You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ricky Gervais' Simpsons episode

cochcaer

gimme South Park any day

Too right. I caught the "Gingervitus" (beware Stu Monty) episode last night and it was flippin hilarious. Cartman going "Red Power!, Red Power" across the schoolyard and defending Gingers as they've contributed to mankind; Ron Howard and erm....

Too right. I caught the "Gingervitus" (beware Stu Monty) episode last night and it was flippin hilarious. Cartman going "Red Power!, Red Power" across the schoolyard and defending Gingers as they've contributed to mankind; Ron Howard and erm....

:D :D :D

Seen that one myself the other day.

Did you see the bit were they batterd that young girl who was playing Annie because she wasn't really ginger? Hilarious!!

The Simpsons is miles better than Balamory. That's about the only way it goes on in our house - as a compromise. The 4-year-old will watch it instead of CBeebies, but if the four year old isn't around then it rarely stays on. It does still make me laugh from time to time, but there is a lot more comedy on here than in that programme.

To be fair I find Balmory unintentionally hilarious. PC Plumb is an incompetent perv who hides in bushes, Miss Hooley is possibly insane, and Archie is clearly mentally retarded.

The Simpsons has been shit for about 5 years, they've completely run out of ideas and it's just not funny anymore.

The worst thing is, they're bringing out a film, which will well and truly kill everything that has been built Simpsons wise.

I watched the Gervais episode and a couple of the others that were on yesterday and I didn't laugh once.

I hope they call it a day very soon.

Could it be we are getting older?? The simpsons whilst always containing some adult humor is aimed more at children. Whilst Family Guy and Southpark are aimed at adult viewers. I would let my 4 year old watch simpsons but not go anywere near south park or family guy. I probbly dont enjoy simpsons as much as i am older although after so long it is probbly getting hard to keep fresh.

Now i love shrek i could watch that all day.

The Gervais episode was indeed tosh, and it has been getting poorer in general for at least 5 years. HOWEVER, this series has been the best in ages. The plots have been a lot more focussed and less random. Apparently they've got a lot of the old writers back in time for the movie.

The Gervais episode was indeed tosh, and it has been getting poorer in general for at least 5 years. HOWEVER, this series has been the best in ages. The plots have been a lot more focussed and less random. Apparently they've got a lot of the old writers back in time for the movie.

Thats good news, but I think its too late for the movie really - though I'll probably go and see it

Is this really surprising? Ricky Gervais can't write gags. Have you ever seen his stand-up routine? It really is cock awful. He has always done well with observational comedy, but then that doesn't require nearly as much talent as writing proper gags - especially ones that aren't cliched or predictable. He has always been overrated in my eyes.

Oh, and The Simpsons has been shit for about three or four seasons now. Definitely time to pull it, imo.

That was class! Cartnman is a bastard but he rules.