You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kewell Kewell Kewell

Stouffer

Guest Gazmo25

I've been impressed by him recently. For all his faults, on his day he is as good as most and if he can stay fit I think we have a player who can win games for us in the same way Garcia has over the last 12 months. Very impressed with the run in the first half when he left Ramage on his arse and I think he gives us something which we don't have when Riise plays down the left.

I nearly fell off me mate's couch with shock when I saw him go past his man yesterday. I can believe, I want to believe, I should believe. But I don't, because I think I'll just end up looking a mug...

I was amazed to read that interview on LFC.TV on 22nd December (I think) when he was saying he's still playing through the pain barrier and hoping for a "breakthrough" with his groin problem. How long has it been now? How many times have I heard it's finally sorted and how we'll see "the real Harry Kewell"? How many times has the next interview been about how it's "flared up again"? This has been dragging on for over a year now for an injury that should take a couple of months to heal, especially in a young man with decent levels of fitness and quality medical advice/treatment.

I just can't help feeling sceptical about it all - maybe someone with more of a medical background than me can explain how it can be so difficult to correctly diagnose and treat this problem?

I was made up when we signed Harry - I thought he was great when he was at Leeds & stood out like a diamond in a pile of shit but whatever the reason I just don't think we're ever going to see that player again. I dunno, maybe I'm just projecting my disappointment onto his performances and looking at them through shite-tinted glasses. I really hope he proves me wrong.

I .

I just can't help feeling sceptical about it all - maybe someone with more of a medical background than me can explain how it can be so difficult to correctly diagnose and treat this problem?

You might mean someone with a psychological background. I promise you he will be fit for the World Cup, though.

Having said that, he was robbed by Given. And he has been playing very well. I just don't think it will last, but as long he can make a contribution and cause defences problems (which will free up other attacking players) then tickety-boo zipe-de-doo-da gigeroo.

A question for the Australians- he muct be quite a blow to teh Austrialian image of machismo with his poncy groin and haircut.

You might mean someone with a psychological background. I promise you he will be fit for the World Cup, though.

Having said that, he was robbed by Given. And he has been playing very well. I just don't think it will last, but as long he can make a contribution and cause defences problems (which will free up other attacking players) then tickety-boo zipe-de-doo-da gigeroo.

A question for the Australians- he muct be quite a blow to teh Austrialian image of machismo with his poncy groin and haircut.

Too much time spent in England. :dunno:

I think he has improved, but he's still not playing that well. Even though I think there are massive question marks over his pace and weight, the greatest impediment to his Liverpool career (indeed any career at the top, which is where a player of his talent should be) is his lack of heart. I really do find it hard to believe he's an Aussie sometimes. Those fuckers hate losing, but I never see that in Kewell.

his lack of heart. I really do find it hard to believe he's an Aussie sometimes. Those fuckers hate losing, but I never see that in Kewell.

He's an Australian footballer; all the sportsmen with heart in Australia play Aussie rules, or rugby, or rugby, or even cricket - the footballers are all either Greek or the equivalent of the fat kid who was always picked last.

Guest kingkewell

i think every match kewell is getting better. Ever since he played agaisnt uraguay for australia hes confidence has been up and hes getting more time on field. good luck to him in future matches.

Guest kingkewell

he still can't get an aggresive shot on goal. I know hes been setting up a few and doing well in the midfield but when is he gonna start scoring a few.

Always an excuse. Clearly dislikes the fans now after istanbul "thousands of doctors" comment. (no Harold, we had had enough) this can be seen every time he walks off.

As I have felt for the last couple of years, talent, but cunt. (something i was told from a leeds fan when he joined and i never believed him!)

Always an excuse. Clearly dislikes the fans now after istanbul "thousands of doctors" comment. (no Harold, we had had enough) this can be seen every time he walks off.

As I have felt for the last couple of years, talent, but cunt. (something i was told from a leeds fan when he joined and i never believed him!)

He's playing well now, so whats the fuckin problem ?

Guest Dancing Dave

He got a standing ovation yesterday, were all those people wrong? Whats more, Mr Benitez picks him, which will do for me. It's old ground, but I was saying to our kid for months that Kewell was injured, he was clearly f*cked in Istanbul so I don't see what the problem is. That said, I still think he plays when it suits him, but recently he's been class.

He got a standing ovation yesterday, were all those people wrong? Whats more, Mr Benitez picks him, which will do for me. It's old ground, but I was saying to our kid for months that Kewell was injured, he was clearly f*cked in Istanbul so I don't see what the problem is. That said, I still think he plays when it suits him, but recently he's been class.

Exactly.

Rafa unlike us get to see him in training, and the amount of time and work he puts in to get himself back to fitness, which clearly must be quite sufficient, as we havent seen him put together a string of quality preformances like this since he first signed. He still havent got that burst of pace which he had earlier on in his career, but it seems to get better with each game.

IMO our best player yesterday.

Agree with that. I thought people were being very unfair to him after Istanbul, because he obviously was injured and was gutted to have to go off.

At least now he's fully fit and letting his football do the talking, rather than telling the press how "the best is yet to come" every few days.

Agree with that. I thought people were being very unfair to him after Istanbul, because he obviously was injured and was gutted to have to go off.

At least now he's fully fit and letting his football do the talking, rather than telling the press how "the best is yet to come" every few days.

Spot on. Always had the talent, it was his commitment/application that was in doubt and that is why the fans gave him a hard time. As Shanks used to say the worst thing a player could so was not try.