You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What was the most depressing thing from our last few league campaigns

sammya

Kevin Lisbie.

Considering a point at St Marys a good result.

Knowing that 1-0 up usually translated into 1-1 or worse.

Knowing that 1-0 down the best that coulod be hoped for was 1-1.

Totally agree with that, NP.

And to add a few:-

Having a bad feeling everytime we play the newly-promoted teams or teams that just changed their managers, teams that were on a losing streak (Sunderland?), teams that were rock bottom, or facing a striker on a goal drought run, knowing that he would score and we would lose.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to Spanish Fan, Chelsea have won ONE league title. To call them the best side the Premiership has ever produced is short sighted to say the least. The points ammassed don't matter, what makes you great is a sustained period of dominance. Untied are by far and away the best side ever in the premiership. And I have just swallowed that hard that my throat hit my stomach.

In response to Spanish Fan' date=' Chelsea have won ONE league title. To call them the best side the Premiership has ever produced is short sighted to say the least. The points ammassed don't matter, what makes you great is a sustained period of dominance. Untied are by far and away the best side ever in the premiership. And I have just swallowed that hard that my throat hit my stomach.[/quote']

Yep - similar to what I wrote...your post sums it up a bit more eloquently!

In response to Spanish Fan' date=' Chelsea have won ONE league title. To call them the best side the Premiership has ever produced is short sighted to say the least. The points ammassed don't matter, what makes you great is a sustained period of dominance. Untied are by far and away the best side ever in the premiership. And I have just swallowed that hard that my throat hit my stomach.[/quote']

Which Manchester United? The one with Pallister in it? The one who won the treble? All of them?

I am not talking about "a team of the decade". I am talking about a team that has reach a level in a reasonable period of time (1 and a half seasons) that no other team in the Premiership has achieved. Chelsea under Mourinho wins more points per game than any other side in the history of the Premiership. That is a hard fact.

Standards dropping? Since when? England have now the best side of the past 30 years. English UEFA Cup teams are doing better in Europe than in the nineties. English CH L teams are doing better in Europe than in the nineties too. A lot of class foreigners (dogdgy ones too) are joining this League which is probably the richest in the world. England had more ballon D'Or contenders than any other country. The English League is tactically improving all the time thanks to the input of coaches like Wenger, Mourinho or Benitez.

And in this scenario we see a team full of great players on the pitch and on the bench, who do not play exciting football like Arsenal or United, but that are much harder to beat, much more reliable and that do not need heroics like coming back from 3-0 at half time to win games. Do you think that the current Manchester United side is much worse than the ones that won everything in the past? No way IMO.

I remember the hidding Barcelona gave to one of those "fantastic" United sides at the Camp Nou (4-0). The Barcelona current team is much better than it was then and I seriously doubt that they could beat by the same score the current United team, even with Silvestre and Rio as centerbacks.

Do not get confuse by the style of play. When Barcelona played Milan in the Champions League final almost everyone was expecting Barcelona to win cause they played a much more attractive football. Milan beat them 4-0.

Which Manchester United? The one with Pallister in it? The one who won the treble? All of them?

I am not talking about "a team of the decade". I am talking about a team that has reach a level in a reasonable period of time (1 and a half seasons) that no other team in the Premiership has achieved. Chelsea under Mourinho wins more points per game than any other side in the history of the Premiership. That is a hard fact.

Standards dropping? Since when? England have now the best side of the past 30 years. English UEFA Cup teams are doing better in Europe than in the nineties. English CH L teams are doing better in Europe than in the nineties too. A lot of class foreigners (dogdgy ones too) are joining this League which is probably the richest in the world. England had more ballon D'Or contenders than any other country. The English League is tactically improving all the time thanks to the input of coaches like Wenger, Mourinho or Benitez.

And in this scenario we see a team full of great players on the pitch and on the bench, who do not play exciting football like Arsenal or United, but that are much harder to beat, much more reliable and that do not need heroics like coming back from 3-0 at half time to win games. Do you think that the current Manchester United side is much worse than the ones that won everything in the past? No way IMO.

I remember the hidding Barcelona gave to one of those "fantastic" United sides at the Camp Nou (4-0). The Barcelona current team is much better than it was then and I seriously doubt that they could beat by the same score the current United team, even with Silvestre and Rio as centerbacks.

Do not get confuse by the style of play. When Barcelona played Milan in the Champions League final almost everyone was expecting Barcelona to win cause they played a much more attractive football. Milan beat them 4-0.

you're an idiot.

I am talking about a team that has reach a level in a reasonable period of time (1 and a half seasons) that no other team in the Premiership has achieved. Chelsea under Mourinho wins more points per game than any other side in the history of the Premiership. That is a hard fact.

Are you Hermes in disguise?

Spanish Fan - "Chelsea under Mourinho wins more points per game than any other side in the history of the Premiership. That is a hard fact"

Has it changed from 1 for a draw and 3 for a win? Dodgy bastards.

Seriously, though...you're being ridiculous. They're not the greatest side the Premiership has produced.

End of.

Spanish Fan - "Chelsea under Mourinho wins more points per game than any other side in the history of the Premiership. That is a hard fact"

Has it changed from 1 for a draw and 3 for a win? Dodgy bastards.

Seriously, though...you're being ridiculous. They're not the greatest side the Premiership has produced.

End of.

I think we can agree that Sunderland are probably the worst side the Premiership has ever seen, though.

Even Oldham and Bradford managed to stay uo an extra year.

In replay to the considerate words expressed by some. I don't consider myself anything but a football fan with an opinion on the game like the rest of you. If you don't agree with me, fine. But the insults I think they are over the top, or perhaps not reading some other threads.

Tom R calls everyone an idiot, don't take it personally. Think of it as an initiation of sorts.

In replay to the considerate words expressed by some. I don't consider myself anything but a football fan with an opinion on the game like the rest of you. If you don't agree with me, fine. But the insults I think they are over the top, or perhaps not reading some other threads.

Still an idiot.

That's a fact and facts are science. You just can't argue with science.

Chelsea greatest team ever, indeed. Worranidiot.

Spot on, apart from the reference to Man U's 4-0 defeat. They had to play a weakened team due to the "foreigners" ruling in force at the time.