You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

On the BBC website there is a piece by a Mark Austin, Home Editor, which us the most fawning bollocks I have ever heard suggesting the queen would have eased most people's anxieties through the energy crisis etc. I tasted a little bit of sick in my mouth.

This is one of the things that irritates me most....she and all of them for that matter did/do fuck all that really mattered/matters.

Yet the sycophantic, servile, fawning media paint her as some sort of great leader/woman of the people/saviour of the nation.

Absoute fucking bollocks.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

On the BBC website there is a piece by a Mark Austin, Home Editor, which us the most fawning bollocks I have ever heard suggesting the queen would have eased most people's anxieties through the energy crisis etc. I tasted a little bit of sick in my mouth.

Well, she would have done had she used some of her twelvty quadrillion pounds to pay for some people's energy bills I guess.

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

This is one of the things that irritates me most....she and all of them for that matter did/do fuck all that really mattered/matters.

Yet the sycophantic, servile, fawning media paint her as some sort of great leader/woman of the people/saviour of the nation.

Absoute fucking bollocks.

I'm sick of hearing how she served her country and her subjects. Her life just revolved around public engagements all over the world travelling everywhere first class with the best chefs and food on offer. When she wasn't travelling all kver the world she was sitting off in one of her 9 palaces. Whether you'd enjoy that life with the constant spotlight or not it is still extremely privileged. 

It really is stupid to call that work. It's not like she had to take 3 cleaning jobs or had to juggle family commitments with work. 

She's also always used her position to her advantage when avoiding tax or declaring what her wealth is. So how has she served people or helped anyone in any way?

I'm sure she's important to all the old biddies who love her because she represents a bygone era that they enjoyed but anyone younger needs their head testing. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm not having it that she decided that Truss being PM was the reason for saying, 'Right, that's it, I've had enough of this'. Because surely, that trigger point would have been the moment the bumbling buffoon darkened her door, three years ago, or any of the many times since.

Totally pissed off with all this shite as we all are. Went to my local this afternoon which was pretty dead. Anyway had a beer and walked to the loo and passed the TV which is always silent in there. Impossible not to notice the usual fawning going on. Just walked past (bar is pretty empty) and just said 'fuck the queen'. Quietly. 

Came out the loo and there is a couple sitting there and I just said I apologise for my language but not the sentiment.  This bird's gobshite bloke about, 50% bigger than me says you lot boo the national anthem don't you? (I had an LFC shirt on but subtle, small Liver Bird on it). I said yes, ever worked out why?

No response. How the fuck I haven't lost it I do not know why.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Do you read posts before you reply to them?

I'll repeat: there wouldn't be any president, Murdoch approved or otherwise. Nothing that the Royal Family does is of any value whatsoever, so we wouldn't create a new role (of president, or whatever) to do it.

Unless you know differently. 

You seem to be under the illusion that a hereditary monarch is somehow an indispensable protector of our democracy. Please explain how that works.

Actually the Royal Family adds to Britain’s income. Millions of pounds per annum.

If she was so nice why didn't she give away all her money and everything she owns in her will? It's fucking bullshit. She was born into unimaginable wealth and immense privilege. Palaces, castles, servants, carriages, horses, rolls Royce's, land rovers, private planes, private trains, jewels, diamonds, gold, silver, platinum. If she loved 'her people' so much why didn't she let homeless people live in one of her many many many homes? Why didn't she turn one of her many homes into a refuge for battered women? And the way they go on about her war effort like she single handedly flew a Spitfire to the Eagles Nest, parachuted out and strangled Adolf. We barely seen her during Covid, she fucked off and hid in a palace while thousands of 'her people' were dying every week.

I wasn't bothered by the reaction at first, but the longer this nonsense goes on the more wound up I'm getting! Everyone trying to one-up each other about how sad they are and what an impact it's having on their lives. It's like half the country is having some massive attack of mania, and the rest of us are looking on bewildered - but not allowed to say anything. 

Like everything else in this ridiculous country (England - although my miss's family are Northern Irish and to be honest they're as manic about the Royals than anyone, it's fucking mental) it's been jumped on by right wing nationalists.

The irony is that all of these people are using the death of the Queen for themselves. Half of them don't give a shit that she died, they're just using it as an opportunity to push their own twisted shit. 

This country has turned into a proper, tinpot basket case. 

• Upvote 5

Just drafting an email to my director at work:

As a mark of respect for the death of Her Majesty, obviously I won't be working for the next ten days. I trust I will still receive full pay as it would be unpatriotic and disrespectful not to pay one of Her Majesty's subjects. God bless her soul, she was a wonderful woman I'm sure you'll agree. 

Regards.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

They're fucking nuts. The man who made and placed this marmalade sandwich (I believe that's what it is) is an experienced British journalist. 

Christ on a bike!

Like a few of you on here, I am starting to struggle with this ongoing bullshit, I feel I may snap before long!

21 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

If she was so nice why didn't she give away all her money and everything she owns in her will? It's fucking bullshit. She was born into unimaginable wealth and immense privilege. Palaces, castles, servants, carriages, horses, rolls Royce's, land rovers, private planes, private trains, jewels, diamonds, gold, silver, platinum. If she loved 'her people' so much why didn't she let homeless people live in one of her many many many homes? Why didn't she turn one of her many homes into a refuge for battered women? And the way they go on about her war effort like she single handedly flew a Spitfire to the Eagles Nest, parachuted out and strangled Adolf. We barely seen her during Covid, she fucked off and hid in a palace while thousands of 'her people' were dying every week.

I wasn't bothered by the reaction at first, but the longer this nonsense goes on the more wound up I'm getting! Everyone trying to one-up each other about how sad they are and what an impact it's having on their lives. It's like half the country is having some massive attack of mania, and the rest of us are looking on bewildered - but not allowed to say anything

Like everything else in this ridiculous country (England - although my miss's family are Northern Irish and to be honest they're as manic about the Royals than anyone, it's fucking mental) it's been jumped on by right wing nationalists.

The irony is that all of these people are using the death of the Queen for themselves. Half of them don't give a shit that she died, they're just using it as an opportunity to push their own twisted shit. 

This country has turned into a proper, tinpot basket case. 

Is fucking right

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

I'm sick of hearing how she served her country and her subjects. Her life just revolved around public engagements all over the world travelling everywhere first class with the best chefs and food on offer. When she wasn't travelling all kver the world she was sitting off in one of her 9 palaces. Whether you'd enjoy that life with the constant spotlight or not it is still extremely privileged. 

It really is stupid to call that work. It's not like she had to take 3 cleaning jobs or had to juggle family commitments with work. 

She's also always used her position to her advantage when avoiding tax or declaring what her wealth is. So how has she served people or helped anyone in any way?

I'm sure she's important to all the old biddies who love her because she represents a bygone era that they enjoyed but anyone younger needs their head testing. 

Is fucking right

• Upvote 1