showed Thelwell saying: "I threw an egg at him because that's what he deserved.

"It's the only justice victims of colonialism will get."

He also asked: "Did I get him? Next time, someone will."

The court heard that Thelwell signed a custody form after his arrest with an obscenity and a drawing of an egg.

During the trial Thelwell asked Det Con Peter Wilson, giving evidence: "Do you think throwing eggs is serious violence? More than the violence carried out by the British state?" 

Det Con Wilson said he did believe throwing eggs could be violent, but could not comment further.

Thelwell told the court his defence was "that my actions towards the King were lawful violence rather than unlawful violence".

He said he disputed the legitimacy of the court to try him as he said the Crown Prosecution Service worked for the monarchy and that he had "acted out of necessity".

Thelwell criticised the UK's asylum and climate policies, as well as social inequalities, which he said had been worsened by government policies.

"Hundreds of people have contacted me to say they would have done the same thing and they would do the same thing if the King visited their community," he said.

Speaking outside York Magistrates' Court before the verdict, Thelwell had said he had "no regrets and no apology to the King".

Sentencing Thelwell, senior district judge Paul Goldspring said: "This was a gratuitous and pernicious act, particularly the pejorative comments made about the King.

"But the level of violence I accept was low. This was an unprovoked, targeted act against what after all is a 74-year-old man."

Thelwell had arrived at court with a large bag, but the judge told him: "I'm not going to send you to prison."

He said he instead planned to impose an unpaid work order and asked Thelwell: "Do you want to say anything about that? Or are you are just relieved?"

Thelwell laughed and said: "Yes."

He added that he had recently given up his university studies which prompted the judge to ask Thelwell if he had the means to pay the £600 prosecution costs.

Thelwell told the court he had previously been self-employed and asked the judge: "Do you need any gardening doing?"

"Surprisingly not," the judge replied.

The court heard that Thelwell had two previous convictions for public order offences relating to his participation in Extinction Rebellion protests.

19 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-65276668

A man who threw five eggs at King Charles during a visit to York has been found guilty of a public order offence.

Patrick Thelwell hurled the eggs towards the King and Queen Consort as they arrived at Micklegate Bar on 9 November. All five of the eggs missed.

The 23-year-old was found guilty after a trial at York Magistrates' Court.

Thelwell, who represented himself during the hearing, admitted throwing the eggs, but he claimed it was "lawful violence".

Senior District Judge Paul Goldspring found the defendant guilty of threatening behaviour, saying he had "intended to cause King Charles to believe immediate unlawful violence would be used against him".

Thelwell, who was a student at the University of York at the time of the offence, was given a 12-month community order with 100 hours of unpaid work and ordered to pay costs of £600 and a £114 surcharge at a rate of £5 per week.

Michael Smith, prosecuting, said that as the eggs were thrown, Thelwell shouted offensive remarks about the King, which included accusing the monarch of being "friends with Jimmy Savile".

He said Thelwell was also wearing high-heeled shoes and that he told police this allowed him to see the King through the crowd.

Body-worn camera footage of Thelwell's arrest, which was played in court, showed Thelwell saying: "I threw an egg at him because that's what he deserved.

"It's the only justice victims of colonialism will get."

He also asked: "Did I get him? Next time, someone will."

The court heard that Thelwell signed a custody form after his arrest with an obscenity and a drawing of an egg.

During the trial Thelwell asked Det Con Peter Wilson, giving evidence: "Do you think throwing eggs is serious violence? More than the violence carried out by the British state?" 

Det Con Wilson said he did believe throwing eggs could be violent, but could not comment further.

Thelwell told the court his defence was "that my actions towards the King were lawful violence rather than unlawful violence".

He said he disputed the legitimacy of the court to try him as he said the Crown Prosecution Service worked for the monarchy and that he had "acted out of necessity".

Thelwell criticised the UK's asylum and climate policies, as well as social inequalities, which he said had been worsened by government policies.

"Hundreds of people have contacted me to say they would have done the same thing and they would do the same thing if the King visited their community," he said.

Speaking outside York Magistrates' Court before the verdict, Thelwell had said he had "no regrets and no apology to the King".

Sentencing Thelwell, senior district judge Paul Goldspring said: "This was a gratuitous and pernicious act, particularly the pejorative comments made about the King.

"But the level of violence I accept was low. This was an unprovoked, targeted act against what after all is a 74-year-old man."

Thelwell had arrived at court with a large bag, but the judge told him: "I'm not going to send you to prison."

He said he instead planned to impose an unpaid work order and asked Thelwell: "Do you want to say anything about that? Or are you are just relieved?"

Thelwell laughed and said: "Yes."

He added that he had recently given up his university studies which prompted the judge to ask Thelwell if he had the means to pay the £600 prosecution costs.

Thelwell told the court he had previously been self-employed and asked the judge: "Do you need any gardening doing?"

"Surprisingly not," the judge replied.

The court heard that Thelwell had two previous convictions for public order offences relating to his participation in Extinction Rebellion protests.

Excellent stuff.

Screenshot_2023-04-14-23-56-57-17_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-04-14-23-57-25-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, sir roger said:

I love Booths.

Realised that this coronation bollocks is coming round soon so me and Mrs. S' have just booked to spend the weekend in Glasgow in order to avoid it.

On 14/04/2023 at 22:17, sir roger said:

Outstanding mate. 

32E810DB-DFB4-4E66-A135-6CF95346553E.gif

45 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The Guardian are running loads of pieces this week about Charlie’s hidden wealth. Totting up the prices of all the art, jewellery, cars, etc that they’ve received as gifts down the years. There’s a massive grey area over what actually belongs to the state and what belongs to the Windsor twats. 

It all belongs to us.

• Upvote 1