You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team for Arsenal

El Rojo

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

christ, this is dire. we can't put two passes together. too many players uncomfortable and jittery in posession like finnan, riise and the pathetic garcia

we're getting overrun and outbattled in midfield, which doesn't say much for the gerrard and alonso partnership. first decent side we've played at home and they can't hack it.

0-2, dudek shite.

i hope motson and lawrenson die very soon.

I would just like to say that arsenal fans are the most origional, funny and wittiest fans in the land.

I was thinking the same. With regards to the match, we were 'controlling' the game but when soft goals are conceded we find ourselves behind with few answers to the problem. Hopefully we'll see Bellamy on before too long, is a draw on the cards?

just not good enough. i hate seeing players on 40 grand a week so fucking tentative in posession. ste finnan looks like he's carrying a bomb every time he gets the ball.

and it doesn't help when you have annoying bastards like garcia constantly trying stupid fucking flicks and giving the ball away.

Riise at fault for the first one, getting dragged all over the place and didn't know his arse from his elbow and the defense at fault for the second, half asleep and for some reason, didn't think Rosicky would be a threat.. They've had alot of joy down the right hand side so far and something needs to be done about that for starters before we conceed more.

You better play better second half reds, because your absolutely shite at the moment, especially Garcia. (You watch, he'll go and score now the cunt).

Pretty much agree with Raddy - Riise his usual hoof it up front or shoot when hes within 40 yrds of the ball - Garcia has been wank and Gonzalez on to give them a bit more to worry about.

Upfront there is little movement and this 1st half has shown how important Bellamy is for us. Kuyt and Crouch are no good against a defence who have a bit of pace themselves as they know none of the Liverpool strikers are going to run by them.

Alonso hasnt had the greatest of first halfs but at least hes getting stuck in there and trying. Kuyt also is trying and im sure will get his reward during the game.

Get Bellamy on and run at Senderos (due to him having a yellow and been wank) early goal and its game on.

Various things to say at this stage:

Firstly, fair play to the BBC for given fulsome coverage and explanation on the protest. Motson even included the fact that McKenzie had worked for the BBC over Christmas. The Kop were fucking magnificent. I was choking up listening to them.

Secondly, that is the most disciplined I've ever seenArsenal play under Wenger. They were rock solid, harrying us in possession and holding their shape brilliantly.

Third, their first goal was brilliant. I don't see what we could possibly have done to stop it. It was a great pass that fooled the entire defence and then it was struck brilliantly and quickly in the one place where Dudek couldn't get to it. The second goal was shoddy though, and I'm blaming Yeshy Dudek (Copyright J. Motson 2007). He could and should have stopped it, regardless of what was happening in front of him defensively.

We deffo need a change of plan to get back into this. We haven't stretched them or put them under pressure once. I certainly think Bellamy has to come out for the second half and we need to see Xabi and Gerrard get a grip of the midfield.

Come on you Reds!!!